What's new

Babur and Phalcon ?

S-300 will be ineffective against a low flying cruise missile. Slow flying cruise missiles are more vulnerable to area air defense systems.

Did you also want to say point defense systems ? High end Manpads and CIWS ?

So the conclusion that i have derived from this thread.

Babur would be difficult to detect but if it is detected it is relatively easy to shoot down.

But still i haven't gotten the answer of one of my questions. What are the difficulties in making a stealth CM like america ? Why isn't our establishment looking towards making a stealth CM ?

So the conclusion that i have derived from this thread.

Babur would be difficult to detect but if it is detected it is relatively easy to shoot down.

But still i haven't gotten the answer of one of my questions. What are the difficulties in making a stealth CM like america ? Why isn't our establishment looking towards making a stealth CM ?

Thats one of the most sensible post i got on this forum yes your first point is quite true what else do you think is that indian defence planners are going crazy to have their hands on best air defence radars(green pine,arostat,phalcon.ect)+latest AA missile systems(Spyder,S300,Barrak series ,akash,maeitree& possibly-arrow,cortale,s400) and the second part though im not a techie but stealth cruise missiles need a huge R&D base in METAMETLES ,FEULES,GPS &many other spooky stuff + a very large ammount of money , thanks .

I think Indian has specific plan for cruise missile detection and interception.

As far as detection is concerned, following radars could be used foe long range detection..............remember most of the parts between India and Pakistan is desert and Plain apart from Kashmir like the plains of Punjab and Sindh. Here , the detection at long ranges is relatively easy with.........

1. Israeli Aerostats...............EL/M 2083 radar with range 500km......Elta Systems EL/M-2083 Aerostat Programmable Radar (APR) is derived from the company's L-band (1 to 2 GHz) EL/L-2080 'Green Pine' ground-based, phased-array, search, acquisition and fire-control radar and is described as being a 3-D sensor that can acquire and track targets at both "high" and "low" altitudes, with the latter height band including targets such as cruise missiles, unmanned aerial vehicles and microlights being used by special forces or terrorists.

2. Arudhra MPR...........The Arudra radar has a range of 300 kilometers, twice the range of the 3D Rohini radar (150 km). With advanced "electronic counter-counter measures", the new radar being inducted will be integrated into the IACCS (integrated air command and control system). The IACCS is a fully-automated network being established to integrate the wide array of military radars with each other as well as with civilian radars.

At short range the detection and interception could be by.......

1. Rajendra Radar with The Akash SAM.........................in fact Akash has been tested several times for crusie missile interception with Lakshya PTA mimicking a terrain hugging cruise missile. Interception range 25 to 30 kms . Detection range 60 to 100 kms.

2. Spyder SAM with Elta EL/M-2106 ATAR 3D surveillance radar which can detect a moving object in a clutter ............operation range 15-20 kms..............these are specifically purchased by IAF to safeguard high value targets against cruise missiles and fighter Planes.

3. Systems like Tunguska could be useful at short ranges.

Future systems which are in development include............

1. AAD
2. Barack NG/Barack 8
3. Akash 2
4. Maitre with France.

the entire India Pakistan region in our side is being covered by a network of Aerostats, Long range radars, Medium range and short range radars with SAM cover for vital installations.

Depends on the terrain too i guess.

Eactly so if CM is fired to someplace in Punjab,Rajishtan or gujrat it should be easier to detect due to flat terrain. On the other hand if fired into Kashmir then it should be difficult for awacs to detect due to shallow angles.

But the thing is the coordination and inter services relation in Indian army cause of the proximity and mere minutes it takes to cross the border.

Eactly so if CM is fired to someplace in Punjab,Rajishtan or gujrat it should be easier to detect due to flat terrain. On the other hand if fired into Kashmir then it should be difficult for awacs to detect due to shallow angles.

But the thing is the coordination and inter services relation in Indian army cause of the proximity and mere minutes it takes to cross the border.

If the target is within 100km from the launch site, then there is high probability of hitting it. Beyond that its tough.

And it also depends on the value of the target. High valued target will have state of the art defense systems, which will be hard to penetrate for a sub-sonic missile.

If the target is within 100km from the launch site, then there is high probability of hitting it. Beyond that its tough.

And it also depends on the value of the target. High valued target will have state of the art defense systems, which will be hard to penetrate for a sub-sonic missile.

Yup, as i said before due to the fact that Pakistan almost always starts the fight, the protection of high value targets depends very very very closely on the coordination and operational readiness of Indian Army.

Yup, as i said before due to the fact that Pakistan almost always starts the fight, the protection of high value targets depends very very very closely on the coordination and operational readiness of Indian Army.

Ha Ha

This might not go well with the other fellow Pakistani members here. :lol:

Babur can be detect and shooting down is the question...

Its a Terrain Huging missile but is slow like tomahawk (which was shot down by Talib).

Depends lots of War Scanerio when and where it would be fired what kind of vital installation it is and what kind defence it has.

If its detected by fire detection radar and Phalcon and its a vital installation then it will be shot down no doubt

Babur can be detect and shooting down is the question...

Its a Terrain Huging missile but is slow like tomahawk (which was shot down by Talib).

Depends lots of War Scanerio when and where it would be fired what kind of vital installation it is and what kind defence it has.

If its detected by fire detection radar and Phalcon and its a vital installation then it will be shot down no doubt

Taliban show down a tomahawk. Haven't heard this before some source.

Does India have any Aerial & Land RADAR, Defence System etc that can detect Stealth Cruise Missiles like Babur or RAAD.

Please reply with SOURCE

Back
Top Bottom