What's new

Bangladesh Army raises new infantry division

actually, for BD, this is what reserve is.... these forces are not part of any regular army division/brigade... but in time of crisis, they will form part of that.... which means, their current format will not hold during times of crisis.... for Western countries, reserves mean people who are trained militarily, but do not need to serve in the military on a continuous basis.... but they are assigned to specific units and hold ranks.... they are regularly called upon to make sure that they retain their training.... in times of crisis, they are called to duty and the government bears the cost of these people's civilian services..... this is a costly system.... you need to maintain an infrastructure for these troops..... a lotta F-16 units flying in Iraq and Afghanistan were reserve units..... so were a lotta ground troops....

All the number you mentioned are serving not reserve. Reserve personnel are for invoking during war crisis. And BGB and regular Ansar members will not remain paramilitary then, they'll directly come under armed forces command thus adding to them. This is what military guys told me.

actually, for BD, this is what reserve is.... these forces are not part of any regular army division/brigade... but in time of crisis, they will form part of that.... which means, their current format will not hold during times of crisis.... for Western countries, reserves mean people who are trained militarily, but do not need to serve in the military on a continuous basis.... but they are assigned to specific units and hold ranks.... they are regularly called upon to make sure that they retain their training.... in times of crisis, they are called to duty and the government bears the cost of these people's civilian services..... this is a costly system.... you need to maintain an infrastructure for these troops..... a lotta F-16 units flying in Iraq and Afghanistan were reserve units..... so were a lotta ground troops....

Bangladesh also has good planning under Forces Goal...probably total BNCC number will be raised to 2.5 million within 2025.

yes, that could be part of a bigger goal.... a large force of disciplined volunteers will fill the gaps left by reserves joining regular forces.... and a lotta of them would also be able to join a volunteer military without a lotta training.... in fact, they can even train some civilians in basic disciplinary stuff...

Bangladesh also has good planning under Forces Goal...probably total BNCC number will be raised to 2.5 million within 2025.

1) We have seen and our military analysts have examined the performance of your commandos during Bombay carnage.

2) Are we faint heart when our unarmed Muktis fought against the regular and well-armed PA?
mate take my words that in a Bombay like situation your SWADS would also perform the same if not worse!i believe even the legendary SAS would have had a similar performance if they would have been deployed at that moment.10 extremely well armed and trained suicide tangos had taken more than 2000 hostages in different parts of Bombay out of the blue.the world hadn't seen such a complex situation until that incident where the tangos have captured more than 2000 unarmed civilian hostages in 2 of the biggest hotels of Bombay simultaneously.so there is no need to bring up the Bombay carnage unnecessarily in this thread,plus we all know about the training and the level of professionalism among the bangaldeshi special forces.so my advice would be to stop comparing the Indian Special Forces with them as there exists a hell and heaven difference between these two forces in terms of training,experience and equipment.:coffee:

agreed.... lets keep discussions rational....

mate take my words that in a Bombay like situation your SWADS would also perform the same if not worse!i believe even the legendary SAS would have had a similar performance if they would have been deployed at that moment.10 extremely well armed and trained suicide tangos had taken more than 2000 hostages in different parts of Bombay out of the blue.the world hadn't seen such a complex situation until that incident where the tangos have captured more than 2000 unarmed civilian hostages in 2 of the biggest hotels of Bombay simultaneously.so there is no need to bring up the Bombay carnage unnecessarily in this thread,plus we all know about the training and the level of professionalism among the bangaldeshi special forces.so my advice would be to stop comparing the Indian Special Forces with them as there exists a hell and heaven difference between these two forces in terms of training,experience and equipment.:coffee:

All the number you mentioned are serving not reserve. Reserve personnel are for invoking during war crisis. And BGB and regular Ansar members will not remain paramilitary then, they'll directly come under armed forces command thus adding to them. This is what military guys told me.

Bold part: I think, you are very right. This is the reason that military officers hired from BA are in control, training and command of BGB, Ansar and VDP. These are headed by military generals so that in an emergency BA can call all these troops directly under its command.

In case of emergency, BA can depute one army general to command the Police force.

1) However, when the enemy infantry troops descend to our NE they will not find a vast plane land lying ahead of them. They will encounter huge Haor areas, where only a riverine infantry may move even when it is not wet season. Enemy infantry movements will be limited to narrow strips of dry lands around the Haors. So, enemy troops may not find it advantageous in the Sylhet/Mymensingh zone although the land is lower than the surrounding enemy mountains.

2) Yes, the best way is to enter enemy territory as it is the best defense.

3) BD infantry is not supposed to train in the high mountains like the Himalaya. There are small mountains in BD not very high with the highest point being 3,000 ft near the Burmese border. These can be used for a limited training.

Most difficult part of a mountain training is to understand the terrain and know ones' own position in the mountains. I do not think, training with GPS apparatus is a better substitute than the understanding of the location with the sixth sense.

These haor areas or other marshlands seem impenetrable for any forces be it friendly or enemy troops. Is the 'riverine infantry' you talk of is altogether a different/new concept or just a special role for traditional infantry?

Burmese have no action against us, we have only one enemy and that's india. And regarding any small issue from Burmese part you need to investigate 1st what happened on the background for that event. During 91 event it happened just after their current president visited Burma, during 2008 it's the same and last year it happened after their PM visited their. The Burmese junta takes money from one party shows some tameness to its master then. Other than this Burma with its own brain doesn't do anything. Still, in most cases anything happening there in Burma it's their internal business. In BD Military forum one army officer who was in the strike force preparing for attacking Burma in 91 described whole scenario in detail. US Pacific commander that time stayed in a hotel in Chittagong for a week (US and Saudi admins' decision). According to that officer that US general was there to show india that US was on Bangladesh side (then india was not ally of US). He believed that Burma then attacked Bangladeshi outpost on indian push.

It seems Bdmil is a closed forum and asks for too many personal information.

These haor areas or other marshlands seem impenetrable for any forces be it friendly or enemy troops. Is the 'riverine infantry' you talk of is altogether a different/new concept or just a special role for traditional infantry?

I think on land we needn't worry that much, no one will find it comfortable on our territory...one guerrilla style army is enough and our army is far ahead of that now. Main concern is on sea and air. Our navy is almost capable now, only 1 or 2 more revamp will make it capable deterrent naval power. Problem is our air force, it's weak and also now need to think of a strategic force.

I think on land we needn't worry that much, no one will find it comfortable on our territory...one guerrilla style army is enough and our army is far ahead of that now. Main concern is on sea and air. Our navy is almost capable now, only 1 or 2 more revamp will make it capable deterrent naval power. Problem is our air force, it's weak and also now need to think of a strategic force.

What do you think about equipments of our Army? I don't think it's enough. The riffles, handguns, tanks aren't that good. And you mentioned a good point. Our air force isn't a good one. Almost nothing. We need more procurements. They are getting a few new birds. But that's not enough.

What do you think about equipments of our Army? I don't think it's enough. The riffles, handguns, tanks aren't that good. And you mentioned a good point. Our air force isn't a good one. Almost nothing. We need more procurements. They are getting a few new birds. But that's not enough.

Army need more modern tanks (though not too many) and AT rockets, along with additional infantry fighting vehicles. Some MRLS's would be great too.

Those Type-59's and 69's are damn old. They are Chinese Copies of the Soviet T-54 and T-55 respectively.

I think we can all agree on the air force. Air force is a complex and an expensive matter.

2001 Indian

Army need more modern tanks (though not too many) and AT rockets, along with additional infantry fighting vehicles. Some MRLS's would be great too.

Those Type-59's and 69's are damn old. They are Chinese Copies of the Soviet T-54 and T-55 respectively.

I think we can all agree on the air force. Air force is a complex and an expensive matter.
should look out for SAMs. far cheaper alternative
tanks, we should start the initiative to produce our own

You have a point there. But, I wouldn't suggest relying on SAMs completely.

Jet fighters have more flexibility than SAMs. What's more, if some retard enters our air space illegally, get the SAM locked onto the target could paramount to declaring war. With a bird, we can simply fly over to the bogey's location, and tell it to buzz off, or force it to land.

Getting a SAM locked onto the bogey in such situations is just too provocative. That's why fighter jets are preferred in such scenarios. So yes, fighter jets are very vital to a nation's defense in both peace and war time.

You have a point there. But, I wouldn't suggest relying on SAMs completely.

Jet fighters have more flexibility than SAMs. What's more, if some retard enters our air space illegally, get the SAM locked onto the target could paramount to declaring war. With a bird, we can simply fly over to the bogey's location, and tell it to buzz off, or force it to land.

Getting a SAM locked onto the bogey in such situations is just too provocative. That's why fighter jets are preferred in such scenarios. So yes, fighter jets are very vital to a nation's defense in both peace and war time.

we can use the pole vaulter excuse
kidding aside, it will take us ages to even have a air force that can properly deter them so a significant number of SAM is needed. this is where we turn to US for some sweet stuff, but that seems like a distant dream now since hasina already declared them razakars

BD should start purchasing small quantities of fighters now(1/2 squadrons of say SU-30) and then buy more later on when the funds are there. 1 billion extra is not too much for a 150 billion dollar economy

I have no idea what the idiots in Awami League are up to:pissed:

Back
Top Bottom