What's new

Bangladesh Interested in JF-17

Thank God she is in power!! otherwise Paks would have pushed those JF-17 (F stands for fighter and God knows what J stands for:rofl:) into BD somehow...:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Bangladesh will not buy the JF17 because of India factor and it will not buy any Indian planes because of the china factor.

We will buy our planes from countries who can not be swayed in the event of conflict and there is only two such countries. Only countries we can have a conflict with is India and burma. Buying JF17 when Pakistan itself is under pressure from India is shortsighted. Obviously it would be silly to buy Indian planes. Add to this there are only a few countries with the capability to produce planes.

We will buy chinese simply because they are a time tested friend and we share common strategic concerns. Russian planes are also becoming more viable as India moves away from the russians towards Americans. Chinese planes anyhow are Russian copies with Russian engines. We can not afford US or European fighters, the Korean planes are still untested....

So in summery BAF will by Chinese, if it has more money then they will buy Russian. No other source of war planes are viable.

Erm......you do actually realize that those FC-1s would be manufactured in China and not Pakistan right?

Pakistan does get a share on the profits if I'm not mistaken. All in all, they will come from China - and not from Pakistan's manufacturing lines. Those are only for Pakistan's use.

And who said that India is moving away from Russia in the arms market? Don't believe everything the media says. Their projects are worth billions and their relationship will go on until at least 2040. The FGFA, the MTA, and Brahamos are some examples.

The Russians will not so easily give up such an important customer like India. Especially since India is the world's largest importer of weapons.

Indians are slowly being pulled in the US fold to counter China.

Purely from a BD perspective all I am saying in the event of a conflict Russia is likely to remain neutral. This may not be the case in actuality but given the Indian superiority over BAF why would they even need to take a position.

I do not see a conflict between India Bangladesh. I have no idea what BAF plans are in terms of future looks but let's say they were planning a airforce of 50-100 (probably an overestimate) planes of reasonable quality. Is it really a threat to india?

Bangladesh will maintain a defensive posture politically under all circumstances. In the event of a conflict between India and china or Pakistan, Bangladesh will remain neutral. Bangladesh does not have any territorial issues with India.

All we need to do is to have an armed force to deter Indian misadventure. Purely by the grace of Bangladeshs population we can not be invaded and controlled by anyone. Also that would be a scenario where two democracies are going to war.... Something that has never happened in history.....

Indian philosophy is not to have Bangladesh take a similar aggresive posture to Pakistan. Well that can be easily achieved by embracing Bangladesh economically and abandoning its hedge monistic posture. From Bangladeshi side we want to guarantee our sovereignty. Indian and Bangladeshs security and strategic concerns are not mutually exclusive.

However coming back to point given what money we have to play with in my opinion our only option is Chinese or Russian planes...... More likely to be Chinese.....

Just one squadron of JFT equipped with SD-10 and Mar-1 backed by ZDK 03 can clean up whole airforce of BD. You know that?

Stop acting like a fool and accept the simple fact that JFT even in it's current form is better than almost all the AC of BAF. All those :rofl: aren't going to add much weight to your trolling.

:rofl::rofl: Good saying...:rofl::rofl: If Mig-29s and the SAM systems are kept in stores then two squadrons of MiG-21 Bison armed with Vympel R-27R1 can wipeout entire Bangladesh Air Force. And the same (keeping F-16 and SAM systems in store) is true for PAF as well, did you know that??:rofl::rofl:.

Erm......you do actually realize that those FC-1s would be manufactured in China and not Pakistan right?

Pakistan does get a share on the profits if I'm not mistaken. All in all, they will come from China - and not from Pakistan's manufacturing lines. Those are only for Pakistan's use.

And who said that India is moving away from Russia in the arms market? Don't believe everything the media says. Their projects are worth billions and their relationship will go on until at least 2040. The FGFA, the MTA, and Brahamos are some examples.

The Russians will not so easily give up such an important customer like India. Especially since India is the world's largest importer of weapons.

Oppssing the bold part. Here is a list of things that India got from russia in 2011 alone:

SRAAM: 4000 R-73
Radar: 33 MR-90/Front Dome
ASW Rocket launchers: 6 RBU-6000
Fighter aircraft: 16 Mig-29SMT, 29 Mig-29K, 42 SU-30MKI
ASW Heli: 5 KA-31
Tank: 250 T-90S
Diesel Engine: 250 YaMZ-238

This Discussion has gone way off topic . From JF-17 to India - Russia Relations , Mig 21 bisons and what not .

Pakistan does get a share on the profits if I'm not mistaken.
All in all, they will come from China - and not from Pakistan's manufacturing lines. Those are only for Pakistan's use.

I think Pakistan will get share of profit on the sale of Jf17 not on FC-1.......I think deal is like Al-Khalid deal...

Purely from a BD perspective all I am saying in the event of a conflict Russia is likely to remain neutral. This may not be the case in actuality but given the Indian superiority over BAF why would they even need to take a position.

I do not see a conflict between India Bangladesh. I have no idea what BAF plans are in terms of future looks but let's say they were planning a airforce of 50-100 (probably an overestimate) planes of reasonable quality. Is it really a threat to india?

Bangladesh will maintain a defensive posture politically under all circumstances. In the event of a conflict between India and china or Pakistan, Bangladesh will remain neutral. Bangladesh does not have any territorial issues with India.

All we need to do is to have an armed force to deter Indian misadventure. Purely by the grace of Bangladeshs population we can not be invaded and controlled by anyone. Also that would be a scenario where two democracies are going to war.... Something that has never happened in history.....

Indian philosophy is not to have Bangladesh take a similar aggresive posture to Pakistan. Well that can be easily achieved by embracing Bangladesh economically and abandoning its hedge monistic posture. From Bangladeshi side we want to guarantee our sovereignty. Indian and Bangladeshs security and strategic concerns are not mutually exclusive.

However coming back to point given what money we have to play with in my opinion our only option is Chinese or Russian planes...... More likely to be Chinese.....

1. We in Bangladesh, generally as a people do not wish for conflict with India or have any territorial designs on India we are fully cognisant of the fact that we are a poor, underdeveloped country that is pre-occupied with development.

2. We ultimately wish for optimal relations whereby we maximise trade and solve disputes such as:

- Water terrorism by India, i.e. desertifying large parts of Bangladesh
- Indian BSF terrorism
- RAW terrorism in Bangladesh, RAW (Research and Analysis Wing) being India's state terrorist organization run by terror chief Sanjeev Tripathi
- Indian destabilization of Bangladesh
- Indian interference in Bangladeshi politics
- India's de facto boycotting and blocking of many Bangladeshi goods whilst Bangladesh allows India free access.

3. As the Bangladeshi economy grows so will Bangladeshi nationalism and self-confidence and the electorate and populace will not be willing to accept Indian bully and Dhaka administrations will be forced to take a stronger stance against the bully to our west.

If all this can be resolved i.e if India stops behaving as a bully and sponsor of terrorism then relations between our states can flourish.

we should wait for next election and then see who come to power and then lets see the JF17 decision

I'd like to add something here.

They did reject the F-18 Super Hornet and F-16 back in its MMRCA competition. That lead to a wave of butt-hurt among American officials.

US and Indian regional ambitions are different, even though they pretend that they complement one another. They do, but only to a certain extent at best.

For the US to actually offer ToT for hi-tech planes and other equipment, it'd require India to be completely inline to the US. And this is not on India's watch. It has always maintained a policy of non-alignment.

Similarly, India being a permanent member on the UNSC is not on America's watch :lol:

They have differences.

Oppssing the bold part. Here is a list of things that India got from russia in 2011 alone:

SRAAM: 4000 R-73
Radar: 33 MR-90/Front Dome
ASW Rocket launchers: 6 RBU-6000
Fighter aircraft: 16 Mig-29SMT, 29 Mig-29K, 42 SU-30MKI
ASW Heli: 5 KA-31
Tank: 250 T-90S
Diesel Engine: 250 YaMZ-238

Your point being?

we should wait for next election and then see who come to power and then lets see the JF17 decision

I wonder how the BNP will formulate the matter.

There's a serious lack of clarity on the BAF, unlike the army and navy.

I do not believe BNP will purchase the JF17. We may end up buying a variant of it directly from china. But buying it from Pakistan would unnecessarily cause political issues at home as and diplomatic ones with India.

I think we should buy Russian. Buy Chinese in the following rounds in numbers ....

Can anyone tell me in the medium term how many operational squadrons are BAF imagining. How many do we have presently?

never going to happen two problems
1, hasina

2, india

bangladesh will find it difficult to buy them with these factors after all jf17 is very cheap and multirole fighter that is like a dream package for a poor country like bangladesh who has small budgets this plane is perfect

Back
Top Bottom