What's new

Australia boosts training for Pakistan military

talking of being smart on internet you r army is no better then eating dunts n drinking beers in cans ur army might me equipped with state of the art weapons but let me make this into a understandable way have good weapons but no heart

As i said, If you don't have anything intelligent to say, don't say anything at all.

I am not trying to insult anyone or be a smart ***. I just want to have a reasonable conversation, in a reasonable conversation, there is no name calling or insulting, nor is that stuff said that is not factual. If you do not know what you are talking about, do not post. 95% of the people in this thread know what they are talking about, except you and that other guy.

Well look at all the useful coming for these military knowledge Pakistanis.
I just hope you lot have a bit more military experience than just being pathetic armchair idiots.

From what I know of this forum no one from Australia has denigrated the PA or the FC in any way. You have gone to great lengths to be as obnoxious and denigrate the Australian military and with zilch real knowledge.
You do the PA, FC and your country proud with your pathetic lack of knowledge rhetoric.

In other words you have insulted another nation’s soldiers in a pathetic and disgusting manner and done it in a defence forum. That only brings shame on your own military.
Congratulations

Also since none of you seem to have actually read the original article it was to provide special training to officers of the PA not to train the PA. The officers were to go to Australia for this.

I have taken your comments and included these in a letter of formal compliant to the Defence Minister as further evidence this is a waste of my tax payer money as it is obvious military experts here at this forum consider such training as a waste of time.

I initially considered this forum a place of reasonable discussion and I did have a high regard of the PA and FC in their battle with the terrorists.
I now see that was misplaced and this forum is nothing more than a mirror of many Indian ones in the ability to generate poor taste rhetoric.

Thanks, as my perceptions of you and your country have gone negative fast. You deserve your 10% politicians, poor social infrastructure and crumbling economy.

Well look at all the useful coming for these military knowledge Pakistanis.
I just hope you lot have a bit more military experience than just being pathetic armchair idiots.

From what I know of this forum no one from Australia has denigrated the PA or the FC in any way. You have gone to great lengths to be as obnoxious and denigrate the Australian military and with zilch real knowledge.
You do the PA, FC and your country proud with your pathetic lack of knowledge rhetoric.

In other words you have insulted another nation’s soldiers in a pathetic and disgusting manner and done it in a defence forum. That only brings shame on your own military.
Congratulations

Also since none of you seem to have actually read the original article it was to provide special training to officers of the PA not to train the PA. The officers were to go to Australia for this.

I have taken your comments and included these in a letter of formal compliant to the Defence Minister as further evidence this is a waste of my tax payer money as it is obvious military experts here at this forum consider such training as a waste of time.

I initially considered this forum a place of reasonable discussion and I did have a high regard of the PA and FC in their battle with the terrorists.
I now see that was misplaced and this forum is nothing more than a mirror of many Indian ones in the ability to generate poor taste rhetoric.

Thanks, as my perceptions of you and your country have gone negative fast. You deserve your 10% politicians, poor social infrastructure and crumbling economy.

The first bit sums it up pretty much how i feel. I thought we could all have a reasonable conversation instead we have people insulting other countries.

you heard of that great saying ??? ?

ignorence is bliss.

these guys have not even seen the way aussie train, austrlian soldiers might be small in number. but here comes quality , aus have almost all the trrain avilable in this tengible world. they train in almost all kind of weather to context. from sub zero frozen tessie to 120 degree F dessert.

now as for the war experience : its such a lame and mindless statement to make, austrlians are very much active in almost all the war going on. aus loose its brave son of land , for nothing to gain - they fight for human rights of others.

and when it comes to : no real tussel with other coutnries. its not australia's fault that they are as peaceful and others are in dep shyt upto their neck.

Never disrespect a soldier he die for the same cause - that his opposing soldier died : i.e fighting for his nation.

-------- and aus is infect doing more than its share for peace and human rights , and if time comes - aussie always surprize . because aussie go hard.-----------

) p.s : ratus mate, u know the reply post you got in this thread are not really showing the reflection of whole country , region, not even this forum. ------

Getting Training from an Army is not bad. Whether its Srilankan or Australian. Even if Australian Army has less experience of the scenario we are currently in. It can be better for our future needs. Joint Exercises with Australia would be helpful to both the countries.

i don't understand what the problem is.....why are the Australians being under estimated & why are they in return under estimating the pakistanis!!!!!

look both sides in terms of training and exercise......Australian forces take part in many international military exercises so their standard of training is upto par....it will be naive to under estimate the australians for any reason!!!

as for Pakistan army it has constantly been at war either be it india or the soviets or the taliabn.....

it will be NAIVE for the Pakistanis or the Australians to under estimate the other....and it will be naive of Indians or Pakistanis to under estimate each other....

in case of war every man fights with equal zeal and love of the country!!!!!

so boys stop your measuring contest & respect each other!

Don't judge before you know!

i don't understand what the problem is.....why are the Australians being under estimated & why are they in return under estimating the pakistanis!!!!!

look both sides in terms of training and exercise......Australian forces take part in many international military exercises so their standard of training is upto par....it will be naive to under estimate the australians for any reason!!!

as for Pakistan army it has constantly been at war either be it india or the soviets or the taliabn.....

it will be NAIVE for the Pakistanis or the Australians to under estimate the other....and it will be naive of Indians or Pakistanis to under estimate each other....

I was not being Naive, nor did i underestimate the Pakistan army. I was just pointing out the facts.

Even if Australian Army has less experience of the scenario we are currently in.

As for experience Australia has been involved with COIN ops since the 50’s with the Malaya Insurrection by the communists there.
Pakistan is relatively new to COIN in its true sense so don’t say we don’t have the experience.
We have a huge amount of experience.
As for experts the US COIN manual was part put together by an Australian Dr David Kilcullen.
David Kilcullen is an ex LTCOL Australian Army and also served on the staff of General David Petraeus in Iraq.

Australia was not underestimating the PA, but providing a different perspective on the matter.
That is what the many officer training and exchange programs are about. Exchange of ideas and understanding different approaches.

So the concept of underestimation is misplaced.

Don't judge before you know!

Why not, I see so much preconceived judgment about here that I am just as entitled to that perception and approach.

I will judge on what I see and know.

Besides this place is not my only source of intel.

Well all of you guy dont make fun of Australia's forces if somebody wants to help you what's bad in it?

Besides learning does'nt make you small or less professional,Australia offered helped and we should be greateful to them that they will share with us thier experiance and how they train.

I am so surprised how some Pakistanis are responding its just like that our Army has learned everything and does need any help or training.

Its not about that we have no experiance of counterinsurgency its about different circumstances faced by both countries.

Last edited:
just because of few blind patriotism idiots our reputation gets destroyed!
And a kind advice to aussi members. kindly dont generalize your opinion based on these few idiots. Aussi is a very professional army and their is no harm in learning a few more good things from them.

just because of few blind patriotism idiots our reputation gets destroyed!
And a kind advice to aussi members. kindly dont generalize your opinion based on these few idiots. Aussi is a very professional army and their is no harm in learning a few more good things from them.

They haven't destroyed Pakistans reputation. Most people reading there comments would understand that they are idiots and don't speak for all Pakistanis, not even half.

I certainly haven't generalized my opinion after reading there comments.

As for experience Australia has been involved with COIN ops since the 50’s with the Malaya Insurrection by the communists there.
Pakistan is relatively new to COIN in its true sense so don’t say we don’t have the experience.
We have a huge amount of experience.
As for experts the US COIN manual was part put together by an Australian Dr David Kilcullen.
David Kilcullen is an ex LTCOL Australian Army and also served on the staff of General David Petraeus in Iraq.

well actually pakistan doesn't know properly how to carry out COIN operations i believe.....the reason i say this is that we are currently using heavy artillery against "militants" who have no fortified positions and infact would love for us to increase collateral damage as well as turn whole areas into ruble so they can actually get better places to hide & fight!!!

so yes currently Pakistan Army in my opinon doesn't know how to carry out proper COIN operation and we need to learn from anyone including Australia!

Back
Top Bottom