What's new

Bangladesh-Myanmar sea limits verdict Wed

A lot of confused guys have been talking !@#$%^& here about the continental shelf and area around St Martin's. Let's get this straight:

The Daily Star said:
The verdict of the tribunal gave Bangladesh a substantial share of the outer continental shelf beyond 200 miles, which would open ways for offshore oil and gas exploration in the Bay.

The tribunal also awarded Bangladesh a full 12-mile territorial sea around St Martin's Island, overruling Myanmar's argument that the island be cut in half and shared.

Btw, I liked this one comment in The Daily Star:

Asif @ The Daily Star said:
Bravo to government. Special thanks to Commodore (Retd.) Khurshid Alam for his hard working on this sector. Now, I would like to request Government to pay special attention to strengthen our Navy in order to protect the sovereignty and wealth in our Maritime territory which is even larger than our country's territory in terms of area.

Special thanks to Commodore (Retd.) Khurshid Alam for all his hard work over the years! Sagol Moni can't take this credit!

By the grace of Almighty Allah, Bangladesh has won the legal battle at the International Tribunal for the Law of the Sea in Hague, Germany on March 14, 2012.

WEEKLY BLITZ

:victory::victory::victory:

If anyone's interested, I've uploaded the verdict file here:

Judgment_14_02_2012.pdf

So where's idune now with his conspiracy theories about AL collaborating with indians to give the territory away? :P

here I am, while you are dancing on indian tune i was busy reading the verdict, A-Z and analyzing what it means for Bangladesh. Awami league already gave away territory to india in Sylhet and else where. Did you just came out of cave or you think people just forgot.

Looks like everyone is claiming victory but is it really so? Have anyone taken time and read the verdict in full and try to understand?

Here are some quick analysis, full analysis will follow later.

Territorial Water:
1) Bangladesh gain was territorial sea (12 NM) around St Martin. Rest of territorial claim was almost same between Bangladesh and Myanmar.

Exclusive economic zone and continental shelf within 200 nautical miles:

1) Bangladesh lost in almost all points except from point 11(X) with coordinates 20° 03’ 32.0” N, 91° 50’ 31.8” E) where Bangladesh got equitable share of EEZ. But before that point Myanmar got its way and area divided according to equidistance. Area divided based on equidistance and subsequent loss for Bangladesh is closer to shore and has more potential for resource exploration.

2) Bangladesh did not define any base point for drawing coast line and overall boundary, Myanmar did and judges had accepted theirs in absence of counter evidence and arguments from Bangladesh side.

Specially base point β2 (co-ordinates 21° 38’ 57.4” N, 89° 14’ 47.6” E) which is near land border with india. This base point was used to determine T3 point of EEZ and continental shelf within 200 nautical miles. Instead of mid stream of Raimongal river which is know south western boundary of Bangladesh further eastern point was selected by Myanmar, surly in understanding with india. And regime did not give mid stream of Raimongal river as base point nor argued strongly against Myanmar point. This caused significant loss in EEZ territory and will come back haunt us when tribunal decide on Bangladesh indian dispute.

Whaaaaaaaaaaat??????????

What the hell our puppet aka hasina doing????????

What happen to our RAWAMY??

Where is our Indian dalal?????

Must be a Indian propaganda

No, no. It's the other way around. You see, it is your government that is the Bangali dalal. Certainly, our 20-30 million agents in your country are doing one heck of job! :enjoy:

Also, all hail Jesus and that heroic Jew! :smitten: From now on, I'd only hire Jewish lawyers. They are money well spend :tup:

Looks like everyone is claiming victory but is it really so? Have anyone taken time and read the verdict in full and try to understand?

Here are some quick analysis, full analysis will follow later.

Territorial Water:
1) Bangladesh gain was territorial sea (12 NM) around St Martin. Rest of territorial claim was almost same between Bangladesh and Myanmar.

Exclusive economic zone and continental shelf within 200 nautical miles:

1) Bangladesh lost in almost all points except from point 11(X) with coordinates 20° 03’ 32.0” N, 91° 50’ 31.8” E) where Bangladesh got equitable share of EEZ. But before that point Myanmar got its way and area divided according to equidistance. Area divided based on equidistance and subsequent loss for Bangladesh is closer to shore and has more potential for resource exploration.

2) Bangladesh did not define any base point for drawing coast line and overall boundary, Myanmar did and judges had accepted theirs in absence of counter evidence and arguments from Bangladesh side.

Specially base point β2 (co-ordinates 21° 38’ 57.4” N, 89° 14’ 47.6” E) which is near land border with india. This base point was used to determine T3 point of EEZ and continental shelf within 200 nautical miles. Instead of mid stream of Raimongal river which is know south western boundary of Bangladesh further eastern point was selected by Myanmar, surly in understanding with india. And regime did not give mid stream of Raimongal river as base point nor argued strongly against Myanmar point. This caused significant loss in EEZ territory and will come back haunt us when tribunal decide on Bangladesh indian dispute.

:lol::lol::lol: What an idiot.

Dude, no one's dumb here. Look at page 67 and page 138 of the verdict to see the judge's version of the coastlines and the final delimitation line respectively.

You're probably talking about one of those provisional equidistance lines. Ignore those if you know what "provisional"means.

No, no. It's the other way around. You see, it is your government that is the Bangali dalal. Certainly, our 20-30 million agents in your country are doing one heck of job! :enjoy:

Also, all hail Jesus and that heroic Jew! :smitten: From now on, I'd only hire Jewish lawyers. They are money well spend :tup:

Must be a RAW propaganda. Are you a RAW agent?

here I am, while you are dancing on indian tune i was busy reading the verdict, A-Z and analyzing what it means for Bangladesh. Awami league already gave away territory to india in Sylhet and else where. Did you just came out of cave or you think people just forgot.

Hunger of you bangladeshi never dies. First, you taken our more than 10000 acre land and still complaining.

:lol::lol::lol: What an idiot.

Dude, no one's dumb here. Look at page 67 and page 138 of the verdict to see the judge's version of the coastlines and the final delimitation line respectively.

You're probably talking about one of those provisional equidistance lines. Ignore those if you know what "provisional"means.

Other than maps in the document you dont even know what factors were considered to reach those judgements. You do not even know what base point is. You are calling other names? That is how indo-awami thugs behave in street. In your case you are in street of foreign country. Not surprised at all.

idune is probably the most paranoid and pessimistic BDian I've ever seen.

Dude seriously, don't get so obsessed over India :lol:

Well i have heard that from indians and Awami thugs since 2009 when awami regime installed in power. Over time all my comments about Awami stooge regime came to prove and thn some. So you can take pot shot on behalf of indians but we all know your color behind deceiving act.

Now back to the topic, if you have facts to contradict what I have pointed, do so. Otherwise you are just awami stupid flip flopping.

Back
Top Bottom