What's new

Bangladesh Navy

bcoz there is a technological gap of mover 2o years... the design,the tech,propulsion system,armament, and all other capabiliyies like diving depth,speed,endurance etc is much more superior.

type-209:
View attachment 33229

romeo:

View attachment 33230

Mesma is one of the most advanced system out there... originally designed for scorpene n agosta-90b..And in no way inferior but superior to sterling...As for a type 35 having an AIP... sounds like a joke... considering Chinas first sub to have AIP was the type 39!!! introduced in 2008!!

As of 2009, some nations have non-nuclear AIP submarines:
the French-Spanish Scorpène-class submarine (1,700 tonnes) (MESMA)
the Spanish S-80 class (2,400 tonnes) of the Spanish Navy
the German Type 209-1400mod (1,810 tonnes) (Fuel cell)
the German Type 212 submarine (1,830 tonnes) (Fuel cell) of the German Navy and Italian Navy
the German Type 214 (1,980 tonnes) (Fuel cell)
the Russian Project 677 Лада (Lada)
the Russian Project 1650 Амур (Amur)
the Japanese Asashio (2,750 tonnes) (Stirling AIP) of the Japan Maritime Self-Defense Force
the Japanese Sōryū class submarine (4,200 tonnes) (Stirling AIP) of the Japan Maritime Self-Defense Force
the Swedish Gotland class submarine (1,450 tonnes) (Stirling AIP) of the Swedish navy
the Swedish Södermanland class submarine (1,500 tonnes) (Stirling AIP) of the Swedish navy
Sweden is going to sell its remaining two Västergötland class submarines to the Republic of Singapore Navy after they have been refitted with Stirling AIP systems like the Södermanland class submarines.

the Chinese Type 041 Yuan class submarine (Stirling AIP) of the PLAN
Also several shipbuilders offer AIP upgrades for existing submarines:

German Nordseewerke (Closed-cycle diesel)
Sweden Kockums (Stirling), owned by German company ThyssenKrupp
Pakistan Agosta 90B class submarine Made with cooperation with France
French Scorpene made by French Company DCNS

MESMA® AIP System | DCNS

As of 2009, some nations have non-nuclear AIP submarines:

the French-Spanish Scorpène-class submarine (1,700 tonnes) (MESMA)
the Spanish S-80 class (2,400 tonnes) of the Spanish Navy
the German Type 209-1400mod (1,810 tonnes) (Fuel cell)
the German Type 212 submarine (1,830 tonnes) (Fuel cell) of the German Navy and Italian Navy
the German Type 214 (1,980 tonnes) (Fuel cell)
the Russian Project 677 Лада (Lada)
the Russian Project 1650 Амур (Amur)
the Japanese Asashio (2,750 tonnes) (Stirling AIP) of the Japan Maritime Self-Defense Force
the Japanese Sōryū class submarine (4,200 tonnes) (Stirling AIP) of the Japan Maritime Self-Defense Force
the Swedish Gotland class submarine (1,450 tonnes) (Stirling AIP) of the Swedish navy
the Swedish Södermanland class submarine (1,500 tonnes) (Stirling AIP) of the Swedish navy
Sweden is going to sell its remaining two Västergötland class submarines to the Republic of Singapore Navy after they have been refitted with Stirling AIP systems like the Södermanland class submarines.

the Chinese Type 041 Yuan class submarine (Stirling AIP) of the PLAN
Also several shipbuilders offer AIP upgrades for existing submarines:

German Nordseewerke (Closed-cycle diesel)
Sweden Kockums (Stirling), owned by German company ThyssenKrupp
Pakistan Agosta 90B class submarine Made with cooperation with France
French Scorpene made by French Company DCNS

Air-independent propulsion (AIP) is a term that encompasses technologies which allow a submarine to operate without the need to surface or use a snorkel to access atmospheric oxygen. The term usually excludes the use of nuclear power, and describes augmenting or replacing the diesel-electric propulsion system of non-nuclear vessels. The United States Navy uses the hull classification symbol "SSP" to designate boats powered by AIP, while retaining "SS" for classic diesel-electric attack submarines.[1]

AIP is usually implemented as an auxiliary source. Most such systems generate electricity which in turn drives an electric motor for propulsion or recharging the boat's batteries. The submarine's electrical system is also used to provide "hotel services"—ventilation, lighting, heating etc—although this consumes a small amount of power compared to that required for propulsion.

A benefit of this approach is that it can be retrofitted into existing submarine hulls by inserting an additional hull section. AIP does not normally provide the endurance or power to replace the atmospheric dependent propulsion, but allows it to remain submerged longer than a more conventionally propelled submarine. A typical conventional power plant will provide 3 megawatts maximum, and an AIP source around 10% of that. A nuclear submarine's propulsion plant is usually much greater than 20 megawatts.

You cite wiki and this is also from Wiki:

The primary weaponry for Type 035G is Yu-3 torpedo, and French sonar DUUX-5 and its Chinese built version were used on later units, 12 of which were completed between 1990 to 1999. The last unit with pennant number 308 was lengthened by 2 meters to add a section for AIP tests
Romeo-class submarine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also its engine is upgraded to 6E390ZC-2

You cite wiki and this is also from Wiki:

The primary weaponry for Type 035G is Yu-3 torpedo, and French sonar DUUX-5 and its Chinese built version were used on later units, 12 of which were completed between 1990 to 1999. The last unit with pennant number 308 was lengthened by 2 meters to add a section for AIP tests
Romeo-class submarine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also its engine is upgraded to 6E390ZC-2

OMG.. seriously brother? you think a rotting romeo is better than a type-209>???

OMG.. seriously brother? you think a rotting romeo is better than a type-209>???
I have done a comparison briefly, from which parameter you see type 209 is much better than type 035G?
comparing.png

I have done a comparison briefly, from which parameter you see type 209 is much better than type 035G?
View attachment 33254

Even according to this not so accurate graph.. type-209 is much superior..

Speed,range,diving capability... and type-209 has an AIP unlike type35.... Greek navys Okeanos sub has a seimens AIP.. probaby even the south korean ones aswell..

type-2009s sonar is also superior to the duux-5.

Also all type 209s have been upgraded with modern combat systems,sonars etc.. and are in use with greece,brazil,india,turkey,south korea n many more..

Even according to this not so accurate graph.. type-209 is much superior..

Speed,range,diving capability... and type-209 has an AIP unlike type35.... Greek navys Okeanos sub has a seimens AIP.. probaby even the south korean ones aswell..

type-2009s sonar is also superior to the duux-5.

Also all type 209s have been upgraded with modern combat systems,sonars etc.. and are in use with greece,brazil,india,turkey,south korea n many more..
First,speed,I have written it is with 6E390C, not 6E390EC-2
Second, range, also I have writtten it is original type 035 not type 035G
Third, dive, I have written 500 m for type 209 is maximum, not typical, it is an experimental parameter, not combat depth
Fourth, Greeks AIP project has cancelled, and south Korean one do not have

"After the Archimedes Project settlement was reached, it was decided that instead of upgrading the remaining two Type 209s, two additional Type 214 ships were to be ordered, but that deal was cancelled by Howaldtswerke-Deutsche Werft."

Parameter for type 035 is very hard to collect, have you read what I have written seriously?
Why do you say type 209 sonar is much better DUUX-5? do you know that type 035G have mid-life upgrade and should have upgraded sonar and combat system?

On the other hand, it is obviously type 035G have more torpedoes
type 209 is sold well just because: 1. The American side is much more powerful than the USSR side in cold war; 2. US did not develop conventional submarine after WWII,otherwise, most of the market of type 209 should belong to US.

By any chance does the 35G that BN is buying have the AIP system? Is there any any probability, because it seems only one sub of this type is fitted with the AIP?
I don't know actually, and I'm not sure how many have installed AIP

Last edited:
First,speed,I have written it is with 6E390C, not 6E390EC-2
Second, range, also I have writtten it is original type 035 not type 035G
Third, dive, I have written 500 m for type 209 is maximum, not typical, it is an experimental parameter, not combat depth
Fourth, Greeks AIP project has cancelled, and south Korean one do not have

"After the Archimedes Project settlement was reached, it was decided that instead of upgrading the remaining two Type 209s, two additional Type 214 ships were to be ordered, but that deal was cancelled by Howaldtswerke-Deutsche Werft."

Parameter for type 035 is very hard to collect, have you read what I have written seriously?
Why do you say type 209 sonar is much better DUUX-5? do you know that type 035G have mid-life upgrade and should have upgraded sonar and combat system?

On the other hand, it is obviously type 035G have more torpedoes

I don't now actually, and I'm not sure how many have installed AIP

Im done here man.. good for you.

Myanmar Navy VS Bangladesh Navy.jpg

correct info?

so only no. 308 has AIP? can we use yu-4 torpedo on ming?

View attachment 33396

correct info?

so only no. 308 has AIP? can we use yu-4 torpedo on ming?
incorrect in quite a few places..... obviously biased towards BD..... it shouldn't be placed like that.... the people in both military know the real stuff through their intel channels.... so, there's no point presenting such info.....

50s tech... diving mass coffins.. bd is screwed.

i am already tell them, Bangladesh Navy should get the best bang for the buck, and in my opinions the second hand of U-209 ex Turkish Navy. Not this oldies with rotten looking metal scraps. We all knows the standard maintenance and use of NATO countries, they are very strict and they had a better log book and maintenance schedule in which you can use them and learn it before buying second hand equipment from NATO member countries. My self is very doubt if China had those kind of standard maintenance for their subs before economic boom era in 90' to 2000's.

And for the AIP's, i don't wanna to see my brave sailor using unreliable test bed platform.

i am already tell them, Bangladesh Navy should get the best bang for the buck, and in my opinions the second hand of U-209 ex Turkish Navy. Not this oldies with rotten looking metal scraps. We all knows the standard maintenance and use of NATO countries, they are very strict and they had a better log book and maintenance schedule in which you can use them and learn it before buying second hand equipment from NATO member countries. My self is very doubt if China had those kind of standard maintenance for their subs before economic boom era in 90' to 2000's.

And for the AIP's, i don't wanna to see my brave sailor using unreliable test bed platform.

Dear Madam, we will stick with the Chinese for now, for strategic reasons. Its about building future relationships between two future military allies.

Back
Top Bottom