What's new

Bangladesh-Pakistan Defence Relations

Are there any risks associated with selling defence products to B.D.?
IMO, B.D. is in similar situation as of Pakistan that its civilian leadership is engineered by axis of evil and they are under indian superemacy but again attempts are being made to make Pakistan subserviant to foreign states.

The risk risk associated with selling defence products such as aircraft or missile will be they will end up directly in Indian Hands.

The risk risk associated with selling defence products such as aircraft or missile will be they will end up directly in Indian Hands.

Well mr. student, why not stop trolling and throwing one liners. Its really much more fun if you get involved in a constructive discussion.:cheers:

Well mr. student, why not stop trolling and throwing one liners. Its really much more fun if you get involved in a constructive discussion.:cheers:

Well Mr iajdani stop acting like you are a MOD here. My point is there is no need for pakistan to do any joint military development with BD because they are more closely associated with india than Pakistan and any such cooperation will lead to leaking of secrets to the Indians that we cannot afford at any price.

student has a point. the awami league or whatever are extremely pro-india, and any technology sold to BD will end up being scrutinized by indians in no time. we can sell them some low-tech items though and make some money off their desperation for arms.

Pakistan has sold Bangladesh a system which combines the data from all radars and shows it on a screen...it was even displayed at IDEAS 2008.

Well Mr iajdani stop acting like you are a MOD here. My point is there is no need for pakistan to do any joint military development with BD because they are more closely associated with india than Pakistan and any such cooperation will lead to leaking of secrets to the Indians that we cannot afford at any price.
Why do you think it is not necessary for Pakistan to go for any joint development of military hardwares with BD? Is it because, the technology will go to India? The reality is, had our relationship with India was so good, then we would not need any such equipments.

Last edited:
My point is there is no need for pakistan to do any joint military development with BD because they are more closely associated with india than Pakistan and any such cooperation will lead to leaking of secrets to the Indians that we cannot afford at any price.

Well we are building small attack boat with Pakistani help as we speak. If bd was close with India than how is that Pakistan helping us to strengthen our military? :coffee:

Pakistan has sold Bangladesh a system which combines the data from all radars and shows it on a screen...it was even displayed at IDEAS 2008.

Is it called C4ISR?I have read about it recently.

Last edited:
Pak sold spare parts of F-6 (Nanchang -6) in 2000 n 2002.
I also heard PAF will offer Nanchang A-5 Fantan (Q 5) to BD or Srilanka next year when the 2 sqd of JF-17 will be up.

BD already have 10 - 14 Nanchang A-5 Fantan with same config as PAF have.

Pakistan also helped BD tu upgrade their old type79 tanks to alzarar level.

Reference link : - bangladesh plans major defence purchases

Good oppertunity to deal with Pak

Pak sold spare parts of F-6 (Nanchang -6) in 2000 n 2002.
I also heard PAF will offer Nanchang A-5 Fantan (Q 5) to BD or Srilanka next year when the 2 sqd of JF-17 will be up.

BD already have 10 - 14 Nanchang A-5 Fantan with same config as PAF have.

Pakistan also helped BD tu upgrade their old type79 tanks to alzarar level.

Reference link : - bangladesh plans major defence purchases

Good oppertunity to deal with Pak

"Al zarrar level" is an upgrade for chinese type 59 tanks, not 79. Bangladesh has upgraded A-5c. I am not sure if Bangladesh would want Pakistan's A-5c's, if they want more A-5c in the first place... Bangladesh should look for better air crafts. It was close to buying Su-27, only for politicians it had to settle for Chengdu F-7 I think.

I think , There should'nt be any Joint development with BD ,because we lack a thing called Trust!

we do have a good relationship with BD and i personally regard them as my Brothers , But unfortunately i have less often received that kind of treatment from them on many occasions .

They lean towards Indians and feel more closer to them than Pakistanies , i have seen them Cracking jokes about Situation in Pakistan and Specially they are intrested in Baluchistan too much!!

I could'nt understand anything else apart from the fact that they enjoyed the Chaos and Bloodshed in Pakistan . I never heard anything sympathetic from them but Whishpers and Mean comments , i dont know why i always carried a feeling that in any war senario they would'nt stand with us!

But

I do hope that we may forget the past and move forward and reach to a point where we can Put Bangladesh in our favour.

Regards::pakistan:

Well we are building small attack boat with Pakistani help as we speak. If bd was close with India than how is that Pakistan helping us to strengthen our military? :coffee:

Man seriously we want to see you Stronger , but you must except the element which lies in your countrymen and leans them towards Indians.
Pakistan and BD must develop trust and then move on to a strategic partnership .
Even i would say BD should allow PAF to fly from there and have an Airbase.

In any war sanario BD should stand with Pakistan and provide assistance.

Powerfull BD is in our favour.
regards:

I think , There should'nt be any Joint development with BD ,because we lack a thing called Trust!

we do have a good relationship with BD and i personally regard them as my Brothers , But unfortunately i have less often received that kind of treatment from them on many occasions .

They lean towards Indians and feel more closer to them than Pakistanies , i have seen them Cracking jokes about Situation in Pakistan and Specially they are intrested in Baluchistan too much!!

I could'nt understand anything else apart from the fact that they enjoyed the Chaos and Bloodshed in Pakistan . I never heard anything sympathetic from them but Whishpers and Mean comments , i dont know why i always carried a feeling that in any war senario they would'nt stand with us!

But

I do hope that we may forget the past and move forward and reach to a point where we can Put Bangladesh in our favour.

Regards::pakistan:

I am sorry that you felt that way with Bangladeshi and my appology for that. If you look at this forum even casually, you will change your mind. Most of the Bangladeshi, we take pakistani as our brother too.
Just see the reaction of Pakistani player when they play in Bangladesh. For them it is felt like playing in Pakistan.
I believe that speak for the Bangladeshi.

Man seriously we want to see you Stronger , but you must except the element which lies in your countrymen and leans them towards Indians.
Pakistan and BD must develop trust and then move on to a strategic partnership .
Even i would say BD should allow PAF to fly from there and have an Airbase.

In any war sanario BD should stand with Pakistan and provide assistance.

Powerfull BD is in our favour.
regards:

I do agree that there is a segment in our population in love with hindus for some unexplain phenamena. We have come a long way and Insh'allah will get better over time. Do not be discuraged by left leaning politician. Armed force of Bd is islamic influenced so are the idology of Bd.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But

Regards:

No saint bangladeshi muslim would be happy about the situation in Pak. We cry when you guys cry, we laugh when you laugh. Do not be discuraged by some low life malaun minded scum that idendify them self as muslim.

At the end, a weaker pakistan means a weaker bd as well. So it our desire that Pakistan stay strong and united Insh'Allah. :tup:

Back
Top Bottom