What's new

Bangladesh-Pakistan Defence Relations

Mig 29 is a better choice, but let me remind you all that Inducting a 4th Gen aircraft is easy but maintaining it is hard. The Iraqis bought Mig 29s but they failed miserable because of bad Infrastructure and Poor Pilot training. There should be a coherent approach towards the policies. Slow and steady wins the race. Since you guys already operate Mig 29s it will be all the easier to go for it and Improve on it.

Thanks for your kind advice.:)
"In order to earn something, you have to sweat"
And you know, Bangladesh has got many talented pilots who had topped the result on the training in foreign countries such as Turkey and so on...
Yea, we are operating of about 16 Mig-29s and Insha-Allah the number would increase in a vast way...:)

Yeah I have heard about Bangladeshi Pilots Skill in Wars with India before you Got Independence from Pakistan. I am sure your Pilots will be formidable in the Mig 29s!

Yeah I have heard about Bangladeshi Pilots Skill in Wars with India before you Got Independence from Pakistan. I am sure your Pilots will be formidable in the Mig 29s!

Thanks bro...:)
You seem to be the first Indian talking for the possibility of Bangladesh...:)

Thanks bro...:)
You seem to be the first Indian talking for the possibility of Bangladesh...:)
No Bro, Indians like and Respect Bangladesh, You must have met some Crackpot Idiotic Hindutva guys. No one likes them here also! hahahahah I dont have many Bangladeshi Friends, the only contact I have with Bangladesh is through a good friend of mine, she is an actress in Bangladesh, Alisha Pradhan. After I read some posts of Bangladeshi guys here, I thought you all hate India very much, but she told me that Bangladeshis love and respect India.

I feel you should not fall for false news like India will attack Bangladesh etc etc. India will never do it, because its got no problems with you guys and the Govt Of Bangladesh is co-operative in matters regarding extradition of terrorists etc. I say, LET THERE BE FRIENDSHIP!

Possession of the Bangladesh Air Force:

3 Bell 206L LongRanger
12 Bell 212
4 C-130B Hercules
4 Cessna 152
2 Cessna 337F
12 Cessna T-37B
22 Chengdu F-7MG/F-7M
7 Chengdu FT-7B
8 L-39ZA Albatros
12 Nanchang A-5C Fantan
36 Nanchang CJ-6
10 Shenyang FT-6 (MiG-19)
3 An-26
3 An-32
15 Mi-17
6 MiG-29
2 MiG-29UB

Beside Mig-29, i think the BAF should also go for some F-16 which is already in the possession of the PAF...

Possession of the Bangladesh Air Force:

3 Bell 206L LongRanger
12 Bell 212
4 C-130B Hercules
4 Cessna 152
2 Cessna 337F
12 Cessna T-37B
22 Chengdu F-7MG/F-7M
7 Chengdu FT-7B
8 L-39ZA Albatros
12 Nanchang A-5C Fantan
36 Nanchang CJ-6
10 Shenyang FT-6 (MiG-19)
3 An-26
3 An-32
15 Mi-17
6 MiG-29
2 MiG-29UB

Beside Mig-29, i think the BAF should also go for some F-16 which is already in the possession of the PAF...

Very true but i dont know if that will happen why doesnt BAF try for jf-17 or is it already?? :cheers:

I think Bangladesh would do better to buy more of what it really needs, like helicopters to move troops and rescue people from cyclones instead of fighter jets.

I think Bangladesh would do better to buy more of what it really needs, like helicopters to move troops and rescue people from cyclones instead of fighter jets.

We need both.BD operates Mi-17 and every year they are procuring more for UN missions.It is true without USA's helicopters and amphibious ships it would be much harder to rescue cyclone SIDR victims.
We need fighter jets as well,just recently we almost had a war with myanmar over territorial dispute.So,both are needed.

Rawalpindi , October 21: General Moeen U Ahmed, Chief of Army Staff Bangladesh Army who is on a six day official visit to Pakistan, visited General Headquarters today and called on the Chief of Army Staff, General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani. Both sides agreed to enhance their existing level of defence relationship. They also discussed strategic issues to develop common understanding.
Earlier, on arrival at General Headquarters, General Moeen U Ahmed was presented a guard of honour. He reviewed the parade and took salute from the smartly turned out contingent of Pakistan Army.
Having no credibility behind his name and not leading a single war, MUA doesn’t even deserve to be a high ranking army officer let alone COAS. If Mir Shiraz had made the biggest mistake in eighteen century by electing MIR JAFAR as his General then KHALEDA had done worse for Muslims in BD in 20th century. His smile and smooth talk with G. Kayani only reflects his DECEPTIVE MENTALITY for PR tactics. Taking all the advantages from BNP led GOVT and then facilitating to arrest 400,000 of its supporters; he not only has back stabbed patriotic forces but also has surpassed MIR JAFAR by many extents. Unless PAK or any other Muslim army liberates Muslims from BD land then their fates will be like Palestinians soon (::Welcome to Daily Naya Diganta::). So, any defence pact with him under RAWAMY LEAGUE will be digging own grave yards by GOP and the people of PAK.

Last edited:
Having no credibility behind his name and not leading a single war, MUA doesn’t even deserve to be a high ranking army officer let alone COAS. If Mir Shiraz had made the biggest mistake in eighteen century by electing MIR JAFAR as his General then KHALEDA had done worse for Muslims in BD in 20th century. His smile and smooth talk with G. Kayani only reflects his DECEPTIVE MENTALITY for PR tactics. Taking all the advantages from BNP led GOVT and then facilitating to arrest 400,000 of its supporters; he not only has back stabbed patriotic forces but also has surpassed MIR JAFAR by many extents. Unless PAK or any other Muslim army liberates Muslims from BD land then their fates will be like Palestinians soon (::Welcome to Daily Naya Diganta::). So, any defence pact with him under RAWAMY LEAGUE will be digging own grave yards by GOP and the people of PAK.
What are u??? I just dont get it. You got Liberated in 71 and again you want to be Liberated??? That too by Pakistan? I thought you broke away from them, why join them now? lol

We need both.BD operates Mi-17 and every year they are procuring more for UN missions.It is true without USA's helicopters and amphibious ships it would be much harder to rescue cyclone SIDR victims.
We need fighter jets as well,just recently we almost had a war with myanmar over territorial dispute.So,both are needed.

I think it is better to go for Mig-29 as Hasina said rather than JF-17...

I think it is better to go for Mig-29 as Hasina said rather than JF-17...
Mig 29 is a better choice anyday, Provided BD will have to invest in Good Training and Infrastructure. Since BD already has many celebrated Pilots, I am sure flying is in ur blood! God Speed

bangladesh spends $840 million,per year its whole defence budget and now you can see what shuld shere of new waipens i think more then 200mn for new waipens for all forces.its mean BD need some small but very efective waipens with cost efective.not to buaild frigetes or distroyers.

lmao! where did you get that information? For your information they spend A LOT more. I have high-ranking family members in the military... and well, let's just say Bangladeshi Military keeps a lot of things hidden away. We don't need to show the world all our weapons. There's a lot of things they do behind the scenes in Bangladesh and they don't want the world to know what they do, or how much they spend, or what they are capable of.

You will find that out in next 5 years when there is a big possibility that BD economy will surpass PAK economy.

It's in the process of happening now, the Bangladeshi taka is worth more than the Pakistani rupee. Check it out on Yahoo Finance.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom