What's new

Bahrain Airshow 2016 : Light Combat Aircraft Tejas in action

Apparently the PAF paid a $500,000 USD non-refundable deposit to reserve the 2 parking slots though. I'm not saying the Thunder didn't come becausr the LCA was there but it certainly seems like the decsion not to go was last minuet until a few days ago the Thunder was listed on the BIAS website as attending.

any source claiming that PAF paid them the amount?because as far as i remember some years back JFT was listed even in paris airshow but it didn't participated.I remember i posted the news of JFT participating in Paris airshow when i got it from pakdef perhaps in 2010 or 11.

So just because JFT was mentioned in the list earlier,doesn't mean that PAF put it in the list

With the CPEC in full flow...Pakistan is now oozing with cash...Making it rain!
a) off topic
b) woefully inaccurate- CPEC isn't even up and running yet (far from it) and most of the financing is coming in the form of high interest debt, it isn't "cash in hand" and it is certainly not 46 billion dollar's worth of "free money".

any source claiming that PAF paid them the amount?
It was posted in a blog yesterday, I'll try and find the source.

a) off topic
b) woefully inaccurate- CPEC isn't even up and running yet (far from it) and most of the financing is coming in the form of high interest debt, it isn't "cash in hand" and it is certainly not 46 billion dollar's worth of "free money"..

God brother...You're in a serious mood today...
It was meant in jest..and thought it was pretty obviously mocking the 500K down the drain while hitting the obsession of Pakistanis with the CPEC
I suppose I need to dress up my responses in smileys and such for the intended effect moving forward.

I have waited for Tejas to fly like this since my school days.

Impressive performance

and for those fools saying that JF-17 doesn't participated because of Tejas,they should know that JF-17 will Participate in 2 other airshows this year and PAF has always preferred Dubai airshow over Bahrain for middle east.

The performance is awesome but JF-17 performance was equally good if not better.

Got a link for decent quality video of performance?

It was posted in a blog yesterday, I'll try and find the source.

Highly unlikely. PAF uses resources very carefully. It's their psyche for obvious reasons.

That having been said; even if it is long overdue, it is some achievement. Considering that the design has been home-grown, considering that it is not a product of a JV...... rather that it came to fruition, in spite of some collaborative and consultative efforts that were abruptly shut-off...... most notably in the area of developing the FLCS in Fly-by-Wire. This was an area that India had ZERO experience and knowledge in, having had exposure only in manufacture (Vampire, Gnat, HF-24, HJT-16) and a little design (HF-24, HJT-16) which were all mechanically/EM controlled aircraft. Then came the learning curve in Material Design, mainly in Composites. That is creditable as it is.

But it has been a while coming, and there is a constant reminder of the areas that need to be worked on..... mostly in Engine Design and Manufacture, that has still to be cracked open fully, the first part has seen some achievement, the latter needs quite a bit of work yet. But it was this project that forced the initial work in this area.

Hi,

Please don't give us the sob story of the " learning curve "----. This was a failed program right from the beginning and has not changed since then. It was to mint money and keep jobs secure for the scientists and engineers and they succeeded.

How many batches of employees retired on this project!!!!!

So---at 30 years plus---the scientist saw the mood of the nation and said---we cannot stretch it anymore---.

BFD---so an elephant would fly after 30 years---if it had gone thru all those modifications.

Look at reaction of Pak members !..... Silence.....

Hi,

We are silent at your stupidity---a 30 years old project now flying at a foreign airshow for the very first time yesterday---you guys ought to die in shame---at the level of your incompetence.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

Please don't give us the sob story of the " learning curve "----. This was a fckd up program right from the begining and has not changed since then. It was to mint money and keep jobs secure for the scientists and enginers and they succeeded.

How many batches of employees retired on this project!!!!!

So---at 30 years plus---the scientist saw the mood of the nation and said---we cannot stretch it anymore---.

BFD---so an elephant would fly after 30 years---if it had gone thru all those modifications.

30 years plus there was no defense aerospace R&D wing within India to produce a fighter, forget Tejas. Thanks for your astute knowledge on the subject.

Last edited:
It really flies!!!! o_Oo_Oo_O

No, it doesn't.

"Flying" in object means nothing much. Even gliders fly.

Tejas aren't ready to be deployed yet. They don't "fly" in military sense. They aren't integrated and tested with all the weapons that Indian Air Force wants. They have been in process of "development" for more than 2 decades now!!, yet they failed to achieve the deployment status.

Tejas, as a program, is a failure. However, I'm sure, Indians learnt quite alot through it. Every failure teaches you something, right?

Chinese-Pak JF-17 has been a truly successfully program coming out of that region though. JF-17s are already deployed and have conducted serious operations against insurgents in North-Western Pakistan. If I'm not wrong, JF-17s have now entered their "second" phase as well--that is, an upgradation from block 1 (originally deployed) to a more advance block II with block III in the pipelines.

Pakistan Air Force is flying multiple squadrons of JF-17s in operational roles. Tejas aren't flown by IAF and most likely will never be flown in great numbers.

Btw, can somebody give us the full video of Tejas performance with good camera work?

Pakistan needs JF-17 to bomb Pakistan.
India does not need to bomb India.

That is worth considering, when speaking about failures.

Also, exactly which war was compromised due to lack of Tejas?

Success is determined by universal indicators and not some stupid one-liners from bitter online fanboys.

JF-17 is deployed in operational squadrons with a professional airforce (Tick)

Tejas? (X)

Anyways, I am not here to quench your thirst for non-existent indian pride. You want to be proud of Tejas. Fine, go ahead.

I did not respond to you in the first place. I responded to a professional who understands military affairs better than an amateur who comes up with logic like "india doesn't need to bomb india" to describe why Tejas have been operationalized even after 2 decades of development.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom