What's new

Avalanche traps about 150 Pakistani soldiers

553739_356900617694734_113517185366413_1021470_1170398158_n.jpg

Photo of Maj Zaka Ul Haq buried under the snow at Siachen

Got this from facebook.

from: Siachen Tragedy: Rescuers concentrate on five points - geo.tv

RAWALPINDI: Rescuers searching for 138 people buried under a huge avalanche at an army camp are concentrating their efforts on five points at the site, the military said on Tuesday.

A huge wall of snow crashed into the remote Siachen Glacier base high in the mountains in Kashmir early Saturday morning, smothering an area of one square kilometre (a third of a square mile).

Despite harsh conditions, the military said efforts had intensified, with more than 450 people taking part up from 286 late on Monday aided by mechanical earth movers, bulldozers and excavators, and work is focusing on certain key areas.

"Five points have been identified on the site where rescue work is in progress," the military said in a statement.

"Two points are being dug with equipment while three points are being dug manually.
"

At least 40 feet of snow have been removed so far with the help of heavy machinery to search for the victims.

Photographs released by the military Tuesday showed diggers and rescuers at work on an almost featureless expanse of dirty grey snow and ice, with no trace visible of the camp that had been the 6th Northern Light Infantry headquarters.

The total number believed missing in the disaster rose to 138 on Tuesday, as the military released an updated list naming 127 soldiers and 11 civilians.

They include a lieutenant colonel, a major and a captain. The list can be found on the ISPR website.

Meanwhile rescue teams from the US, Switzerland and Germany are yet to reach the rescue site due to the bad weather. (AFP/Geo News)

Dude the way you think is the clear cut example of how religion has been politicized. My friend i am not teachning u Islam, nor can i but always remember religion has to do only with the soul and the spirit not politics & freedom struggle (Holy war)

If Allah was next to u do u really think he would be happy if u tell him that u will kill a thousand people (other cast ppl) and save the land (Kashmir) for Islam and Muslim brothers ?

I don't think so god is universal and no god will justify killing innocent lives.

All said and done i know this topic will not end so coming to the point all i wanted to say was "don't get religion in the middle" it will corrupt the values & beliefs and gods have to take a rebirth to correct us back to where they left us.

U may deny my post but somewhere inside everybody knows the truth don't we ?

and my condolences to the brave soldiers. May they RIP.

Yes, everybody knows the truth from inside as you've already admitted. As for the facts, I've already mentioned nothing but facts. And the fact is also that it is locals who are guarding their land in the free Kashmir and Baltistan region. In occupied area, it is the "imported" troops who have practically taken the locals as hostages.

We all know how the soldiers in the occupied Kashmir comprise of Hindus and Sikhs from distant lands whereas NLI and AK Regiment are overwhelmingly local. Speaks volumes about who is the righteous one.
Can you stop bringing bl00dy politics into this tragedy just for once? Jeez! Some guys really suck! :tdown:

How has he 'failed' you? Was he expected to know when the avalanche would strike so that counter measures could be taken? What do you expect him to do? Take a shovel and start digging? Get real and please stop the blame game.

So what do you suggest? Don't just criticize. Give solutions. If you don't have any, then stop wasting server space out here by giving worthless comments.

I already explained the solution post#817. In fact, Kiyani is the supervisor of this rescue process, we have to understand his behaviours and process. He think heavy equipments, Hitachi machines, and other shoveling are effective solution from 84 feets to the bottom in order to get trapped soldiers at the same time asking for US, Germany, and Swiss help. We are passing now to reach 80 hours, alot of pictures posting here are really helpful for us to see what's going on and analyst it.

It is same way he tend to respond slow just like past incidents when aggressor attacked Pakistan soldiers and now Avalanche attack. How come Kiyani doesn't know? Recently Chile has successful to rescue miners and some of them survived. Please Indian, you should participate DefExpo2012 other thread, this trapped soldiers is none of your concern and your country, be happy for it.

topic for some other time in some other thread ... but not this one

Okay, we have right to express anger due to the unsuccessful rescue mission and lack of professionals. I can't imagine how trapped soldiers in their body below felt ice cold and temperature is too high, we work slow. Of course, US hasn't deployed rescue team yet- Siachen tragedy: US rescue team not deployed yet , where is all weather ally pretend China emergency?

Pakistani Scientists urgently should investigate the avalanche movements and analysis it before they attack Pakistan soldiers, did they?

I already explained the solution post#817. In fact, Kiyani is the supervisor of this rescue process, we have to understand his behaviours and process. He think heavy equipments, Hitachi machines, and other shoveling are effective solution from 84 feets to the bottom in order to get trapped soldiers at the same time asking for US, Germany, and Swiss help. We are passing now to reach 80 hours, alot of pictures posting here are really helpful for us to see what's going on and analyst it.

It is same way he tend to respond slow just like past incidents when aggressor attacked Pakistan soldiers and now Avalanche attack. How come Kiyani doesn't know? Recently Chile has successful to rescue miners and some of them survived. Please Indian, you should participate DefExpo2012 other thread, this trapped soldiers is none of your concern and your country, be happy for it.

Okay, we have right to express anger due to the unsuccessful rescue mission and lack of professionals. I can't imagine how trapped soldiers in their body below felt ice cold and temperature is too high, we work slow. Of course, US hasn't deployed rescue team yet- Siachen tragedy: US rescue team not deployed yet , where is all weather ally pretend China emergency?

Pakistani Scientists urgently should investigate the avalanche movements and analysis it before they attack Pakistan soldiers, did they?

Bhai Saheb
Please settle down. I know you are angry at the loss of lives here. But understand the subtleties of working in a sub zero environment and a mine. We are talking about 84 ft of snow before we can locate the men. Try being out there in day and night in that rarified atmosphere. It is not easy especially for men that have been brought to the area and are not locals of the area. PA is utilizing all the resources it can muster up under very trying circumstances under the watchful eye of an ever critical press. They are doing the best that they can. An analysis of the event and its responsibility if any can be assigned later. Please take the time to appreciate the work of the rescuers as well.
the reason new rescuers have not been deployed is due to inclement weather . The last thing you want is for someone else dying there, or in the process odf getting there.
Regards
Araz

Kiyani is not the supervisor of the recovery operation. He took a tour to see the work being done.
And initially, for 2 days, the operation was search and rescue where heavy machinery would not have been effective and the thin air with soft snow on mountains after the avalanche, would have triggered another snow slide with the thrust of heavy helicopters. Now that the chances of survival are near zero, and the snow has hardened into thick layers, manual work will not be effective and heavy machinery is required.

this was not a normal avalanche.....probably good for guiness book of world records...
i have posted an analysis of the amount of ice that came down on them.....and clearing it is no easy task.for even the most advanced and resourceful.countries in the world....

To our friend who is so adamant on criticizing Kiyani for one reason or another, no I didnt read ur reasons and nor do I have time for it. I went through the first few lines of ur posts. But please stop blaming the guy for everything. Atleast he went there, that shows that the dude cared. Not like some b@stards to whom committing shirk at dead mens graves was more important then the 130+ jawans. I would like any of you to show me one example where a western or any other country has so many of their soldiers had perished under such calamity, and they went on.................... Well that is too much to ask from a civilian pathetic gov that couldnt even put the flags at half mast.

............... or any other country has so many of their soldiers had perished under such calamity, and they went on.................... Well that is too much to ask from a civilian pathetic gov that couldnt even put the flags at half mast.

To be fair, I think the process of true grieving will start only with the recovery of the bodies. That will still take some time given the enormity and nature of the task to recover them.

To be fair, I think the process of true grieving will start only with the recovery of the bodies. That will still take some time given the enormity and nature of the task to recover them.[/QUOT]

Ur opinion sir but with all due respect I dont agree to it. It is a disaster with in its self, well I dont blame the monkeys sitting in Islamambad. What can u expect from retards who honor the likes of reema and company, with national awards.

Ur opinion sir but with all due respect I dont agree to it. It is a disaster with in its self, well I dont blame the monkeys sitting in Islamambad. What can u expect from retards who honor the likes of reema and company, with national awards.

There are plenty of monkeys in Islamabad (and Pindi) I would agree, but I was speaking more from a psychological point of view.

A mere glimpse of rows upon rows of flag-draped coffins is a powerful motivator of emotions. I hope the nation will bear this tragedy with the dignity that it deserves without infighting or other political scoring.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom