What's new

Bangladesh-Pakistan Defence Relations

"Al zarrar level" is an upgrade for chinese type 59 tanks, not 79. Bangladesh has upgraded A-5c. I am not sure if Bangladesh would want Pakistan's A-5c's, if they want more A-5c in the first place... Bangladesh should look for better air crafts. It was close to buying Su-27, only for politicians it had to settle for Chengdu F-7 I think.

If Bangladesh feels threatened from India, what is use of those Aircraft that Pakistan is itself leaving out. If BD can hold on to SU-27, it must do so. Building pile of scrap would not be an answer to Indian MKI.

I am sorry that you felt that way with Bangladeshi and my appology for that. If you look at this forum even casually, you will change your mind. Most of the Bangladeshi, we take pakistani as our brother too.
Just see the reaction of Pakistani player when they play in Bangladesh. For them it is felt like playing in Pakistan.
I believe that speak for the Bangladeshi.

How do "all" Bangladeshis in this forum represent Bangladesh? 20-30 Bangladeshis in a Pakistan defence forum speak for over 150 million Bangladeshis?? Did you just say that to make Black blood happy? I hope you did otherwise it would be a bad joke. The reason for Bangladeshis supporting pakistan cricket team has nothing to do with the love of pakistan. Most Bangladeshis are Argentina's fan in soccer. Does that mean they love Argentina as a country or support what their government do? and what is this matter of loving one country more than other ?! isnt that childish??? the only war Bangladesh had was with Pakistan and why would Bangladesh love Pakistan more than other neighboring countries?!!

Muslims in Bangladesh do not make fun of another muslim's sufferings anywhere in the world. But Pakistanis laugh about Bangladeshi muslims suffering from natural disasters as they always did. When there was earthquake in northern pakistan, Bangladeshi muslims joined pakistanis in north america to raise funds for those poor people. but Bangladeshis dont crack jokes about muslims getting killed in the jumma prayer at a masjid in NWFP! It was me who was more sad than my pakistani frnds here. None of them was speaking about it cause they were ashamed of these things happening in their country. I know so many awami league supporters who support pakistan cricket team and are fans of wasim akram or waqar younis. Younis or Wasim or hanif Mohammad or Imran Khan have fan in india too! how could one sum up Bangladeshis' "one way unconditional love" towards pakistan from the love of a sport and some legendary sports personalities???

Last edited:
Nobody can deny that there are pro Indian elements in BD govt and politics. But if we help BD in building its military those elements will automatically turn pro Pakistani.

Nobody can deny that there are pro Indian elements in BD govt and politics. But if we help BD in building its military those elements will automatically turn pro Pakistani.

There is no rule that a pro indian cant be a pro pakistani at the same time. This is not mutually exclusive. There are plenty of them in this category or I could say majority of them.

I think , There should'nt be any Joint development with BD ,because we lack a thing called Trust!

we do have a good relationship with BD and i personally regard them as my Brothers , But unfortunately i have less often received that kind of treatment from them on many occasions .

They lean towards Indians and feel more closer to them than Pakistanies , i have seen them Cracking jokes about Situation in Pakistan and Specially they are intrested in Baluchistan too much!!

I could'nt understand anything else apart from the fact that they enjoyed the Chaos and Bloodshed in Pakistan. I never heard anything sympathetic from them but Whishpers and Mean comments, i dont know why i always carried a feeling that in any war senario they would'nt stand with us!

But, I do hope that we may forget the past and move forward and reach to a point where we can Put Bangladesh in our favour.

Regards::pakistan:
There are some BD people who would make a wise smile at the plights of what Pakistan is facing every day. In some other forums I have also seen people forecasting the date of demise of Pakistan, as if it will be a great achievement of Bangladesh. Again, there are also some retarded BD people who would discard their own country Bangladesh to join with Pakistan.

Yet, there are other people who would like to see a prosperous and industrially vibrant Pakistan. People who understand geopolitics would agree that BD's own national security partially depends upon the economic as well as military strength of Pakistan. A weak or divided Pakistan is a recipe for making BD a puppet of its big neighbour.

However, Pakistan has forgotten that a country's military strength depends upon its economic strength. It has also mismanaged the country and now the result is the rise of Talibanism. The Taliban leaders who are fighting the Pakistan govt troops are certainly sponsored by India. Otherwise, who is financing these 20,000 Taliban troops?

While Pakistan has sponsored one group of Taliban to go fight in Afghanistan, yet another group is now being sponsored by India to destabilize and dismantle Pakistan from within. I shudder with worry with a scenerio when Pakistan is controlled by these Indian proxies.

India tries itself to be a little nice towards BD. But, a weakened Pakistan will take away the mask India is now wearing. Will India take over BD? Not necessarily. They will keep the BD snake alive, but will take away its poison tooth. This thing they tried during 1972 to 1975, but failed to achieve the goal. The result was political killings in 1975.

So, BD population must not dream of the demise of Pakistan. Rather, they should seek mutual cooperation. However, before Pakistan can make real military contribution to BD, it must get rid of all the extremist elements including those who operate wars against the govt in Kabul.

About Baluchistan, the govt of Pakistan must find out the truth why Baluchis are unhappy. There will be a problem in the future, if Pakistan govt does not distribute wealth equally. Indian hand is already there to inflame the situation. But, why to blame India when your own govt is responsible to alienate the Baluchis?

How do "all" Bangladeshis in this forum represent Bangladesh? 20-30 Bangladeshis in a Pakistan defence forum speak for over 150 million Bangladeshis?? Did you just say that to make Black blood happy? I hope you did otherwise it would be a bad joke. The reason for Bangladeshis supporting pakistan cricket team has nothing to do with the love of pakistan. Most Bangladeshis are Argentina's fan in soccer. Does that mean they love Argentina as a country or support what their government do? and what is this matter of loving one country more than other ?! isnt that childish??? the only war Bangladesh had was with Pakistan and why would Bangladesh love Pakistan more than other neighboring countries?!!

Muslims in Bangladesh do not make fun of another muslim's sufferings anywhere in the world. But Pakistanis laugh about Bangladeshi muslims suffering from natural disasters as they always did. When there was earthquake in northern pakistan, Bangladeshi muslims joined pakistanis in north america to raise funds for those poor people. but Bangladeshis dont crack jokes about muslims getting killed in the jumma prayer at a masjid in NWFP! It was me who was more sad than my pakistani frnds here. None of them was speaking about it cause they were ashamed of these things happening in their country. I know so many awami league supporters who support pakistan cricket team and are fans of wasim akram or waqar younis. Younis or Wasim or hanif Mohammad or Imran Khan have fan in india too! how could one sum up Bangladeshis' "one way unconditional love" towards pakistan from the love of a sport and some legendary sports personalities???

Your attitute towards pakistan does not represent bangladeshi either. Say whatever suit your tong.

Your attitute towards pakistan does not represent bangladeshi either. Say whatever suit your tong.

Well in India we always take Bangladeshis as our brothers, and there is no pressure on BD of any kind, BD is free to take her own decisions BD is a sovereign country free to consider any country as her friend or enemy. If someone thinks that India puts any pressure on BD about Pakistan then he is wrong. :coffee:

Well in India we always take Bangladeshis as our brothers, and there is no pressure on BD of any kind, BD is free to take her own decisions BD is a sovereign country free to consider any country as her friend or enemy. If someone thinks that India puts any pressure on BD about Pakistan then he is wrong. :coffee:

Hello Chauhan. Unfortunately, in case of india things are little bit different than the ideal. In Bangladesh official foreign policy it says friendship to all and mallice to non and bangladesh can some how follow that upto some point as it is a small country in the neighborhood.

India has considerable influence and to some good extent extend its grip to its small neighbor and there are big mistrust exist between this two neighbor. Continuing military assistant by china and pakistan to bangladesh is not comfortable for india. Even though bangladesh defence budget is less than1/10 of india and % of GDP wise it is one of the lowest in the world. On the other hand, Bangladesh or any of the small south asian neighbor never raised any voice regarding india going to nuclear and its military might which put us really uncomfortable. But india has always raised eyebrow when ever BD or Nepal bought any arms even the very basic defensive arms.

There are big mistrust between BD and india. Do not take me wrong.
but it is suppose to be the big neighbor who should assure its small neighbor and not the other way.

dear members from bd and pk i wish that PK and BD strat joint producation it is better for both
join the submarin or fighter's or traner's specialy tank's

need you'r opnion

It will take at least 20 more years or more.As Bangladesh does not have the technology or the infrastructure or the funding to go for submarine or Fighters.In fact we don't even have a sub till now,we are due to be getting our first subs within a few years inshallah.

About tanks,it is possible,as Bangladesh have some experience on this and off course Pakistan has the experience and knowledge with Al-Khalids.

dear members from bd and pk i wish that PK and BD strat joint producation it is better for both
join the submarin or fighter's or traner's specialy tank's

need you'r opnion

Instead of going all out, I think BD and PK should concentrate on a feasible concrete project first which can be usefull for both the country. I dont think submarines and fighters are good option at this moment because neither country can throw big enough orders which could make those project financially viable. I would rather stick to smaller arms, artileries and shorter range missiles. There is a big scope in Navy as well.

It will take at least 20 more years or more.As Bangladesh does not have the technology or the infrastructure or the funding to go for submarine or Fighters.In fact we don't even have a sub till now,we are due to be getting our first subs within a few years inshallah.

About tanks,it is possible,as Bangladesh have some experience on this and off course Pakistan has the experience and knowledge with Al-Khalids.

you sad BD have no experience that's why i wish it is the need of time without wasting time if BD take intrest i hope PK welcome to BD joint productaion in PAKISTAN

( i wish to see BD strong inshallah) and vist to bd

sorry a bit off topic but do most bengali people (especially the adults) really dislike pakitsan? b/c i have a lot of bengali friends here in nyc which dont dislike pakistanis b/c they have been raised here but whenever i go to their houses their parents ask is if im pakistani.. and once my friends dad said this right in my face "there are 2 types of ppl in pakistan; the extremely religious ones and the thugs who will do anything for money"

2 types of ppl in pakistan; the extremely religious ones and the thugs who will do anything for money"

Well if it's true for Pakistan than same in Bangladesh. Don't worry about the older generation. They are goner. It's up to us new generation to build a brotherly relation between Bd and pak...

:cheers:

Well if it's true for Pakistan than same in Bangladesh. Don't worry about the older generation. They are goner. It's up to us new generation to build a brotherly relation between Bd and pak...

:cheers:

Don't forget about India my friend :cheers:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom