What's new

China, Australia agree to turn the page as tensions ease

China and Australia have a good relationship in the past.

But then suddenly hawkish politicians jumped in and destroyed everything in just one day one night.

Now, Australia wants to build a good relationship again.

And tomorrow destroy it again.

USA and its allies are the world's biggest threat right now.

Political instability and hawkish attitude of the politicians... and one day there will be a misstep that leads the world to WW3.

This is just a temporary truce. Relation with these US puppets will be highly unstable in the foreseeable future. China will continue to de-risk from Australia.

Let us see who is begging who

Australia is a member of QUAD
Australia is member of AKZUS
Australia rejects China's South China Sea claims
Australia has banned Huawei
Action speaks louder than words, it is Australia going to kowtow to China. You don't see Xi visiting Australia. My cousin says Australia depends alot on Chinese exports to get revenue, the government needs alot of revenue to finance their deficit. China is the biggest source of revenue.

This is just a temporary truce. Relation with these US puppets will be highly unstable in the foreseeable future. China will continue to de-risk from Australia.
Of course a dog is always a dog, but if you feed them, they will stop barking and sit when you ask them to

Quit farting ... CCP figured out they need Australian raw materials
China needs Australian raw materials. But China doesn't rely on Australian raw materials. For every raw material Australia has, there are at least two countries that can replace it. In the long run, China will definitely decrease raw materials import from Australia.

dude, on average we earn 8 times an average Chinese earn in Per Capita term, I mean our minimal wage is A$52,000 (250,000 RMB) a year, do you think Australia does not have economic and development cooperation??

Dude, you are delusional to think we are lacking on Economic and Development term...
Australia is no different than Saudi. Who heavily relies on natural resources export. This kind of economic is not something admirable. Believe me, the cost of China decoupling Australia is much lower than Germany decoupling Russia.

China needs Australian raw materials. But China doesn't rely on Australian raw materials. For every raw material Australia has, there are at least two countries that can replace it. In the long run, China will definitely decrease raw materials import from Australia.

obviously CCP powers in charge decided otherwise

Action speaks louder than words, it is Australia going to kowtow to China.

Let us know which actions you are talking about
By joining QUAD
by joining AKZUS
rejecting China's South China Sea claims
banning Huawei from Australian market

They can always supply weapons to Taiwan :enjoy:

obviously CCP powers in charge decided otherwise
What is "otherwise"? China is building infrastructures in Guinea. Which owns one of biggest iron mines in the world. China has also promoted relationship with Brazil and Russia. Which are both major natural resources suppliers.

5c4f-c75f401ca37ce85f73eef79ab094075c.png

What is "otherwise"? China is building infrastructures in Guinea. Which owns one of biggest iron mines in the world. China has also promoted relationship with Brazil and Russia. Which are both major natural resources suppliers.

View attachment 972522

Australia is there everywhere in the top 5

Australia is no different than Saudi. Who heavily relies on natural resources export. This kind of economic is not something admirable. Believe me, the cost of China decoupling Australia is much lower than Germany decoupling Russia.
Well, not that I don't believe you (which I actually don't) China tried to decouple with Australia in the pass, right when Scotmo try to push for the COVID investigation, it really didn't end well for China.

The issue here is, Australia have stuff that Russia don't have and you either buy from us or you pay double trying to buy from Africa and South America and wait for double or even triple amount of shipping time to get those resource, again, of course you can do that if you so choose, but that would cut your profit margin.

As I said, China tried, that didn't end up very well for China.

And finally, Australia is very different than Saudi. Saudi only have 1 single export, Australia dominate multiple resource, Uranium, Iron, Aluminium and so on, the location of Australia being an island places between the Pacific and Indian ocean with established port facilities in all 4 side of the island also favor export driven economy, only idiots will compare Australia with Saudi.......

1699519686226.png

1699519705071.png

Just an add on information. China account for slightly over 25% of Australian export, with Japan come very close at 14%, Australia have a very diverse portfolio and we probably wouldn't even cry one night if China decided to decouple from us.

Last edited:
In brief terms explain why?

Would also love to observe a dingo. From a long distance away of course
Sydney is probably the same thing you see in Philly, probably a bit cleaner.

Melbourne is the same. If you want to go visit Australia, you probably need to go places like Blue Mountain, Uluru or Western Australia. Otherwise you are just staying in Metro Australia so you can say you have been to Australia....

View attachment 972522
First of all Guinea can no where near produce the same quality and number of ore than Australia, and it's the wrong half of Africa, it will take at least 2 months per shipment instead of 20 days from Australia to Southern China.

Just because you are building port in Guinea does not make a ship go faster and go cheaper......and both are crucial for raw material.

Well, not that I don't believe you (which I actually don't) China tried to decouple with Australia in the pass, right when Scotmo try to push for the COVID investigation, it really didn't end well for China.

The issue here is, Australia have stuff that Russia don't have and you either buy from us or you pay double trying to buy from Africa and South America and wait for double or even triple amount of shipping time to get those resource, again, of course you can do that if you so choose, but that would cut your profit margin.

As I said, China tried, that didn't end up very well for China.

And finally, Australia is very different than Saudi. Saudi only have 1 single export, Australia dominate multiple resource, Uranium, Iron, Aluminium and so on, the location of Australia being an island places between the Pacific and Indian ocean with established port facilities in all 4 side of the island also favor export driven economy, only idiots will compare Australia with Saudi.......

View attachment 972632

View attachment 972633

Just an add on information. China account for slightly over 25% of Australian export, with Japan come very close at 14%, Australia have a very diverse portfolio and we probably wouldn't even cry one night if China decided to decouple from us.
I remember European said safety is more important than cheap energy. Same to China. China has lost trust to Australia for ever. Sea freight isn't a big deal. It's only small part of total cost.

I remember European said safety is more important than cheap energy. Same to China. China has lost trust to Australia for ever. Sea freight isn't a big deal. It's only small part of total cost.
Dude, as I said, you can't buy similar quality of ore and ship to you as that range, Business is NOT about trust, it's about profit margin. Do you think Australia trust China or China trust Australia even before this riff?

As I said, if China have alternative market to keep the profit margin viable, they would have already done so, it's not just "Small part of total cost" as you put it. It's about balance of supply and demand, just because you need it but you don't want to buy from Australia, that does not mean other country can fill the void, because if it takes twice as long to ship the ore from Africa to China, you will need to buy twice as much for each order so you can offset the delivery time, and just because you don't want to buy from Australia does not mean Guinea can extract that much ore to ship to you.

Let alone the fact that it's Rio Tinto, an Australian company, and Takraf Group (a Germany based company) that runs the Simandou Project in Guinea, am pretty sure they are going to jump at a heartbeat to screw Australia........LOL

Rio Tinto has awarded a contract to Takraf to deliver an integrated in-pit crushing and conveying (IPCC) service for the Simandou iron ore complex in Guinea.

Dude, as I said, you can't buy similar quality of ore and ship to you as that range, Business is NOT about trust, it's about profit margin. Do you think Australia trust China or China trust Australia even before this riff?

As I said, if China have alternative market to keep the profit margin viable, they would have already done so, it's not just "Small part of total cost" as you put it. It's about balance of supply and demand, just because you need it but you don't want to buy from Australia, that does not mean other country can fill the void, because if it takes twice as long to ship the ore from Africa to China, you will need to buy twice as much for each order so you can offset the delivery time, and just because you don't want to buy from Australia does not mean Guinea can extract that much ore to ship to you.

Let alone the fact that it's Rio Tinto, an Australian company, and Takraf Group (a Germany based company) that runs the Simandou Project in Guinea, am pretty sure they are going to jump at a heartbeat to screw Australia........LOL

China alway pursues multi suppliers for any raw material. Even Russian oil is cheaper than others. China never stopped buying oil from other suppliers. Also for this reason China invested huge amount of money in Guinea iron mine. No matter how cheap iron ore from Australia is, China will not rely on it. Australia is just one supplier for China. And it's not an irreplaceable supplier.

Let us see who is begging who

Australia is a member of QUAD
Australia is member of AKZUS
Australia rejects China's South China Sea claims
Australia has banned Huawei
Yeah. Let's see who begging who.

China is a member of P5.
China is a member of the G2.
The Chinese navy patrols the east coast of Australia.
Australia buys more Chinese cars, Chinese TBMs, Chinese construction machinery, and Chinese wind turbines.

Oh. I remember Australia threatening to sue China at the WTO. When did it happen?

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom