What's new

Bangladesh Navy getting Hamilton class cutter USCG Dallas (WHEC-716)

ok Avishek bro, its 12m larger than BNS KHALID BIN WALID. so i don't think spacing is a problem... But are you sure about upgrading to missile frigate in Bangladesh?? That will be a huge step!

Name "USCG Dallas" doesn't sounds good, I hope BDN will change it after acquisition

ok Avishek bro, its 12m larger than BNS KHALID BIN WALID. so i don't think spacing is a problem... But are you sure about upgrading to missile frigate in Bangladesh?? That will be a huge step!

If its bigger than BNS Khalid Bin Walid, then its no problem for us :)

We are having help from the chinese(well thats what the sources claim). I think the chinese has a stake in this. The Philipines got two ships of the hamilton class some time ago, when the claim for the Spartly islands with china got heated up.

I think the chinese wanna get a overview of the ship while helping us, so they have an edge over philipines

The Gallatin class of cutters (USCGC Gallatin is the lead ship) have been in service from the early 1970s. They are rather sturdy hulls and were initially employed on the N.Atlanic Patrol. Then as they proved themselves, both the numbers and the operational areas were expanded. They will make pretty good Patrol Vessels. However about replacing/increasing their armament with AShMs etc, seems to be a somewhat doubtful proposition. First present hull strength/integrity, secondly the integration with sensors and redoing the power and comms. cabling/routing. As OPVs they will work adeaquately, nearly as good as the 'stripped down' OHPs that the USN is also doling out.

Ok Hasina is doing a good job to our navy .. From two guided missile to five. Shows our economy is growing so fast! Just do not name them BNS KAMAL, JAMAL, RASEL.

I hope they name some of the ships after some of our heros from the past like devapala(pala dynasty), titumir( one of the first ppl to rise against the brits).

Cos if they name political names, there will be controversy

It test fired Harpoon missile successfully...Btw i think yes Nigeria Navy has one of these

NIGERIAN NAVY ACQUIRE THE WARSHIP, USCGC CHASE (WHEC 718)…ONE OTHER HAMILTON-CLASS SHIP ALSO ACQUIRED! | Beegeagle's Blog
Beeg Eagle’s Blog can authoritatively report the fact , following exhaustive investigation into the affair, that the Nigerian Navy which appeared to have lost out to the Bangladesh Navy in the hunt for a pair of ex-British Royal Navy 1,850 ton, 85-metre Castle-class OPVs have actually gone one better and acquired one of the much larger USCG Hamilton-class cutters which will serve as an Offshore Patrol Vessel in the Nigerian Navy.

NNS Thunder
246m4vm.jpg

The NNS thunder hasnt added tooth yet. But i saw on the internet that there are quite elaborate plans to add arms on it.

Guns can be easily mounted on the rooftops. And missile pods can be stationed behind the canon

I think the chinese wanna get a overview of the ship while helping us, so they have an edge over philipines

ROFL! Chinese looking for an edge over Philippians by studying a freakin coast guard ship?!?!?!? One HN3 missile and this boat will be toast :)

Chinese are helping you to offset Indian influence. Don't patronize yourself. BTW, a decent ship :)

ROFL! Chinese looking for an edge over Philippians by studying a freakin coast guard ship?!?!?!? One HN3 missile and this boat will be toast :)

Chinese are helping you to offset Indian influence. Don't patronize yourself. BTW, a decent ship :)

True, but they will have an idea what of the ships can do. So that they wont have to deploy the expensive toys against them. Plus Its not every day that they will be allowed to handle US ships :)

Ok lets hope this buy is for getting experience in arming a ship. We are quite capable of building ships at the moment.... so 2020 home made frigate is not impossible

By 2020 we will hve the knowledge and the capability to build new frigates. And hopefully we will be able to build new planes as well :)

Though old but an interesting article,
A sea of capability - Maritime - Defence Management Journal Issue 56

"replacement of old British frigates remains a concern for the navy; therefore, it is seeking to acquire two 053H2G class frigates from China and one 'Secretary class cutter' from the US Coast Guard, preferably USCGC Rush (WHEC 723)"
Though it is saying USCGC Rush but whatever these are same i guess !!

Though old but an interesting article,
A sea of capability - Maritime - Defence Management Journal Issue 56

"replacement of old British frigates remains a concern for the navy; therefore, it is seeking to acquire two 053H2G class frigates from China and one 'Secretary class cutter' from the US Coast Guard, preferably USCGC Rush (WHEC 723)"
Though it is saying USCGC Rush but whatever these are same i guess !!

Rush is younger than dallas(8 months :D ), and has seen less action compared to dallas

Can we reverse engineer and start mass producing these little toys? I'd say not bad for a start.

Back
Top Bottom