What's new

Bangladesh Interested in JF-17

I have checked the links about this JF-17. It is a news in a Bangladesh defence Blog that says of FC-1. Then Asia Defence pasted the news in 2011 it said it is JF-17. Since it is already November 2012, therefore, the rumour about FC-1 (not JF-17 that Asia Defence says) has no value any more. BAF has already ordered and purchased F-7BGIs which are good enough planes fo our present needs.

BAF is getting 16 units of YAK-130 training planes which BAF will use to train their pilots before it will purchase any 4.5 generation planes. New planes could be J-10 from China under a $800 million credit, or either Mig-29SMT or Sukhoi MK2 under a Russian $850 million credit. J-10s are fitted with very strong Russian engines.

If China thought FC-1 is a good platform it would not have gone after a new J-10 platform. Note also China never says about FC-1 if its airforce will induct this plane. As far as I know FC-1 production has stopped or slow because China does not judge this platform a good and stable one. China is after J-10 and J-20, a stealth fighter. But, here posters from BD always speak about some expensive toys that will only hurt the defence and the country in the long run.

I have checked the links about this JF-17. It is a news in a Bangladesh defence Blog that says of FC-1. Then Asia Defence pasted the news in 2011 it said it is JF-17. Since it is already November 2012, therefore, the rumour about FC-1 (not JF-17 that Asia Defence says) has no value any more. BAF has already ordered and purchased F-7BGIs which are good enough planes fo our present needs.

BAF is getting 16 units of YAK-130 training planes which BAF will use to train their pilots before it will purchase any 4.5 generation planes. New planes could be J-10 from China under a $800 million credit, or either Mig-29SMT or Sukhoi MK2 under a Russian $850 million credit. J-10s are fitted with very strong Russian engines.

If China thought FC-1 is a good platform it would not have gone after a new J-10 platform. Note also China never says about FC-1 if its airforce will induct this plane. As far as I know FC-1 production has stopped or slow because China does not judge this platform a good and stable one. China is after J-10 and J-20, a stealth fighter. But, here posters from BD always speak about some expensive toys that will only hurt the defence and the country in the long run.

good for you. we just have to wait and see.

jf 17 is pak's pride :D

its still better than f 7BGI

trust me for country like BD jf 17 is the best choice

planned to equip it with chinese F-7BG multirole fighter aircraft based on soviet mig-21.As China stopped making F-7 aircraft,Bang;adesh decided to procure FC-1 fighter aircraft.

Bangladesh Air Force already bought 16 F-7BGI to be delivered by 2013 and to be stationed in Cox's Bazaar FOB.

Bangladesh also procuring 28 Type-96 tanks from china each costing $4M.

Bangladesh Army already ordered 44 MBT-2000 (Type-96G) and 3 ARV Type-654.

The navy is getting two F-22B frigate with three Z-9c ASW helicopter in late 2012 though frigate process is unclear.

Bangladesh Navy is negotiating for two off the shelf Type-53H2 frigate (pennant number 535 and 536)

These are old news.

As long as Bangladesh has training programs with India, I dont think Pakistan will see any equipment to them. Its simple. Why Pakistan let the enemy lay its hands on an equipment tailor made to Pakistan needs.

They already have Chinese J7, Chinese Tanks which one also used by your arm forces

As long as Bangladesh has training programs with India, I dont think Pakistan will see any equipment to them. Its simple. Why Pakistan let the enemy lay its hands on an equipment tailor made to Pakistan needs.

But it will be china's call on equipmemt sales anyway.... Tanks , ammunition, ships will be provided by china... If JF 17 is rejected by chihna, it will go for a better version, probably yak 130 or even Migs 29...

So if BD goes for 17s then Jfs would play second fiddle to their Mig29s. JFs would be mostly used in AoG role.

I dint think BD is ever going to see a JF 17 with their flag on it.

No offense but this is typical bs that appears on website every now and then - Bangladesh cannot afford any modern fighter jets (I mean they had difficulty maintaining few migs..).They cannot even afford JF-17 let alone F-16's or Su series fighter jets. They will probably stick with F-7's (Mig21) until 2020's.

Back
Top Bottom