What's new

Bangladesh-Pakistan Defence Relations

What is called “small boat” here is actually high speed missile craft are vital for coastal defense and doctrine. Every navy with brown water (some blue water as well) profile has it. This is a cheap and fast way to make coastal deterrence. BN has and will have requirements for these types of boat for foreseeable future. Although we desperately need to get better one with better tech and missile systems.

As for defense budget and spending Bangladesh is way behind of Pakistan and lots of catching upto do. Bangladeshi and Pakistani GDP I think irrelevant in this discussion because regardless of GDP size (which may be close or getting closer) threat perception and requirements for Bangladesh and Pakistan are different. But we do face the same enemy.

Bangladesh has not built a frigate size ship but could do so in near future. But just building hull with engine does not mean anything for a warship. Armaments, sensors and other bells and whistles are most important and we do not have our own capability. Bangladesh and Pakistan can and probably does co operate in naval development and acquisition which is vital for future. Then again political cause and leaning will be big factor since Dec 29.

Yes these Fast boats are really useful.We can use them just as the Iran's revolutionary guards uses.

Bangladesh and Pakistan is already cooperating in building ships.We will just have to see if that continues.

Bangladesh has one other and most likely adversary,Myanmar.Chances of BD-Myanmar war is way more than BD-India war.

Yes these Fast boats are really useful.We can use them just as the Iran's revolutionary guards uses.

Bangladesh and Pakistan is already cooperating in building ships.We will just have to see if that continues.

Bangladesh has one other and most likely adversary,Myanmar.Chances of BD-Myanmar war is way more than BD-India war.
There will be no BD India war! Its just nonsense spread by someone without a proper day job. India is never a threat for BD I believe. The common enemy is Fundamentalism. We all are facing it, be it Muslim terrorists, or Hindu Terrorists.

There will be no BD India war! Its just nonsense spread by someone without a proper day job. India is never a threat for BD I believe. The common enemy is Fundamentalism. We all are facing it, be it Muslim terrorists, or Hindu Terrorists.

We can't entirely blow the probability.The war is possible if BJP and other extremist hindu parties come to power in India.However chances are still very less.
But can't say anything about border conflicts,they will happen.

We can't entirely blow the probability.The war is possible if BJP and other extremist hindu parties come to power in India.However chances are still very less.
But can't say anything about border conflicts,they will happen.

The BJP was in power for 5 years from 99-04. Didn't see any war. Trust me, India isn't interested in a war with Bangladesh. There simply isn't any strategic value.

It is good to hear that Pakistan and Bangladesh have good defence ties what has happened in the past has happened now we must look to the future and work as Brothers and become strong Nations, inshallah we will achieve it with God's blessing.

The BJP was in power for 5 years from 99-04. Didn't see any war. Trust me, India isn't interested in a war with Bangladesh. There simply isn't any strategic value.

I agree with you, India will inherit damages if she destroys Bangladesh. India will have sanctions from other nations, and the jihadis from Bangladesh will have an excuse to bomb India along with other rogue Islamists. But how come India doesn't step up and lift the ban on Bangladeshi products?

I agree with you, India will inherit damages if she destroys Bangladesh. India will have sanctions from other nations, and the jihadis from Bangladesh will have an excuse to bomb India along with other rogue Islamists. But how come India doesn't step up and lift the ban on Bangladeshi products?
ban on bangla products? please provide a link so that i can read and understand better.

?? where is it said that Bangla Products are banned??? Its a blog right not a news source! and It was reported before that Arab Channels are banned, but I get Al Jazeera and Saudi Channel 1 in India! Bangla channels need to fulfill some procedures before they can be aired! Come on, Indian channels are famous everywhere, its just a ploy by the Bangla tv channels to stop the entry on Indian channels!

Totally uncalled for... False fears...
India can have no reason to destroy Bangladesh.

About the ban...
I don't think any ban exists. If a channel applies with the government, they can broadcast even collecting user charges. Many channels in India are paid.
I think the reason why you don't see many Bangladesh channels in India is because the cable operators all over India cannot provide too many channels to customers. After all they manage the network very locally with few dishes. And there are already too many Indian channels to choose from.
With the entry of DTH in India, I think you will see more Bangla channels in India.

Also there are too many languages in India. Cable operators try to cover most languages especially in urban areas. So they can provide less of other channels.
In Bangladesh all they can have is Bangla and English channels(You may want to correct me on this). So they get to see Hindi and Indian channels.

Bangladesh is our stategick partner. And a reliable friend... Same is the Case for China and Sirilanka..

Also there are too many languages in India. Cable operators try to cover most languages especially in urban areas. So they can provide less of other channels.
In Bangladesh all they can have is Bangla and English channels(You may want to correct me on this). So they get to see Hindi and Indian channels.

No, in Bangladesh we get Bangla (Bangaldeshi/Indian), English, Hindi(Indian), Urdu(pakistan), Arabic(KSA and other dont know). Farsi(Iran), German, Italian, Spanish, Russians.. Sometimes we could even get to see some south indian and srilankan TV.

Totally uncalled for... False fears...
India can have no reason to destroy Bangladesh.

About the ban...
I don't think any ban exists. If a channel applies with the government, they can broadcast even collecting user charges. Many channels in India are paid.
I think the reason why you don't see many Bangladesh channels in India is because the cable operators all over India cannot provide too many channels to customers. After all they manage the network very locally with few dishes. And there are already too many Indian channels to choose from.
With the entry of DTH in India, I think you will see more Bangla channels in India.

Wrong... BD channels have huge demand in Calcutta and other NE states.. These were categorically discouraged...
Other BD products, India always plays cat and mouse games. Like they say you can export, but in NE indian importer was barred to open LC to BD. Also Indian Government put anti dumping on BD products. They also put some testing criteria (intentionally) to discourage BD imports. Indian government also never allowed until recently, Bangladeshi investment in India. If you were a businessman you will know how hard it is to export in India..

The only reason India does not say You Cant Export is that Bangladesh Import 3 Billion dollar worth of goods from India even though they are mostly essential items like spices and raw materials..

Last edited:
Wrong... BD channels have huge demand in Calcutta and other NE states.. These were categorically discouraged...
Other BD products, India always plays cat and mouse games. Like they say you can export, but in NE indian importer was barred to open LC to BD. Also Indian Government put anti dumping on BD products. They also put some testing criteria (intentionally) to discourage BD imports. Indian government also never allowed until recently, Bangladeshi investment in India. If you were a businessman you will know how hard it is to export in India..

The only reason India does not say You Cant Export is that Bangladesh Import 3 Billion dollar worth of goods from India even though they are mostly essential items like spices and raw materials..

Can't wait to see the day when that $3 billion in exports to BD becomes $3 million; it'll hurt some significant companies in India. More and more industries in Bangladesh are opening up and people would rather buy local cheap materials then import them from India.

Back
Top Bottom