What's new

Austalian athletes 'treated like cattle' CWG

Btw... this guy has been suspended after his remarks on NZ Governer General who happens to be of Indian origin.

TVNZ suspends Paul Henry
TVNZ has today suspended Breakfast host Paul Henry over remarks he made about Governor-General Sir Anand Satyanand.

Henry has been under fire since the comments on TVNZ's Breakfast programme yesterday, and TVNZ has received around 600 formal complaints.

In an interview with Prime Minister John Key, Henry asked if Sir Anand was "even a New Zealander".

Henry then asked Key about his next choice of Governor-General: "Are you going to choose a New Zealander who looks and sounds like a New Zealander this time? Are we going to go for someone who is more like a New Zealander this time?"

Well great to see we Indians,Pakistanis and the Chinese are united against the Aussie P*$$ys

LOL. Your joking right? You obviously have no idea of the situation here. We have not wiped out the aboriginals, infact the aboriginal population is higher now, then 200 years ago.

It's also funny hearing an American talk about racism. You all use to lynch black people in the streets.

Actually know what you are talking about before you speak, also stay on topic, don't go off topic with bullshit like this. Thanks in advance.

you forget the color of our president right now...

also.. my country doing something or not does not exactly mean your coutry was right.. it simply mean we both are wrong. atleast there should be some acknowledgement and then introspection.

I know this has probably been brought up before on this thread but I will bring it up again regardless: wouldn't being treated like cattle be akin to "treated" well in India given the religious significance of Cows in the Hindu religion?

I know this has probably been brought up before on this thread but I will bring it up again regardless: wouldn't being treated like cattle be akin to "treated" well in India given the religious significance of Cows in the Hindu religion?

Participating in Pakistani and other sites has really been an education.

Whatever the religious significance of cows in the Hindu religion, except for some states ruled by a party of right-wing Hindu bigots, beef is a staple for non-Hindus, and some Hindus. West Bengal, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, New Delhi, certainly, probably some more. It's banned, and therefore cows are not slaughtered, in Punjab, Rajasthan, Gujarat, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, their slaughter is banned.

You can't generalise about India, including this generalisation.

Secondly, a largely Hindu majority doesn't mean India is Hindu.

you forget the color of our president right now...

also.. my country doing something or not does not exactly mean your coutry was right.. it simply mean we both are wrong. atleast there should be some acknowledgement and then introspection.

I never said my country was right, but i found it absurd your criticizing my country when your country has done much worse. Plus half of what you said wasn't even true.

Also there was acknowledgement of past mistakes. In 2009, my countries prime minister officially apologized to the aboriginal people and gave them a national holiday. Also for the past 20 years, the government has been giving the aboriginals billions of dollars to help them.

Actually know what your talking about before you speak.

i thought british people ruled for 100 years this dehli and no AC at that tym!!!

Are you ignoring the "stuffed in a small tunnel" bit on purpose or are you just an idiot?

Are you ignoring the "stuffed in a small tunnel" bit on purpose or are you just an idiot?

The fact is, something like this might have happened due to the organizers not forseeing the problem - quite likely. But the reason that most Indians, Pakistanis and Chinese on this page are ridiculing the Australian athletes is simply this: the Australian media has lost all credibility.

Personally speaking, I realize that the Indian media's 'racism row' was 70% hype, but the Australian media is no better, and such articles coming out from Australian media will be summarily dismissed for a long time.

The fact is, something like this might have happened due to the organizers not forseeing the problem - quite likely. But the reason that most Indians, Pakistanis and Chinese on this page are ridiculing the Australian athletes is simply this: the Australian media has lost all credibility.

Personally speaking, I realize that the Indian media's 'racism row' was 70% hype, but the Australian media is no better, and such articles coming out from Australian media will be summarily dismissed for a long time.

But it was the athletes and the head of the athlete team who was complaining, not the media...........

i thought british people ruled for 100 years this dehli and no AC at that tym!!!

In Australia it gets really hot and sun is stronger here compared to anywhere in the world but everyone enjoys going out and playing outdoor sports !

the problem here is not heat but poor airflow and so many people being in confined space i.e. suffocation affect.

I never said my country was right, but i found it absurd your criticizing my country when your country has done much worse. Plus half of what you said wasn't even true.

Also there was acknowledgement of past mistakes. In 2009, my countries prime minister officially apologized to the aboriginal people and gave them a national holiday. Also for the past 20 years, the government has been giving the aboriginals billions of dollars to help them.

Actually know what your talking about before you speak.

so you find me criticizing your country absurd cos mine killed the blacks. But your country can be so racist - kill indians and pakistanis - and still ask to be treated like gods in India and call the way they treat their "foreigners" bad?

acknowledging past mistakes does not give you a license to clean your slate.

also. you got the US unnecessarily into this. Its the argument of the weak to say "you did something wrong so you cant lecture me". It is the right of every drunkard to tell you not to drink. Because not drinking is right! just because he does not follow it, does not make the statement itself wrong!

refrain from arguments like these.

Of course they wouldn't. Any bad news story about India is met with Indians insulting other people. It's a childish thing to do.

Imagine if there was a terrorist attack in India and thousands of foreign athletes were killed. I bet the Indians on here would be saying "oh they are just whining" "oh they are never happy"

You have to accept criticizem if it's fair and true criticism. Don't take criticism as an insult.

Describe Whining??

Ans: South asian & especially indian students bashed/killed/stabbed/their property damaged & burnt in the developed Australia on a daily basis and their prime minister giving out a stmt "Such things happen at big metros every where on earth"

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom