What's new

Attacks on ISAF Supply Convoys

I guess it is hard to tell for me sometimes. There are quite a variety of posters. Some seem to relish any difficulties the US is experiencing anywhere but especially in Afghanistan and Pakistan. Sorry to paint with such a broad brush. My apologies.

Dear Truthseeker, to understand the dynamics of Pakistani thinking towards US, you need to have thorough understanding of the relationship which has shaped this thought process (only if you dont have that already) and a cursory knowledge would only hamper that process. Briefly stated, it is a common perception that all US actions in this region are geared up towards selfish motives without any regard for the sensitivities of Pakistanis because in the end, it is the Pakistanis who have to live here unlike US who have the luxury of backing out at any opportune or inoppurtune moment. :cheers:

Sir, Pakistan did try to fence the border but Afghani soldiers destroyed it.Honestly we're doing whatever we can do to get rid of this cancer (extremism) What more do you want us to do?Thousands of Pakistanis have died in suicide attacks.Aren't Pakistanis Human?

Of course Pakistanis are human. I guess what is going on is a low grade civil war and we, the US, is exacerbating it with our pressure and drone strikes. Did we cause the civil war? I think US public opinion would cause the US to back off if bin Laden and Zawahari were captured and/or killed. Can't the jihadi supporting politicians be convinced to make a bargain to give these guys up in exchange for an end to drone strikes and other pressures?

Last edited:
Of course Pakistanis are human. I guess what is going on is a low grade civil war and we, the US, is exacerbating it with our pressure and drone strikes. did we cause the civil war? I think US public opinion would cause the US to back off if bin Laden and Zawahari were captured and/or killed. Can't the jihadi supporting politicians be convinced to make a bargain to give these guys up in exchange for an end to drone strikes and other pressures?
Sir do you honestly think Religious politicians know where is Osama?If that was the case they would try to get him captured and enjoy the bounty money..trust me these politicians are very $$$ hungry...

Problem is that nobody acknowledges Pakistan's hard efforts ... every fu***in time people ask us to do more!

Do you think 7000 Indian soldiers would solve the problem?

No sir it will further destabilize Afghanistan.

If ISAF is sincere with Afghanistan then they need to make sure that Pakistan is satisfied with any arrangement in Afghanistan.

Some might say that ISI is involved and it may be true because no nation can afford hostile neighbours on its both sides.

Sir do you honestly think Religious politicians know where is Osama?If that was the case they would try to get him captured and enjoy the bounty money..trust me these politicians are very $$$ hungry...

well said!

Who is checking the vast West Afghanistan?

Western Afghanistan is ran by the same warlords/ druglords who supported Taliban (Najeeb before Talibans). How do people know that OBM and company are not in Western Afghanistan?

Neo,
You know that "fencing the Afghani-Pakastani border is not a feasible solution.
I believe Afghan war is costing US taxpayers $0.5 billion per day. I'm not an expert but I'm sure a well guarded fence will cost less and create more security on both sides.

The terrain and local sentiment would never permit it. Why offer that up as a credible solution?
You laid huge oil pipelines netwrok in Alaska, built Panama Canal, helped Ango-French build the Euro Tunnel. Compared to all that Pak-Afgan Fence would be an easy task.

Bombing villages by drones is affecting more lives and hurting a lot of people. And worse than that, they're breeding new generations of terrorists. Orphans of todays will be tomorrow's terrorist...not us but you're creating them!

This was quite an organized attack. Nato supplies had to be stopped.
They closed the roads before burning the vehicles, and did their best to avoid any human casuality.

well done.:enjoy:

You're pathetic.

A man murdered. A family left behind? In need? An owner intimidated along with the other guards, now likely unemployed as he loses his contract and is put out of business.

Winners? The big three in Detroit and their truck/humvee subsidiaries.

A real MILITARY victory there.

This insensitive idiocy is simply astounding.

This was quite an organized attack. Nato supplies had to be stopped.
They closed the roads before burning the vehicles, and did their best to avoid any human casuality.

well done.:enjoy:

you seriously need help. let me tell you that you wont be this happy when they come to your house and tell you to shut your computer down because according their illiterate mind this is un islamic. you should not be cheering this because this is causing pakistan problems.

What I meant is not that the "religious party" politicians know themselves where Osama is, but could they negotiate with the TTP about this? Is it so out of the question that Osama and Zawahiri be offered up in exchange for the US ceasing all incursions into Pakistan? Are O and Z that important to the Pakistan Taliban? Of course, if O and Z are not in Pakistan this is moot. And, of course, no one on the US side actually knows where they are. So, the incursions will probably go on until something definitive is known about O and Z's whereabouts.

"Well, now that we've had the dumb side thoroughly represented"

What? Are you representing the DUMBER side?

"I highly suggest Obama wrap things up quickly and give Pakistan writ in Afghanistan so that we may avoid aggression with the US and India and tackle lawlessness once and for all."

Take it from the Afghanis and America- if you can.

You can't even extend Pakistan's writ over FATA. No strategic depth for you. Your notions of sovereignty are skewed at best and decidedly warped to national ambitions at worst.

Clean up your act and quit permitting your dubiously-controlled soil to be used to make war upon others.:angry:

FATA should be the limits of your ambitions to sovereign writ and would appear to be far beyond your abilities to control.

I highly suggest Obama wrap things up quickly and give Pakistan writ in Afghanistan so that we may avoid aggression with the US and India and tackle lawlessness once and for all.

Not unless a significant majority of the Pashtun in Afghanistan want a loose federation with Pakistan - because that is the only way the Pakistani military could avoid the pitfalls of 'foreign occupiers' the Soviets faced before, and Yanks face today in Afghanistan.

Don't for a moment think that the Taliban will hesitate to use the 'invader' card against any force that prevents them from imposing their writ in those areas - the TTP is a prime example of that.

I would argue that in any configuration, Afghanistan and Pakistan will likely have to agree to implement some sort of 'Shariah Law', most likely a form that adheres more closely to the obscurantism of the Taliban, than the progressive form suggested by the Council of Islamic Ideology, in return for some sort of disarmament in the insurgency wracked regions.

The NWFP government's efforts in Swat are currently hung up on this very issue, with the TNSM leader Sufi Muhammed demanding more concessions towards his POV in the Shariah Bill proposed by the NWFP government, and Mullah FM suggesting he would disarm if a Shariah Bill supported by Sufi Mohammed is implemented.

I am not sure how overboard SM's deamnds are, but if disarmament can be verified and enforced, this may be a reasonable interim arrangement to stabilize society, develop local institutions to prevent similar weaponization and militias, develop the local economy, moderate opinion through education and bring about change over the long run.

Again, if the SM's demands start off with no female and/or modern/scientific education, this should be a non starter, since conceding to that demand means we lose the most powerful instrument for introducing change beyond the interim.

Guys can we calm things down a bit please? Have a exchange of ideas rather than gunfire please?

Excuse me, but terrorists are not cheered by 99% of the crowd here.

They are not fighting for Pakistan but against us.

Yes and that is why we Oppose America and it's Terrorist Military.

Collateral Damage...BS

I guess it is hard to tell for me sometimes. There are quite a variety of posters. Some seem to relish any difficulties the US is experiencing anywhere but especially in Afghanistan and Pakistan. Sorry to paint with such a broad brush. My apologies.

There is dislike of, and opposition to, the Taliban, and their ideology, and then there is also distrust and dislike of the US.

Expression of the latter does not automatically mean support for AQ or the Taliban - nor does it necessarily imply an across the board dislike of all things American.

Back
Top Bottom