What's new

Azerbaijan Defence Programs & Military Development

@ASQ-1918
Öyle bir burnunuz havalarda geziyorsunuzki neredeyse Azerbaycan Türkiye'ye yardım etsin diyeceğim.
JF-17+Thunder+No+16+26+Squadron+'Black+Spiders'+FC-1+Xiaolong++Pakistan+Air+Force+at+the+China+Zhuhai+Air+Show+2012+13141516raad+h2+h4+ls6+ft2+supersonic+No.+16+Black+Panthers++(1).jpg

JF 17 is the best option for Azerbaijan to build a potent air force.
Even Turkey acquired it's ballistic missile technology through Pakistan.
This arrogant attitude isn't going to help.
Even Indonesia, Malaysia, Philipines and other east Asian countries.

Is it our own development?
Yes,
Ne alakası var? Dediğimi doğru düzgün anladınız mı?
JF-17 is the best option while being inferior to current Mig-29s (excluding air-to-ground capability)? Would Al-Khalid have been the "best option" as well? With your logic, probably. But Azerbaijan ended up buying T-90s
The "best option" for new aircrafts, as you say, is ultimately Russia, which is already Azerbaijan's biggest partner. Azerbaijan has zero partnership with Pakistan on these matters, and even economically.
But I was also making a general point, about all sectors of defence industry.
Stockholm syndrome is strong with this one -_- Türkiye'de "başkasının sikiyle gerdeğe girilmez" derler.

You can get ToT from Pakistan, you could get source codes, we could improvise whatever electronic hardware/software you need at ASELSAN , we could provide you with mission computers, advanced radars, we don't have much but Turkey gives Azerbaijan whatever it has.

Will Russia include you in PAK-FA program? Will Russia give you ToT or slightest offset with anything? they won't.
Mig 29 is junk.. there I've said it.

mind you that the name of Turkey also was in the list of countries supposedly "interested" in this thing. It is boring that some people still hasen't grasped this hoax stories.
Turkey shows interest in JF-17 Thunder
Abdullah Gül said he was interested in JF17 on a trip. This statemend didn't come from military officials of Turkey. It came from the president. But since we have plans to develop TF-X, we have different needs.

It's not the case with Azerbaijan, get it through your thick skull. It's the best option you have.

@DESERT FIGHTER
Pakistan have F16s aswell, Turkey has access to F16s source codes. We could install whatever upgrades you need on your F16 fleet. Wouldn't you agree selling Azerbaijan JF17s with source codes in exchange for that?

ASELSAN is investing a sh.tload of resources on radar technologies, we'll be able to produce AESA radars in the next 10 years. We have SOM and HGK ground attack munitions that could be useful for PAF aswell.

Last edited:
Yes,

Stockholm syndrome is strong with this one -_- Türkiye'de "başkasının sikiyle gerdeğe girilmez" derler.

You can get ToT from Pakistan, you could get source codes, we could improvise whatever electronic hardware/software you need at ASELSAN , we could provide you with mission computers, advanced radars, we don't have much but Turkey gives Azerbaijan whatever it has.

Will Russia include you in PAK-FA program? Will Russia give you ToT or slightest offset with anything? they won't.

Abdullah Gül said he was interested in JF17 on a trip. This statemend didn't come from military officials of Turkey. It came from the president. But since we have plans to develop TF-X, we have different needs.

It's not the case with Azerbaijan, get it through your thick skull. It's the best option you have.

@DESERT FIGHTER
Pakistan have F16s aswell, Turkey has access to F16s source codes. We could install whatever upgrades you need on your F16 fleet. Wouldn't you agree selling Azerbaijan JF17s with source codes in exchange for that?

ASELSAN is investing a sh.tload of resources on radar technologies, we'll be able to produce AESA radars in the next 10 years. We have SOM and HGK ground attack munitions that could be useful for PAF aswell.

Anything for Turkiye.. even if your country asks for blood .. i doubt Pak would step back.

Anything for Turkiye.. even if your country asks for blood .. i doubt Pak would step back.
love you bro

Our military relationships will be constantly on the rise.
After TF-X we'll have a whole umbrella of air-to-air / air-to-ground weapons

See how SOM and HGK turned out, we aren't exactly messing around here.
SOM (missile) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
HGK (bomb) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

All of this can be integrated on Pakistan's F16s and JF17s.
Hopefully also on Azerbaijan's JF17s :)

Yes,

@DESERT FIGHTER

Yes the source codes can be provided and partial ToT can also be considered in Azerbaijan's case as I don't think that their small Industry can handle anymore at the moment.

Our Air Weapons Complex is quite ahead of it's Turkish counterparts but I'm sure that there are many sectors in which we can cooperate.

An AESA radar is already underdevelopment according to PAC officials but it was my wish that an AESA and IRST should be developed with Turkey as it would also help them in their TFX program.

A JF-17 Thunder equipped with both A-A and A-G weapons including 2 LS-6 Precision Guided Glide Bomb, 4 SD-10 MRAAM, 2 PL-5E SRAAM and a single 800 L centerline fuel tank.

jf-17_thunder_ls-6_glide_guided_bomb_load.jpg

Pakistan sold us the technology for our SOM if im not wrong, they are years ahead of us in missile technology dont underestimate them.
What tech did TUBITAK lack?

@ASQ-1918 Why the main focus on buying aircrafts is on Russia? I can understand buying S-300, T-90, TOS, and Tor since they have a really good quality. But as far as aircrafts are concerned, why they don't go for Western aircrafts? It will need some training for pilots and some political negotiations in this regards, but, finally, what can beat Russian technology of Armenia are western fighters and not some unreliable Russian fighters. I think they should change their strategy and go for grippen, or Typhoon or even American fighters.

@ASQ-1918 Why the main focus on buying aircrafts is on Russia? I can understand buying S-300, T-90, TOS, and Tor since they have a really good quality. But as far as aircrafts are concerned, why they don't go for Western aircrafts? It will need some training for pilots and some political negotiations in this regards, but, finally, what can beat Russian technology of Armenia are western fighters and not some unreliable Russian fighters. I think they should change their strategy and go for grippen, or Typhoon or even American fighters.

Azeri pilots are the only pilots in South Caucasus capable of flying American planes
they get their training in US and Turkey

Al Khalid MBT ... The basic variant beats your T-90s.... bought by Morroco,Myanmar,BD,Peru? .. the export version/downgraded per unit cost is 3.9 million $ ..

nope it doesn't
both tanks are similar , T-90 having better armor and better protection against ATGM with shtora
it all comes down to how well crew is trained

Yes the source codes can be provided and partial ToT can also be considered in Azerbaijan's case as I don't think that their small Industry can handle anymore at the moment.
Agreed there, ToT is optional here but source codes are critical. Because Azerbaijan is going through a transitional period, they'll have both Russian and NATO weapons in the coming years, they'll need to integrate these weapons to JF17 and other modules that'll become available.
Our Air Weapons Complex is quite ahead of it's Turkish counterparts but I'm sure that there are many sectors in which we can cooperate.

An AESA radar is already underdevelopment according to PAC officials but it was my wish that an AESA and IRST should be developed with Turkey as it would also help them in their TFX program.
We can cooperate on an anti-radiation missile, all can benefit.

armenian lobby starts crying
Does not matter, they have not that much power as what you think. US administration works by lobbies, and there are numerous of them in Washington D.C, they are even some agencies which their own only business is to organize lobbies and make them satisfied to pass laws in your favor. Azerbaijan government needs to pay to a few of these agencies and they would get the job done. After all, Azerbaijan has a much more importance for US than Armenia. Armenia is only a Russian satellite, while Azerbaijan can be an ally for US, to influence on Russia, Iran and it is the opening gate to Central Asia and its gas and oil resources for EU as well. Azerbaijan government should not have fear to deal with western countries.

Yes,

@DESERT FIGHTER

ASELSAN is investing a sh.tload of resources on radar technologies, we'll be able to produce AESA radars in the next 10 years. We have SOM and HGK ground attack munitions that could be useful for PAF aswell. After TF-X we'll have a whole umbrella of air-to-air / air-to-ground weapons

See how SOM turned out, we don't fvck around here.
SOM (missile) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

We are also working on an AESA.. infact the KLJ(V) not KLJ7 is a jointly developed radar with enhanced range and capabilities... apart from that PAC has also produced a new POD with a european firm...

As for ALCMs and stand off weapons.. we have H-2,H-4 missiles... and Raad ALCM .. A few Pak weapons on JF-17:
H.jpg
K.jpg

Hafr already in use with Azerbaijan:

P.jpg

H-2 Range 80 KM:

hh.jpg

Takbir LGB with 80+ Km range:

1234981_323264834486001_1306396124_n.jpg

Another Pak Stand off weapon:

l.jpg

Hijara Cluster bomb (guided optional):

2lsjj9j.jpg

Another:

IDS-2.jpg

And many more... even a new Pod for JF has been developed by PAC in a joint venture with an unnamed European firm...

Last edited:
nope it doesn't
both tanks are similar , T-90 having better armor and better protection against ATGM with shtora
it all comes down to how well crew is trained

india bought T-90S to counter our UDs... while we were developing our AK ... A lil info on AKs armour (yes it uses Boron in its ceramic/composite armour) :

Apart from that (info on basic AK variant) :

Armor protection is modular, allowing for quick battle damage repairs and improvement as more advanced armor becomes available or heavier armor is desired. Frontal armor is composite and of Pakistani design, with side armor being spaced; it is of a more modern design than that on the Al-Zarrar and lighter in weight. The turret front, turret sides, glacis, and hull sides have lugs for ERA. Attention was paid to land mine damage in the form of thickened floor armor. The ammunition is carried in armored bins, and virtually the entire vehicle has thick Kevlar anti-spalling blankets. The engine also has a thick bulkhead separating it from the crew compartment. An automatic explosion and fire suppression system is provided, and the crew has an NBC overpressure system; the engine compartment and ammunition bins have their own systems of the same sort. The Al-Khalid has a laser detection system that can automatically trigger smoke grenades to block the laser, and a radar warning system that can give the crew a chance to take evasive action.

Pakistani Tanks

A little info on its armour:

Perhaps the greatest advance in the tank’s design is it’s armour. While maintaining the modular and thus easily modifiable armour of the Al-Khalid, it has added another “layer.” The Al-Khalids armour is made up of as much as 6 layers of armour, a base layer of steel, a layer of ultra-hard composites (to defeat long rod penetrators), another more minimal layer of steel (all of these layers being spaced to prevent penetration by a HEAT warhead), a layer of Kevlar to defeat minor threats to the tank (like small arms and smaller armour-piercing threats), and then a layer of nERA (non-explosive reactive armour, in this case, rubber), and then finally a layer of (selectively applied) bricks of either composites (often employed in peacetime to save costs and maintenance) or ERA (explosive reactive armour) to defeat HEAT-type threats. The tank is also equipped with more effective damage control (like explosive suppression) systems.
.........................................................................................................................

And we use Knife on our UDs... For AK we developed Aorak ERA developed with help from Ukraine.. knife itself is better than K-5 era used by russians..

As for Shtora .. We use Varta I (upgraded Varta) upgraded by GIDS... While our own APS is under development which will be used on AK-II...

K.jpg

The european Image intensifier on AK (basic AK) :

FrKK9.jpg

Thermal sight view:

download (2).jpg

Sights are from Sagem and Catherine... its transmission is the same one used in Lecrec.. also has Hunter Killer (only used on AK and Lecrec)..

Back
Top Bottom