What's new

Bangladesh Army

Greece plane crash: Cargo aircraft was carrying weapons to Bangladesh - minister​

Serbia's Defence Minister Nebojša Stefanovic said that the Antonov AN-12 was transporting almost 11 tonnes of Serbian-made weapons to Bangladesh.
It was due to make stops in Jordan, Saudi Arabia and India before reaching its final destination of Dhaka.
The plane was being operated by Meridian, a Ukrainian cargo airline, although so far, there is no indication of any connection with the war in Ukraine.

Greece plane crash: Cargo aircraft was carrying weapons to Bangladesh - minister​

Serbia's Defence Minister Nebojša Stefanovic said that the Antonov AN-12 was transporting almost 11 tonnes of Serbian-made weapons to Bangladesh.
It was due to make stops in Jordan, Saudi Arabia and India before reaching its final destination of Dhaka.
The plane was being operated by Meridian, a Ukrainian cargo airline, although so far, there is no indication of any connection with the war in Ukraine.

Apparently it was carrying morter shells for Army

Link

Mashallah, we even import freaken mortar shells, what a pathetic state of affairs.

I am sure I read somewhere long ago we make mortar shells. Perhaps these ones from Serbia are for a newer system we don't have a production line for yet, or volume too small to justify production line. In BOF site they mention they have lines for high caliber munition production line, but does not specify what.

ক। গ্রেনেড কারখানা
খ। ফিউজ এসেম্বলি কারখানা
গ। উচ্চ ক্যালিবার গোলাবারুদ কারখানা

The BOF website will make you puke though, have a look -

Edit: Here is the picture of mortar and shells from BOF site

1658063460152.png

Last edited:
I am sure I read somewhere long ago we make mortar shells. Perhaps these ones from Serbia are for a newer system we don't have a production line for yet, or volume too small to justify production line. In BOF site they mention they have lines for high caliber munition production line, but does not specify what.

ক। গ্রেনেড কারখানা
খ। ফিউজ এসেম্বলি কারখানা
গ। উচ্চ ক্যালিবার গোলাবারুদ কারখানা

The BOF website will make you puke though, have a look -

11 ton is not an small amount for mortar shells. Most probably 120mm shells as that mortar caliber was reactivated & two 120mm mortar regiment were formed recently. Someone might want to check DGDP website for recent tenders for mortar shells.

I am sure I read somewhere long ago we make mortar shells. Perhaps these ones from Serbia are for a newer system we don't have a production line for yet, or volume too small to justify production line.

BOF still didn't start producing 120mm mortars ammo yet. On the process.

Someone might want to check DGDP website for recent tenders for mortar shells.

There were tenders for towed and SP 120mm mortars and ammo. I thought we perhaps procured the towed one from Serbia. Glad i was wrong.

The Chief of Bangladesh Army and the upcoming C-295W of Bangladesh Army Aviation - at the Airbus facility in Spain.
Source: The Bangladesh Defence Analyst Facebook Page

C295W.jpg

Road building led by the Army Engg. Battalions are proceeding rapidly among the remote border communities in the Hill Tracts which will reduce ingress of terrorists.

Bangladesh Army Aviation Group which also trains other armed forces like the Navy and Police Force

300057892_624388925787281_3439242252868234944_n.png

Bangladesh Army armored personnel are receiving training in China on the latest VT-5 light tanks purchased from Norinco Corp. The training is being conducted using Bangladesh Army's own tanks as the VT-5BD is a highly customised variant purpose-built for the Bangladesh Army according to their requirements.

The VT-5 will not only replace the existing fleet of Type 69-IIG tanks but also help equip new tank regiments raised in different parts of the country including Barishal and Cox's Bazar.

There is a projected requirement for around 200 such tanks.
#TBDA

Elektroland Defence, Bangladeş'e 10 adet bomba imha kazanı ile 2 adet bomba imha robotu gönderdi. Firma ülkeye daha önce de bomba imha kazanı ve bomba imha robotu ihraç etti.
Translated from Turkish by
Elektroland Defense sent 10 bomb disposal boilers and 2 bomb disposal robots to Bangladesh. The company has previously exported bomb disposal boilers and bomb disposal robots to the country
Fc7toUgWYAIIauh.jpeg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom