What's new

Avalanche traps about 150 Pakistani soldiers

Pakistan should have accepted indian help......its a shame if helped was offered and Pakistan denied.....
Although i doubt if help was really offered...or just a media invention?

Guys (both sides) Cut the Crap , this is not the time nor the place for you messed up sense for politics , cant you see there are far more important issue then Zardari & Help from india , there are 150 Soldiers Buried under 80 feet snow & you are talking politics .

if you dint have anything to add or have any information about this incident , then get out of here.

we should not offer any help..let them live in their own mess.
Their prob is not our prob

The Indian army and the Indian govt both have a different perception, and that's what matters.

And congrats, you managed to earn the hatred of Indians and pakistanis alike. That's a rare feat.

it depends on many circumstances...
the soldiers were fully insulated...and snow itself is a very good insulator..thats why eskimos lived in.igloos?
if soldiers are completely immersed in snow..they will die due to lack of oxygen..
but if even one of the buildings survived and an air picket was created...there are chances somebody will come out alive...
It was 6 in the morning, majority of them would be sleeping so they would not be properly dressed.

Manmohan just delivered the diplomatic one-two, follwed by an upper cut and a checkmate on a nearby chessboard. If Pakistan decides to take Indian help, the we look weak. If we decline it, we look like pompous ***** who put their pride before the well being of their men. It's the Gov's call now. I think that the offer will be declined though, there isn't much India can offer us under such circumstances, we have a division strength manforce digging away, heavy machinery has already been airlifted into the area and a field hospital has been established on site. The same announcement about 24hrs ago might have left the military and civilian hierarchy facing a puzzling conundrum as we had none of this about 24hrs ago.

A very noble gesture none the less.

I am pleased that right this minute any Indians and Pakistanis reading your post will be thinking what you are and sharing the same sentiments. Do you really feel the urge on a thread like this to drop the odd wink and attempt to troll? It wouldnt matter to me whether these soldiers were of Pakistani or Indian origin - i would want to simply do whatever we could to rescue them for the sake of humanity and their families.
I thank god that the likes of you are in a serious minority of just 1. You are a troll of the highest degree.

Absolutely right...these are chaps who are just filled with hatred and nothing else...They are so much blinded by hatred that they just simply forget that we are humans...Unfortunately such morons are on both sides and the rest of all has to suffer because of the venom they spur...I am disgusted to core after reading his comment and another moron riding high on his ego replying back....Such people should not be allowed to stay on this forum for even a minute...

b/w do we have any updates on survivors(hope they are in plenty)

I am pleased that right this minute any Indians and Pakistanis reading your post will be thinking what you are and sharing the same sentiments. Do you really feel the urge on a thread like this to drop the odd wink and attempt to troll? It wouldnt matter to me whether these soldiers were of Pakistani or Indian origin - i would want to simply do whatever we could to rescue them for the sake of humanity and their families.
I thank god that the likes of you are in a serious minority of just 1. You are a troll of the highest degree.

Absolutely right...these are chaps who are just filled with hatred and nothing else...They are so much blinded by hatred that they just simply forget that we are humans...Unfortunately such morons are on both sides and the rest of all has to suffer because of the venom they spur...I am disgusted to core after reading his comment and another moron riding high on his ego replying back....Such people should not be allowed to stay on this forum for even a minute...

b/w do we have any updates on survivors(hope they are in plenty)

sir.....your replies werent that dignified either...but lets stop the fight and hope the soldiers are somehow saved
Yes it wasn't bro ... This comment of him disgusted me seriously ... He talks as if force majeure doesn't strike on other side of LOC ...

It was 6 in the morning, majority of them would be sleeping so they would not be properly dressed.

To me that is good news...Since most of them sleeping its highly probable that they must be in some hardened structure which might save them from getting buried directly under the snow and die due to suffocation(assuming enough oxygen masks were there in that structure)..

Yes it wasn't bro ... This comment of him disgusted me seriously ... He talks as if force majeure doesn't strike on other side of LOC ...

You must have missed the news...we lost our 19 couple of weeks back :(

Rescue Efforts .

Avalanche-kills-30-Pakistani-soldiers-buries-100-others.jpg

Avalanche-Soldiers.jpg

It looks really bad.

Well, let's not ignore reality. There are such people (however few in number) on both sides of the border. Maybe he isn't a troll, maybe he sincerely feels that way. Such people do exist, the good thing is that they are overwhelmed by normal people.

Well, let's not ignore reality. There are such people (however few in number) on both sides of the border. Maybe he isn't a troll, maybe he sincerely feels that way. Such people do exist, the good thing is that they are overwhelmed by normal people.
Appreciated bro :)

You must have missed the news...we lost our 19 couple of weeks back :(

I know mate :(

I think Siachen area should be demilitiarized , we cannot afford to waste lives over egos , lets India enjoy the snow. Is there any thing strategic about Siachin ?

US offers help in finding avalanche victims | DAWN.COM

ISLAMABAD: The United States has expressed its “deep concern” for the Pakistani soldiers currently trapped as a result of an avalanche in Gayari Sector of the Siachen Glacier.

We offer our condolences for those who have lost their lives as a result of the avalanche, said a US embassy release on Sunday.

Our thoughts and prayers are with the soldiers and their families and loved ones, it added.

The US is ready to assist Pakistan in search, rescue, and recovery operations, the statement further said.

“We stand by to offer any assistance that Pakistan requires in the aftermath of this tragedy.”

I heard on tv this morning that rescue workers could hear faint sounds of whistles coming from below the surface, a possible indication that there are survivors, but it's a long shot.

Back
Top Bottom