What's new

Bangladesh Navy getting Hamilton class cutter USCG Dallas (WHEC-716)

Can we reverse engineer and start mass producing these little toys? I'd say not bad for a start.

We cant gain much knowledge by reverse engineering these ships. They are basically patrol ships without much teeth. I think we have the ability to produce patrol ships, since we are making 7 of them for the navy in the khulna ship yard.

However, i think we are gonna learn how to place the sophisticated weapons and learn how to build a frigate from the chinese.

Anyway, i hope they cover up the lower deck and make the upper deck more rectengular.(more stealth)

Can we reverse engineer and start mass producing these little toys? I'd say not bad for a start.

Pray what will you reverse engineer. Its a freakin boat. Nothing sophisticated about it. Its not stealth oriented, nor does it have any onboard sophisticated weapons. The core of the boat is the sensor array mainly the radar, the fire control system. All of which is locked down and source encrypted.

Anyone can make a boat, what gives it teeth is the sensor fusion and the weapon systems. In my humble opinion, I do not think BD has the technical base to produce this stuff in-house.

Good for BN congrats looks like nice ship after mod it will be good enough for BN enjoy guys :)

The probability of weapons placement,concept from BD military forum.....

15ge4n9.png

The Bangladesh Navy is all set to receive a Hamilton class cutter USCG Dallas (WHEC-716) from the USCG under the FMS program by 2012 or 2013. After arrival to Bangladesh the cutter will be upgraded to a guided missile frigate (equipped with 8 x C-802A SSM, FM-90N SAM, new generation torpedo, datalink and integrated combat suite.It was supposed to be given to Phillipines Navy but BD somehow managed to convince US.
It has been confirmed in the Manabzamin newspaper and in BD military forum.
General characteristics:

Displacement: 3,250 tons
Length: 378 ft (115 m)
Beam: 43 ft (13 m)
Draft: 15 ft (4.6 m)
Propulsion: Two diesel engines and two gas turbine engines
Speed: 29 knots (54 km/h)
Range: 14,000 mi (22,531 km)
Endurance: 45 days
Complement: 167 personnel
Sensors and
processing systems: AN/SPS-40 air-search radar
Armament: One OTO Melara MK-75 76mm gun, replacing the 5" gun, Two MK-38 25mm Machine gun system, Two MK 36 SRBOC systems, One Phalanx CIWS missile defense gun, along with multiple mounted M2HB .50cal machine guns and M240 7.62mm Machine guns.
a15o46.jpg
won't it carry any kind of helicopter????

Ok Hasina is doing a good job to our navy .. From two guided missile to five. Shows our economy is growing so fast! Just do not name them BNS KAMAL, JAMAL, RASEL.
lol bro.......

Its been confirmed last year that USCGC Rush would be given to Bangladesh Navy and now the USCGC Dallas which was supposed to be given to Phillipines Navy but later Bangladesh Navy grabbed it has come into limelight.According to bdmilitary,BN is most likely going for 2 USCG Cutters and there is another possibility BN might go for the remaining one USCGC JARVIS (WHEC 725)..

Here is the confirmation of getting the USCGC Rush.....

1zcn4t0.jpg

source-bdmilitary forum

that ship looks more like a cruise ship than a battle ship:smokin:

I hope it will have anti submarine capabilities as well.

that ship looks more like a cruise ship than a battle ship:smokin:

That is cos of the lower deck. Usually there is no open corridor on the lower deck

Back
Top Bottom