What's new

Bangladesh Army

Bangladesh Para-Commando with TAR-21
1013357_206553686190644_1569221340_n.jpg

Here's a thought, since Bangladesh does not recognise Israel, couldn't the BOF make copies of Israeli small arms or at least derivatives of them. I really like the tavor, a version with pict rails and chambered for the 7.62x39 would be quite useful.

Here's a thought, since Bangladesh does not recognise Israel, couldn't the BOF make copies of Israeli small arms or at least derivatives of them. I really like the tavor, a version with pict rails and chambered for the 7.62x39 would be quite useful.

There is one made by Kel Tec Industries:
KElTecRFB.jpg

keltec.gif

http://www.keltecweapons.com/our-guns/rfb/rifle/

Personally, I like the FN F-2000 better :D

There is one made by Kel Tec Industries:
KElTecRFB.jpg

keltec.gif

http://www.keltecweapons.com/our-guns/rfb/rifle/

Personally, I like the FN F-2000 better :D

Loki, my man thanks for the post. I this beauty from keltec, I think this is the type the BD army needs for it's next gen rifle, looks like it's chambered for the 7.62x51 too, and yea I love the F-2000 too but it's just too expensive to equip the entire army with it.

I was only wondering on developing a system based on the tavor, and as we don't recognize Israel, then logically no need to pay them any royalties.

We should stick to the BD-08....first make one with a carbon fiber furniture.....second make a carbine version....third develop a bullpup version...or just get the QBZ in 5.56 Nato cal.!

We should stick to the BD-08....first make one with a carbon fiber furniture.....second make a carbine version....third develop a bullpup version...or just get the QBZ in 5.56 Nato cal.!

Ok fair enough, as long as it's designed and developed in BD. Oh carbon fibre, don't know many combat rifles using carbon fibre, high impact plastics yea.

Ok fair enough, as long as it's designed and developed in BD. Oh carbon fibre, don't know many combat rifles using carbon fibre, high impact plastics yea.
Carbon fiber reinforced polymer can be used to make weapons.They are extremely light and strong enough to be used in cars and planes and weapons!

Carbon fiber reinforced polymer can be used to make weapons.They are extremely light and strong enough to be used in cars and planes and weapons!
Don't expect it a new rifle in the next decade.
We recently just got the license to produce the BD-08 in 2008 and it Would be far too expensive to change it to make a new rifle in less than a decade.
Hopefully our agreement with belarus may lead to it.

Loki, my man thanks for the post. I this beauty from keltec, I think this is the type the BD army needs for it's next gen rifle, looks like it's chambered for the 7.62x51 too, and yea I love the F-2000 too but it's just too expensive to equip the entire army with it.

I was only wondering on developing a system based on the tavor, and as we don't recognize Israel, then logically no need to pay them any royalties.

Well, Norico has a rip-off from the Uzi :D

attachment.php

1026455_01_norinco_uzi_9mm_model_320_w_st_640.jpg

Remember those Uzis found at the Chittagong arms haul? :D Those were from Norico.

Though, changing to a new production rifle is very expensive. The BOF already have a composite version of the Type-81 (AKA BD-08). It's a good rifle. To some degree, it offers the accuracy of an M-16 and the robustness of the AK-47.

The bullpup design is mainly good for close quarters fighting. The reason why the Israelis adopted the Tavor is because they often have to fight in close-knit urban environments.

But hey, don't the Americans use M-16's in Iraq? The Russians using AK-74's in Chechnya?

Though, the SA-80 used by the British Army was so accurate that they had to change their marksmanship courses! LOL....

The Tavor and F-2000 are relatively new compared to the much older SA-80. Not much is known about them. The Royal Thai Army are going to replace their aging M-16's with Tavors though.

The first rifle in the world with the bullpup design was the Steyr Aug, which is also very good. Designed way back in the 60's.
STEYR-AUG-A3.jpg

^^^^This is also rumored to be in limited use by our army (perhaps sampling or field testing?). It looks very comfy to hold and look really bada$$ :D

BA is not very well known to have used bullpup designs in the past. So, they may be trying them out.

What weapon to choose ultimately depends on the mission, and what matters is getting the job done. That's what a professional would do.

Back
Top Bottom