What's new

Army should be looking for a NEW Sub Machine Gun (SMG)

CZ-805 BREN

cz_805.jpg

4340570002_9ee43e70a6.jpg

cz_805s_1.jpg

CZ_805_BREN_popis_A1.jpg

cz_805_bren_a2_assault_rifle_01.jpg

How Pathetic that we can make Nukes but can't make a decent assault rifle / SMG even a handgun of our own.

Its not pathetic. Making individual weapons and those too for force wide induction require infusion of technology which may not be available in country. The SMG and any future rifle will be produced in country and as such looking for foreign partners is not a bad idea at all.

Its not pathetic. Making individual weapons and those too for force wide induction require infusion of technology which may not be available in country. The SMG and any future rifle will be produced in country and as such looking for foreign partners is not a bad idea at all.

with a long time soildering experience what, you think we can get for now?
the best gettable option, for PA?

Thank you sir , but i do feel disappointed not to have tech to develop a decent rifle of our own.

So, what is the latest? Trials have begun or not? It is around mid september.

So, what is the latest? Trials have begun or not? It is around mid september.

I have been waiting for XYON since start of September. Expect the trials to have begun already.
My friend's uncle is a Brigadier, and his unit, which uses G-3 is soon going to be re-equipped. I am going to Pakistan Army quarters and officers' mess at 8 and I have questions including this which I expect to be answered.

....I am going to Pakistan Army quarters and officers' mess at 8 and I have questions including this which I expect to be answered.

So have they been answered now?

no...SMG is pistol rounds...

Look some pages back, a few members have explained it. PA classifies it's weapons differently.

Army field/ technical trials of the selection of new SMG in 7.62x39mm (replacing the MP5A2) have just concluded. Three contenders, Czech (Sa vz 58 Compact), Serbs (M70AB2) and Romanians (fixed stock AK-47) participated. Will post details very soon.

I have been waiting for XYON since start of September. Expect the trials to have begun already.
My friend's uncle is a Brigadier, and his unit, which uses G-3 is soon going to be re-equipped. I am going to Pakistan Army quarters and officers' mess at 8 and I have questions including this which I expect to be answered.

Last Hope which rifle is your father's unit replacing their G3s with? Xyon has listed the potential contenders for the SMG replacement but I am not aware of any plans to replace the G3s.

Xyon will the SMG replacement be acquired by LEAs in Pakistan as well or are they going to keep their Type 56s/Steyr Augs/MP5s?

Last Hope which rifle is your father's unit replacing their G3s with? Xyon has listed the potential contenders for the SMG replacement but I am not aware of any plans to replace the G3s.

Xyon will the SMG replacement be acquired by LEAs in Pakistan as well or are they going to keep their Type 56s/Steyr Augs/MP5s?

My dad used used to work with press. It's my friend's unit.
G-3 is to be replaced by a 7.62x39mm weapon of Heckler&Koch. You do the guesses.

First only the MP-5 would be replaced. Steyr AUGs are going good for Marines and SSG-N. The type-56 is however a failure and the users are not satisfied with it as it required good cleaning and it jams without with heavy usage.

hi,
as for as i am aware and after searching the net i could find no mention of a assault rifle or smg i 7.62*39 by h&k so checkur source.
Thank you

Thanks Last Hope. Are we going to procure the H&K piecemeal or is POF negotiating a license for local manufacture?

Black Tiger both the HK 417 and G36 can come in 7.62mm config depending upon customers requirements.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom