What's new

Bangladesh Army

Can anyone give me a list of how many divisions Bangladesh army has including the newly formed 17 infantry division.
And what is the active number of regular troops in army alone?

Don't know if this is off topic but what the heck.

Wikipedia says Bangladesh Army is one of the largest users of BTR-80 (over 500 units). I think that may exceed India's or Pakistan's count for this kind of APC.

1. There was a plan to have the Ukrainians (or Russians) set up a BTR-80 overhaul and parts-manufacturing unit locally. Any progress on that? Any planning to increase indigenous parts count?

2. Any local mods done on the BTR-80 like reactive armor, gun mods? Please share sources as Google didn't turn up much.

3. What are the China-made equivalents or improvements after the BTR-80 model? Have they been imported into Bangladesh?

Wikipedia says Bangladesh Army is one of the largest users of BTR-80 (over 500 units). I think that may exceed India's or Pakistan's count for this kind of APC.

1. There was a plan to have the Ukrainians (or Russians) set up a BTR-80 overhaul and parts-manufacturing unit locally. Any progress on that? Any planning to increase indigenous parts count?

2. Any local mods done on the BTR-80 like reactive armor, gun mods? Please share sources as Google didn't turn up much.

3. What are the China-made equivalents or improvements after the BTR-80 model? Have they been imported into Bangladesh?
BD has actually around 1,200+ BTR-80s and no update news about BTR-80 maintainance plants.

That is awesome I hope with 450000 you would have around 2000 MBT and 1500 Anti Tank Vehicles
centauro3.jpg

I mean this kind of thing by the way are you sure it would be increase to 450000

In their look they look quite similar to our SSG

Another view of Army CQB training
10255819_627612563990948_3947369808158389379_n.jpg

We have VN4(4X4 wheeled but not 8X8) for export, and Venezuela have bought it.
I think there is no much difference for armored personnel carriers so BTR-80 is quite well.

Last edited:
So you were including reserve too when I asked you so Bangladesh will have 400000 active troops and 50000 reserves by 2020
yes i included reserve, BD is planning to armed them heavily-focusing on quality than quantity

yes i included reserve, BD is planning to armed them heavily-focusing on quality than quantity
So I am right on 400000 being active troops by 2020 and 50000 reserve by the way when are we expected to hear some large order of New MBT given and when we would hear good news about lot of Fighter Jets being ordered for Bangladesh Air Force

So I am right on 400000 being active troops by 2020 and 50000 reserve by the way when are we expected to hear some large order of New MBT given and when we would hear good news about lot of Fighter Jets being ordered for Bangladesh Air Force
within 1-2 years :tup:

within 1-2 years :tup:
Okay that is good and expected Tanks which you would go for and also with 400000 active Army How many BDF guys you currently have and any plans to increase them because they face India on daily bases

Okay that is good and expected Tanks which you would go for and also with 400000 active Army How many BDF guys you currently have and any plans to increase them because they face India on daily bases
might go for MBT3000
anyway BD has totaly around 7,00,000 ground troops (including around 2,00,000 ansar and VDP+ around 1,00,000 BGB-no news to increase them but to improve training and equipment)

Back
Top Bottom