What's new

Bangladesh Army

Indian troop movement over BD will put us in collision course with China. Never going to happen.

Should this happen the china will take steps to take entire northeast from India.

This is a simple calculus, india will put a noose on its own neck if they push it. For us there will go our economic uplift. Never going to happen. BD is not so dumb. BD will maintain distance from both India and China.

This bizzare contention is illogical. BA itself will revolt against the leadership alone backed up by every political party. Some things just can not happen. There are checks and balances and you can not upend things on the say so of one guy.

SHW is not such a stupid political operator, she will not make the same mistake as KZ. This guy will be kept under manners.

dafuq are you talking about man.....
Sir ,Perhaps you have missed the inner meaning of the piece of diamond,
And this one too .
Although you have quoted one of this diamond and replied .
These piece of diamonds teach us that holy blood of almighty lord ,khilafatul muslimeen , the most perfect man the world has ever produced ,best bengali of one entire kolpo (kolpo = one day of hindu deity brahma that is 4.32 billions of human years , so surely bengali like Lord mujib wasn't born before 4.32 billions of years ) is defending our country from Indian aggression, while army chief is serving Indian purpose, so army is sucking something 6 inches ( according to sacred family worshippers) by supporting indian troop movement through BD territory.

Those guys have no idea that without the support of army the holy sacred family of Lord mujib will not survive a single night .
Such amateur expats are the real infame of bangladesh.
নিরাপদে লিভিং রুমে বসে এসির আরামে শ্রী ভগবান শেখ মুজিব আর তার বংশধরদের জুতা চুম্বন/পদলেহন করে বুঝা যায় না যে দেশরক্ষার যুদ্ধটা সম্পুর্ন আলাদা জিনিস। তাদের মত চেতনার চেতিত পাতি ক্যাডার গুলি এইটা বুঝবে না।
@Michael Corleone

Last edited:
Power struggle between this clown and Sheikh Hasina? That's some high horse logic. :lol:

1. You people do realize how screwed Hasina is right? Even a simple SSF member wont be recruited unless his past 14 generations have been proved to be aligned to Awami League. And here you are talking about an Army Chief, who technically commands a 200,000 strong force.

2. The clown is hand-picked and appointed by Hasina itself. Given the type of lady she is, are you really going to buy the fact that she will shoot herself in her foot? Especially being 6 months away from elections and with the fear of a coup always looming after Pilkhana?

3. This Chief might have close connections to India, probably will even root for some military purchases from them. But do you really think he has the capacity/power to allow Indian troops to use BD terrain to confront China?

4. Never seen a BA Chief being anything more than a showpiece, who is used to keep the army in check by the government. Its kinda a 3-year vacation period. He might get his criminal brother a pardon from the President but letting Indian troops through BD will only be in your dreams.

Power struggle between this clown and Sheikh Hasina? That's some high horse logic. :lol:

1. You people do realize how screwed Hasina is right? Even a simple SSF member wont be recruited unless his past 14 generations have been proved to be aligned to Awami League. And here you are talking about an Army Chief, who technically commands a 200,000 strong force.

2. The clown is hand-picked and appointed by Hasina itself. Given the type of lady she is, are you really going to buy the fact that she will shoot herself in her foot? Especially being 6 months away from elections and with the fear of a coup always looming after Pilkhana?

3. This Chief might have close connections to India, probably will even root for some military purchases from them. But do you really think he has the capacity/power to allow Indian troops to use BD terrain to confront China?

4. Never seen a BA Chief being anything more than a showpiece, who is used to keep the army in check by the government. Its kinda a 3-year vacation period. He might get his criminal brother a pardon from the President but letting Indian troops through BD will only be in your dreams.
Exactly my thoughts

Summer training exercises are on in the Bangladesh Army.
36815028_10204676703153648_8047173780893597696_n.jpg
36857388_10204676706233725_9097279381956460544_n.jpg
36818884_10204676705753713_1770310872879595520_n.jpg
36852902_10204676704513682_7821110384881827840_n.jpg
36803706_10204676704273676_4089820493798965248_n.jpg
36943750_10204676703833665_2084109279538708480_n.jpg
36889872_10204676704953693_3070428852409860096_n.jpg

Ok guys, so I am in Bangladesh for vacation. Yesterday went to meet my cousin whose husband is a Major in the Army. Was having a discussion on politics and defence where I asked him about our current situation.

He is in the artillery and thus our discussion took turn that way. Without divulging much information, he said that BD is actively looking to buy GMLRS right now. They evaluated it from Turkey and Brazil apparently, but Turkish suppliers demanded $400 million per battery. He said its very expensive compared to the Chinese ones and thus, its highly likely that Army will buy from China again. But he said Chinese MLRS aren't that great and requires a lot of maintenance (rusting at the end of the firing pods etc.). Thus now its still hanging and decision is being made.

We also had a chat on the Rohingya issue. He said that the Army was already deployed at the border for a potential conflict with Myanmar. The then BGB DG is the current Army Chief and he said he really handled the situation very well. Having said that, he also mentioned that the current Army Chief is very meritorious and comes from the Artillery. He is a smart leader according to him.

I asked him of Air Force but he has not much idea.

He is a smart leader according to him.
I also think so . Some accuse him that he is siding India but that's a lie indeed.
I believe if he wants better communication with India,then he wants it for right reason .
I believe he is just keeping his enemy closer as a strategy.
But since our civilians are all knowing ( even they are superior war planner than military , you probably saw many old thread about, why BD isnt attacking miyanmer, bla bla bla ....)so they even want to say that an army chief of BD army want to give up sovereignty to India . What a shame .
This is the reason ( pretend to be all knowing) that Bengalis are far behind than many other nations despite having talents.

Last edited:
I also think so . Some accuse him tha he is siding India bit that's a lie indeed.
I believe if he wants better communication with India,then he wants it for right reason .
I believe he is just keeping his enemy closer as a strategy.
But since our civilians are all knowing ( even they are superior war planner than military , you probably saw many old thread about, why BD isnt attacking miyanmer, bla bla bla ....)so they even want to say that an army chief if BD army want to give up sovereignty to India . What a shame .
This is the reason ( pretend to be all knowing) that Bengalis are far behind than many other nation despite having talents.

Our country is full of such propagandist. Nothing new. Better to ignore it and instead believe your own reasoning and observation.

I will leave it up to members to decode the model of this GMLRS. Clue - it has a range of 280 km.
It could be from Belarus I guess. Below is an excerpt from other source:

"The Belarus’s Army and Precision Electromechanics Factory (Zavoda Tochnoy Elektromekhaniki) in Dzerzhinsk are working on a new tactical missile capable of reaching enemy targets as far as 280 kilometers away. The mock-up of new missiles was unveiled during MILEX 2017".

"According to the official source, the new missiles or rockets has a range of 280 km, a warhead of 480 kg compared to the just ~ 150 kg from the base version of 300-mm rockets".

It could be from Belarus I guess. Below is an excerpt from other source:

"The Belarus’s Army and Precision Electromechanics Factory (Zavoda Tochnoy Elektromekhaniki) in Dzerzhinsk are working on a new tactical missile capable of reaching enemy targets as far as 280 kilometers away. The mock-up of new missiles was unveiled during MILEX 2017".

"According to the official source, the new missiles or rockets has a range of 280 km, a warhead of 480 kg compared to the just ~ 150 kg from the base version of 300-mm rockets".

You are talking about Polonez 300mm MLRS which is even based on Chinese A300 AFAIK. And Polonez has eight cannisters and the launchers are arranged differently.

armyproject-polonez.jpg

The MLRS in my photo is most probably WS-3A (280km). And as @bd_4_ever said Chinese MLRS has better chance than any other MLRS due to budget limit. See?? six launchers just like the previous photo, even the camo looks similar.

001372a0e6ec120eefdf57.jpg

I have heard about some not so pleasing things about the appointed Army Chief. Nothing about his power struggle with Hasina....but about his links with India. Based on what I've heard I wouldn't want him as the army chief.

Back
Top Bottom