What's new

Attack on PAF Base Minhas

Status
Not open for further replies.
[:::~Spartacus~:::];3316333 said:
how is F-16 not beneficial to india, reducing the population is very beneficial to india does it not :azn:

I dont think so.

the court has no laws to deal with these type of terrorists. those countries that have such problem have special laws to dela with these a$$holes. But in Pakistan, where 'parliament is supreme' stuffed with time passers and opportunists, there are no such laws.

Its the job of parliament to make such laws. Only then the courts will be able to deal with them. Criminal laws cant fight terrorists. I hope its clear enough. :)
Very well said , i agree with you 100% .
As long as we have no anti terrorism laws these terrorists cant be punished and hanged for their crimes , Supreme courts asked the govt many times that if they want to handover terrorists to agencies or to investigate or arrest them then Govt should make such laws that help the agencies and security forces to tackle terrorism efficiently , but after a decade of WOT we still not able to make such laws .
I think that in this case courts and Security agencies both cant be blamed but the law makers of this country should be blamed instead .

So the Defense Minister Naveen Qamar is lying when he says that - only one aircraft was destroyed - (Kamra attack: ‘Minimal damage, militant deaths clear proof of preparedness’ – The Express Tribune Careful with passing around the Chusni my friend, sometime one may have to start to suck on it oneself unknowingly!
Sir According to several senior members at pakdef.info only one air craft was damaged and it was minor damage. (Aircraft was not blown up like P3C Orions ).

Media is coming up with conflicting reports. On one hand they say some planes have been damaged and on other they say the terrorists couldn't breach intial security barriers. :what:

Sir According to several senior members at pakdef.info only one air craft was damaged and it was minor damage. (Aircraft was not blown up like P3C Orions ).

My Brother! You are trying to tell me that Senior Members at PakDef know more than the Defense Minister of Pakistan coming out publicly with such a statement? The word used for the aircraft is 'destroyed' and not 'damaged'!! Some people in this thread are more concerned about saving face against Indians and other foreign nationals then dealing with the truth itself! Sad!

So the Defense Minister Naveed Qamar is lying when he says that - only one aircraft was destroyed - (Kamra attack: ‘Minimal damage, militant deaths clear proof of preparedness’ – The Express Tribune Careful with passing around the Chusni my friend, sometime one may have to start to suck on it oneself unknowingly!

Dude, this same source reported a grass fire in the same base as a $ Million tragedy, claiming that the Mirage Rebuild Factory has gone up in smoke...... talking of smoke, i am sure if a plane gets destroyed, we would have seen it blowing out of Kamra. !!

My Brother! You are trying to tell me that Senior Members at PakDef know more than the Defense Minister of Pakistan coming out publicly with such a statement? The word used for the aircraft is 'destroyed' and not 'damaged'!! Some people in this thread are more concerned about saving face against Indians and other foreign nationals then dealing with the truth itself! Sad!
To be honest yes sir i trust them more then these politicians they are quoting air force officials lets not forget previous defense minister statement when he said that Pakistan Air Force cannot fly fighter jets above 50,000 feet and that PAF cannot intercept drones (Which we know is not true and he was debunked by Air Marshal Tanveer later on).

Dude, this same source reported a grass fire in the same base as a $ Million tragedy, claiming that the Mirage Rebuild Factory has gone up in smoke...... talking of smoke, i am sure if a plane gets destroyed, we would have seen it blowing out of Kamra. !!

Bhai Jaan! statement is from the Defense Minister and NOT the Tribune itself! Unless you come up with an alternate credible/ verifiable source, I'll go with the statement at hand from the Defense Minister

To be honest yes sir i trust them more then these politicians they are quoting air force officials lets not forget previous defense minister statement when he said that Pakistan Air Force cannot fly fighter jets above 50,000 feet and that PAF cannot intercept drones (Which we know is not true and he was debunked by Air Marshal Tanveer later on).

Unless the official 'de-bunk' of his statement comes from AHQ. I will trust it fully & base my conversation on the information available at hand.

The IL-78 was hit, lets await for more info on whether it was damaged or destroyed.

Losing an IL-78 would be a significant loss.

Bhai Jaan! statement is from the Defense Minister and NOT the Tribune itself! Unless you come up with an alternate credible/ verifiable source, I'll go with the statement at hand from the Defense Minister

Unless the official 'de-bunk' of his statement comes from AHQ. I will trust it fully & base my conversation on the information available at hand.

Militants attack Pakistan nuclear air base - Telegraph

The militants launched their attack from a wilderness area on the edge of base at 2am, with fighters outside firing rocket propelled grenades at the nearest check post while others scaled the boundary wall. They killed at least one soldier and got past three security check posts and within striking distance of aircraft hangers, before striking the IL-78 transport aircraft with an RPG. Air force commandos fought until around 7am to re-take the base.

Word destroyed is not used by the Telegraph. But direct hit on a spot that causes secondary explosions would deinitely mean a total loss, but a shrapnel hitting would be different. So yes there is confusion, lets hope for the best.

Yes. They are a better source. I am amazed that despite being a senior member and you know so much about Pakistani military and even after that you consider defense minister to be a credible source. Seriously. :)

Kia ho gaya bhai? Roza lag raha hai?

You know back in the British times all these Cantonements were out of the cities. If you compare US bases (the major ones) they are deep in the middle of nowhere.

All these places were once free from local population mess, so definitely some higher up planner(s) have dropped the ball. Half the security is in the fact to not let the enemy get close.

Once the enemy is close, even a Kamikaze assault would prove to be beneficial.

Look at GHQ, Bhuttay wala rairi laga ke khara hota hai saamne.

I think the bases are in the right/strategic places. The population areas should be emptied out and bought by the PAF. Form some sort of a no go area defined by a minimum radius which can be defended by the DSG.

When I was about 8-10 year old I remember my Father using GHQ roads as a shortcut. Everyone in Pindi cantt use to do the same. Now most the roads on that side are blocked and people find it so difficult. Poor planning

First major operation by SSW i guess ?

I think no.

The precursor to the SSW, the Special Air warfare Wing fought in the 1971 Winter War. They were assigned to operate in Jammu and Kashmir and Dhaka, East-Pakistan. They were also kept standing by for airborne assault at different IAF bases. During 1980s, the SSW was assigned to operate alongside Army special forces in areas bordering Afghanistan. Recently, the SSW were dispatched with 50th Airborne Division of Pakistan Army and the Special Service Group (SSG). During the conflict, the SSW unit have participated in different helo borne and airborne assaults during recent SWAT and Waziristan operations.

Since the formation of SSW in 2004, they have been engaged in fighting against militants in Pakistan's Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province and FATA region.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom