What's new

Austalian athletes 'treated like cattle' CWG

they shouldn't have done that..... treat the Australians nicely prove them wrong about you, they will be burning front he inside :blink:

serves them right!! in india if you go looking for sheeps (as you do in Aus, if you know what i mean??:cheesy:), you will be treated like cattle!!

Doesn't the Aussie contingent manager himself say that they rioted, did not listen to the organisers and pushed about 50 meters ahead where they ended up close to air conditioning exausts which were spewing out hot air. I guess they wouldn't have ended up in that mess had they listened to organisers in the first place. The criticism is valid in some respects. However by not listening to the organisers, they themselves are responsible for some of the mess they got themselves into.

I wonder what happened to all those school children performing under all those elaborate costumes. They came through the same tunnel.

Why has no Aussie cricket team ever complained about the harsh subcontinental conditions (and they play for 6-7 hours in summers in India)?

The weather isn't the issue moron. Read the damn article, or don't reply.

They were all squashed into a little tunnel and it was 40 degrees, this is what they are complaining about.

Are Aussie cricketers stuffed into a tunnel and held there in 40 degree temps? NO.

If you fail at the simple task of opening your eyes and reading words, don't respond to anything.

It's sad really, all the Indians on here are criticizing the athletes when they are the victims, calling them "whingers" etc.

I guarantee if Indian athletes were stuffed into a tunnel at 40 degree temperatures for half an hour and Indian athletes were passing out etc, all the Indians on here would be in an uproar screaming stupid things like "OMG RACIST"

About 95% of the posts in this thread are absurd. You all turn around and start going off topic and criticizing a country, because the athletes of that country are fairly complaining about an incident that happened. It's a typical childish thing to do, blame the victim instead of accepting any wrong doing. You all should be ashamed.

I could easily engage in the same kind of childish behavior and blame victims for terrible incidents they have been through, but i won't stoop that lowl. I'll take the morale high ground.

"we rioted, pushed 50 metres and were in for more hotter conditions".. the organizers were trying to give you the best that they had. But you wanted more and hence suffered I guess. Btw, the host needs to treat the guest properly.. but the guest also needs to respect the host. It wasnt that Aus athletes were selectively sent in that place. Every athlete is given same conditions. How come only these ppl complaining?
even pakistan did not compain of anything in India!!!

off topic - btw, coming to the hospitality, australia has a lot of answering to do about its racism and the wiping out of aboriginals anyways.

I guarantee if Indian athletes were stuffed into a tunnel at 40 degree temperatures for half an hour and Indian athletes were passing out etc, all the Indians on here would be in an uproar screaming stupid things like "OMG RACIST"

@xdrive... I would have been in an apologetic mode for the OZ athletes if we would have had the rest of the people travel in AC tunnel and kept the OZ "stuffed up in tunnels", but it wasn't the case, was it? Do you really think that the rest of the athletes didn't have to go through the supposedly 40 degree tunnel... and for that matter was someone carrying a thermometer to the inauguration ceremony?...

Calling this as racist is drawing it too far... but hey there is something called a sportsman's spirit.... live by it... and stop complaining for every thing that is not 100% perfect... There is nothing called 100% perfect.

off topic - btw, coming to the hospitality, australia has a lot of answering to do about its racism and the wiping out of aboriginals anyways.

LOL. Your joking right? You obviously have no idea of the situation here. We have not wiped out the aboriginals, infact the aboriginal population is higher now, then 200 years ago.

It's also funny hearing an American talk about racism. You all use to lynch black people in the streets.

Actually know what you are talking about before you speak, also stay on topic, don't go off topic with bullshit like this. Thanks in advance.

"we rioted, pushed 50 metres and were in for more hotter conditions".. the organizers were trying to give you the best that they had. But you wanted more and hence suffered I guess. Btw, the host needs to treat the guest properly.. but the guest also needs to respect the host. It wasnt that Aus athletes were selectively sent in that place. Every athlete is given same conditions. How come only these ppl complaining?
even pakistan did not compain of anything in India!!!

:cheesy: Proves my point how US media has brainwashed Americans!

Aussies, Kiwis all the same, closet racists !

NZ television host does it again: this time ridiculing Dikshit

A New Zealand television station has come in for fresh criticism over its handling of breakfast host Paul Henry's Indian slurs after it continued prominently to feature a clip on its website in which he ridicules the name of Commonwealth Games troubleshooter Sheila Dikshit.

TVNZ has received at least four complaints about the clip, in which Henry deliberately mispronounces Dikshit, despite being told it is said "Dixit".

He also says the name "Dick ****" is "so appropriate" because she is Indian.

Sheila Dikshit is Delhi's chief minister and was called in to fix the problem-plagued Commonwealth Games preparations.

New Zealand Indian Central Association president Paul Singh Bains said the fact TVNZ was still promoting the clip on its website showed it had "totally lost the plot" and was insensitive to the offence Henry had caused.

He said that had been worsened by subsequent comments in which Henry said Governor-General Sir Anand Satyanand did not look nor sound like a New Zealander.

The Dikshit clip - which now appears to have been removed
- was promoted on the Video Extras section of TVNZ's website under the heading "Paul Henry laughs about the name Dikshit".

"The dip **** woman. God, what's her name? Dick ****. Is it Dick **** ... it looks like 'Dick ****'," Henry says through bouts of laughter.

"It's so appropriate, because she's Indian, so she'd be dick-in-**** wouldn't she, do you know what I mean? Walking along the street ... it's just so funny."

Mr Bains said he accepted that Mrs Dikshit's name and other Indian names could be difficult to pronounce, but Henry had moved beyond that to ridicule.

He said TVNZ appeared insensitive to the offence caused by leaving the clip on its website, and it should have sacked Henry after his comments about Sir Anand.

"TVNZ have lost the plot. I honestly think the credibility of TVNZ is down the tubes through this," he said.

"He should be sanctioned more than that. He should be eliminated from that spot. He should be sacked and given another role somewhere else.

"He has an attitude about Indians and all other ethnicities for that matter. If we sound different, if we look different, he thinks there's no place for us in New Zealand."

TVNZ spokeswoman Andi Brotherston said the website was an independent news organisation.

"[It] is part of TVNZ's news and current affairs department, which has its editorial independence enshrined in legislation."

She would not say whether TVNZ chief executive Rick Ellis, who suspended Henry from his Breakfast role and is TVNZ's editor-in-chief, had control over the content on the website.

Greens human rights spokesman Keith Locke said the clip, first aired last Friday, was a "particularly graphic illustration of Paul Henry's cultural insensitivity".

"He went on and on being offensive to the chief minister of Delhi by mispronouncing her name in a crude manner.

"The latest incident with the Governor-General shows that he has learnt nothing past criticism of his racist commentary. Ten days in the sin bin is unlikely to change that, so perhaps he should be given a red card."

The Herald on Sunday reported this week that TVNZ had received four complaints about the Dikshit piece.

It has received more than 600 about Henry's comments about Sir Anand.

------------------------------------

aww so much love :smitten:

We have 40 degree temps here in Australia, but we don't sit in a confined room with 100o other people with no air conditioning.

The athletes were in a small tunnel, with 1,000 people with no air conditioning, with 40 degrees temperatures.

People were passing out from heat exhaustion.

i thought british people ruled for 100 years this dehli and no AC at that tym!!!

Aussies, Kiwis all the same, closet racists !

NZ television host does it again: this time ridiculing Dikshit

A New Zealand television station has come in for fresh criticism over its handling of breakfast host Paul Henry's Indian slurs after it continued prominently to feature a clip on its website in which he ridicules the name of Commonwealth Games troubleshooter Sheila Dikshit.

TVNZ has received at least four complaints about the clip, in which Henry deliberately mispronounces Dikshit, despite being told it is said "Dixit".

He also says the name "Dick ****" is "so appropriate" because she is Indian.

Sheila Dikshit is Delhi's chief minister and was called in to fix the problem-plagued Commonwealth Games preparations.

New Zealand Indian Central Association president Paul Singh Bains said the fact TVNZ was still promoting the clip on its website showed it had "totally lost the plot" and was insensitive to the offence Henry had caused.

He said that had been worsened by subsequent comments in which Henry said Governor-General Sir Anand Satyanand did not look nor sound like a New Zealander.

The Dikshit clip - which now appears to have been removed
- was promoted on the Video Extras section of TVNZ's website under the heading "Paul Henry laughs about the name Dikshit".

"The dip **** woman. God, what's her name? Dick ****. Is it Dick **** ... it looks like 'Dick ****'," Henry says through bouts of laughter.

"It's so appropriate, because she's Indian, so she'd be dick-in-**** wouldn't she, do you know what I mean? Walking along the street ... it's just so funny."

Mr Bains said he accepted that Mrs Dikshit's name and other Indian names could be difficult to pronounce, but Henry had moved beyond that to ridicule.

He said TVNZ appeared insensitive to the offence caused by leaving the clip on its website, and it should have sacked Henry after his comments about Sir Anand.

"TVNZ have lost the plot. I honestly think the credibility of TVNZ is down the tubes through this," he said.

"He should be sanctioned more than that. He should be eliminated from that spot. He should be sacked and given another role somewhere else.

"He has an attitude about Indians and all other ethnicities for that matter. If we sound different, if we look different, he thinks there's no place for us in New Zealand."

TVNZ spokeswoman Andi Brotherston said the website was an independent news organisation.

"[It] is part of TVNZ's news and current affairs department, which has its editorial independence enshrined in legislation."

She would not say whether TVNZ chief executive Rick Ellis, who suspended Henry from his Breakfast role and is TVNZ's editor-in-chief, had control over the content on the website.

Greens human rights spokesman Keith Locke said the clip, first aired last Friday, was a "particularly graphic illustration of Paul Henry's cultural insensitivity".

"He went on and on being offensive to the chief minister of Delhi by mispronouncing her name in a crude manner.

"The latest incident with the Governor-General shows that he has learnt nothing past criticism of his racist commentary. Ten days in the sin bin is unlikely to change that, so perhaps he should be given a red card."

The Herald on Sunday reported this week that TVNZ had received four complaints about the Dikshit piece.

It has received more than 600 about Henry's comments about Sir Anand.

------------------------------------

aww so much love :smitten:
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: dixit ehhh come on now you are acting like aussies. indeed they have to pronounce desi names that way.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom