What's new

Babur and Phalcon ?

Noob Question-Is it feasible to use Satellites to detect CM's??

To date cm's cannot be detected by satellites if launch is unknown

---------- Post added at 05:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

Well i don't have anything more to say.lol.

Ummm at the height of 10m. I am not so sure about that.

Guyz its a simple scenario. Pakistan launches a salvo of babur's at india forward AFB's as a preemptive strike.Due to heightened tensions indians are on a state of alert and a Phalcon is flying near the border.

It detects the CMs and forwards the message to indian high command on a priority basis. Now here comes the grey area. Either Indians are able to utilize the few mins before impact and are able to activate their SAMs.

Or the message gets looped in Indian military bureaucracy thereby wasting timing and babur imapacts thereby laying waste to a huge number of indian aircrafts.

We will consider the first case in which indians are able to activate the SAMs. My question is very simple how much stealth babur has ? If it is detected what are the chances of its success ? When America needed a stealth CM,there situation was same Soviet AWACs, why can't our establishment look towards this thing ?
India will launch Brahmos as soon as we get the info to destroy the launch centres as no communication babur fails to hit target:lol:

---------- Post added at 05:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

but still no worries cuz babur will reach its targets...Insha-Allah....:)
if target is a terror camp

Does India have any Aerial & Land RADAR, Defence System etc that can detect Stealth Cruise Missiles like Babur or RAAD.

Please reply with SOURCE

Babur is terrain hugging missile,so its detection range is considerably reduced.

275px-BaburCruise.jpg

As it doesn't have any structural stealthy features to reduce its RCS. So it can be detected by any radar, the only question is at what range? And what quick action countermeasures we have in that region to shoot it down?

To date cm's cannot be detected by satellites if launch is unknown
That I know!
I asked the "feasibility" of using satellites to detect CM's(air launched or otherwise).
Indian Army's sat will go to the sky sometime in 2014/15 so can those along with the low-profile satellites be used effectively to detect A/C's,CM's etc.??

---------- Post added at 06:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 PM ----------

Who has seen the future? Ajj ke baat karo!

Anything beyond 290 km which falls into CM category?
Not talking about the future but Bhramos' range can be increased in case it is needed.

Does India have any Aerial & Land RADAR, Defence System etc that can detect Stealth Cruise Missiles like Babur or RAAD.

Please reply with SOURCE

Can u provide some really credible links to prove that Babur or RAAD are really Stealth Cruise Missiles and how???

Increase!! Hypersonic Bhramos (currently in operation) having longer range sounds dopy.
You do not make any sense!!
WTF is a "Hypersonic Bhramos"
The missile is supersonic not hypersonic!
BTW,you are free to stick to your opinions:)

Not just that but the on-board electronics may be altered to gain range(By how much............I do not know)

Electronics has nothing to do with range, (not sure though, range can be electronically capped. lets not talk about something we don't know about.) Range and payload are inversely proportional to each other.

If the payload is reduced, then the range will be increased considerably.

Thats right but then you'll be wasting an expensive asset for just few kilometres additional gain, we all know it can't carry anything unconventional..

You do not make any sense!!
WTF is a "Hypersonic Bhramos"
The missile is supersonic not hypersonic!
BTW,you are free to stick to your opinions:)

Opss, sorry... It looks you didn't like some extra respect for missile.. I rectify my mistake, its supersonic.. Now tell me about possible increase in range?

Thats right but then you'll be wasting an expensive asset for just few kilometres additional gain, we all know it can't carry anything unconventional..
We can afford to use all of them if the need comes!
We have several squadrons of the Missiles.
@the emboldened part-Yeah sure,whatever floats your rock.

Back
Top Bottom