What's new

Bangladesh among top rice-eaters

Not a big deal in South India. Andhra Pradesh is called the rice bowl of India as Punjab is called the bread basket. But lately people who are trying to 'watch their figure' especially women are limiting rice consumption to 1 time per day.

---------- Post added at 08:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 AM ----------

Eating rice for lunch and dinner is okay, but how can you eat rice early morning...beats me.

My grandfather ate 3 rice meals a day,one at 6.00 am,one at 11.am and one at 5.30 pm.

---------- Post added at 04:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 PM ----------

and i like to eat rice if the weather is very hot and if it is cold no rice and only rotis of wheat,maize,corn or bajra.

People in my area eat rice 1 time in a day during Lunch. We mostly prefer wheat based dishes-like roti, poori or Paratha for breakfast and dinner.

But I like eating Poha(flattened rice) for breakfast.

I don;t understand what is the big hassle of having rice three times a day..

Like Bangladeshis, Bengalis in india too love rice..
And that too in different forms

Like Panta Bhaat, or muri (puffed rice)
As Zabaniya said South Asia is extremely diverse in terms of cultures..

In some North-Eastern states I have heard that dogs are eaten ..
Again , the food habit of tribes in Arunachalis might amaze a lot of people

The greatness of this place is the diversity of cultures, the appreciation and tolerance of those cultures and respect for each other

I rarely eat chapati because our state's daily meal is rice but whats the big deal and is this deserve a thread?

---------- Post added at 04:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 PM ----------

Okay, I didn't know some people in NE India ate dogs :confused:

Is that because you are one of 20 million bangladeshi refugees in NE india?

Back
Top Bottom