What's new

Bangladesh Military prepares for a WAR against Myanmar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Munshi bahi

There are few other books details Tagore family repressive view on Muslims and lower caste people. That's why I was asking him to hit the library rather than spoon feeding him.

Now its amusing to see he wants link for the book. Perhaps he is crippled by shock.
Here are some details of Tagore view and activities:
Dear Readers

Thnks,idune.......frm da very 1st post i was asking for da links......no offence meant.....thnks again.

Thnks,idune.......frm da very 1st post i was asking for da links......no offence meant.....thnks again.

not here to spoon feed you information. With your typical indian line of twisting facts, one can not take your gesture in its face value.

As you think........i wish u knew me by person.........i was unware of da facts put forward by u and munshi sir.......thnks

Thanks Munshi bahi

There are few other books details Tagore family repressive view on Muslims and lower caste people. That's why I was asking him to hit the library rather than spoon feeding him.

Now its amusing to see he wants link for the book. Perhaps he is crippled by shock.
Here are some details of Tagore view and activities:
Dear Readers

Interesting... I am confused whether those eggs layed by Chicken or Horse...
Tagore was not a politician but a writer. He might had different views in his different span of life. We should judge him as a writer not as a politician.

Interesting... I am confused whether those eggs layed by Chicken or Horse...
Tagore was not a politician but a writer. He might had different views in his different span of life. We should judge him as a writer not as a politician.

...Judging as a writer (efficacy of his writing) is not enough. We must see how as a man (his views and ideology & practice) he was---at least before taking his song as National Anthem.

...Judging as a writer (efficacy of his writing) is not enough. We must see how as a man (his views and ideology & practice) he was---at least before taking his song as National Anthem.

You dont expect him to be an angel. After all he is a human being and were influenced (which is very slim) by the society and politics at that time. Nazrul's disablity was the result from severe infection of Syphilis whice damaged his brain cell and yet we try to say to the world that it was the conspiracy of British. We must be fair in our critics and judgement...

Last edited:
You dont expect him to be an angel. After all he is a human being and were influenced (which is very slim) by the society and politics at that time. Nazrul's disablity came from severe infection of Syphilis whice damaged his brain cell and yet we try to say to the world that it was the conspiracy of British. We must be fair in our critics and judgement...

"Views and ideology & practice" refers to "those...towards others". It does not really include "too personal" follies or weakness.

Tagore was against 'partition of Bengal' and consequent betterment of East Bengal's population that comprised Muslims and Hindus both---with Muslim majority. He was against establishment of Dhaka University---later known as Oxford of the Orient---that helped sons of Muslim peasants get higher education.

These issues really matter. How his song can represent the same very land and its people to which he was strongly averse ? The land and its people, too, have own dignity.

"Views and ideology & practice" refers to "those...towards others". It does not really include "too personal" follies or weakness.

Tagore was against 'partition of Bengal' and consequent betterment of East Bengal's population that comprised Muslims and Hindus both---with Muslim majority. He was against establishment of Dhaka University---later known as Oxford of the Orient---that helped sons of Muslim peasants get higher education.

These issues really matter. How his song can represent the same very land and its people to which he was strongly averse ? The land and its people, too, have own dignity.

Well Bengal partition was a controversial move and everybody took either side and had their own logic. Even in Lahore proposal it was agreed that Bengal will not be divided due to the creation of Pakistan.

I dont know about the Dhaka University, as why would he oppose to that? Any link to that incident? I am really interested as it is new to me.

Well Bengal partition was a controversial move and everybody took either side and had their own logic. Even in Lahore proposal it was agreed that Bengal will not be divided due to the creation of Pakistan.

I dont know about the Dhaka University, as why would he oppose to that? Any link to that incident? I am really interested as it is new to me.

...May anyone help iajdani as regards the link requested ?

Nevertheless, you may visit : The Tagore Mania: Identity Crisis and Anti-Bangladesh Syndrome   Taj Hashmi as regards to DU issue.

It is unfortunate that Bangladeshis are only now realizing the real attitude of Tagore towards Muslims. It just shows how lazy we are intellectually as a nation.

I wasn't around when this song was chosen as national anthem of BD and if it ever come to my decision than I wouldn't hesitate a second to scrape it. I think it a disgrace that we have a song as our national anthem written by non Muslim who isn't even Bangladeshi. This song doesn't represent Muslim Bengal at all and I am positive that Tagore wasn't picturing Muslim Bengal in his song. He was anti Islamic enough to vote against establishment of Dhaka University.

To assert Tagore as a “dreamer of Bangladesh”, and to adopt—on that context—his very song that was actually written to inspire the Swadeshi Movement (1905-11) to maintain the supremecy of Calcutta based elite group over total Bengal—was a conspiracy hitherto unknown to Bangladesh’s new generation who voted in 2008 election for the first time.

Taj Hashmi writes in his article [The Tagore Mania: Identity Crisis and Anti-Bangladesh Syndrome] :

"History tells us without any ambiguity that the anti-Partition (of Bengal) Swadeshi Movement (1905-11) in Bengal was out and out a Hindu movement (only a handful of Muslim initially supported it while a fraction of them continued their support till the annulment of the Partition in 1911). Muslim elites and even peasants and working classes took a leading role against the Swadeshi Movement and villages in Mymensingh and Comilla witnessed bloody Hindu-Muslim rioting during the Swadeshi days over the Partition. In Jamalpur and elsewhere in greater Mymensingh, Hindu terrorist Swadeshi volunteers, who took oath at the alter of goddess Kali and sang Bankim’s anti-Muslim Bande Mataram, attacked Muslim supporters of the Partition with Ma Kalir Boma (Mother Kali’s Bomb).

Sumit Sarkar has beautifully narrated these events in his History of the Swadeshi Movement. One should read Nirad Chaudhuri’s Autobiography of an Unknown Indian and Abul Mansur Ahmed’s Amar Dekha Rajnitir Panchash Bachhar to find out the truth about the communal nature of the Swadeshi Movement. And Kabi Guru Rabindranath was among the ardent supporters of the Swadeshi Movement. He wrote “Amar Sonar Bangla, Ami Tomay Bhalobashi” to inspire the supporters of the Swadeshi Movement."

The above truth must be made known to our new generation, so that an appropriate redress is made to the fault of their earlier generation who fell victim to a strong wave of conspiracy in days of 'too complex an issue' under loving but an ignorant leader.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom