What's new

Bangladesh seeks India`s help to set up nuclear reactor

Okie. Sorry to disturb you. By the way what do you study? Can you tell me in detail... I wanted to be your friend I am sure you won't mind it in any way.
dear brother,i am an electronics,instrumetation and control engineer,i do research in radar engineering and reactor engineering(two very different topics)...:-)...i would be glad to talk to you...:-)

What is thorium based fast breeder reactor? Please explain. Sir.
dear friend,well,a FBR is simply a type of nuclear reactor using,either pu-ur,or th-ur cycles,to generate more fissile materials(The FBR program of India includes the concept of using fertile thorium-232 to breed fissile uranium-233).,indian FBR has a doubling time of 8-10 years which means it can produce the amount of fuel it consumed in next 8years,this is known as "breeding".it means it can generate more fissile material than it consumes.In principle, breeder fuel cycles can recycle and consume all actinides, leaving only fission products. So, after several hundred years, the waste's radioactivity drops to the low level of the long-lived fission products. If the fuel reprocessing process used for the fuel cycle leaves actinides in its final waste stream, this advantage is reduced.

Deal has already been signed between Russia and Bangladesh, we will get 2x 1000mw reactors, we are also looking for help from South Korea and China for additional reactors/tech. The Bangladesh government is not and will not buy nuclear tech from India as these are considered strategic assets.

I think BD has requested this reactor from Russia and I think they should go for 5 of the 325 MW reactors out of which four of these could remain operational and when the routine maintenance of the first one will come then the fifth one could become operational. This is the way followed with power plants.
well,i dont know what kind of reactors,BD has asked from russia,but if it VVER-1000,then itz gonna be too costly for BD,and in my opinion,BD should rather go for india's 700MWe PHWR,because,of proximity to india(it will save shipment cost of various subsystems,like turbines,tubes,etc)

---------- Post added at 05:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:01 PM ----------

Deal has already been signed between Russia and Bangladesh, we will get 2x 1000mw reactors, we are also looking for help from South Korea and China for additional reactors/tech. The Bangladesh government is not and will not buy nuclear tech from India as these are considered strategic assets.
well,sir,in any case,indian 700MWe,PHWR,will save BD a lotta $$$,believe me coz,i know what it takes to fully comission a reactor

Sorry I think you misunderstood, Bangladesh has a unwritten policy not to buy strategic and defence assets from India, regardless of how good or cheap the products are. Our key weapon and strategic equipment suppliers are Russia when AL are in power and China when BNP are in power, as for affording, we can now easily afford these reactors and are considering two more from South Korea (neutral).

I am sure India has good tech in the nuclear field, but no Bangladesh gov even pro India AL, will risk public outrage, buying reactor tech from India, (sorry to say from recent experience, people don't trust our big neighbour).

The reason Bangladesh won't purchase any reactors from India anytime soon is simple, think what would happen if we did, we would be held to ransom from India to tow the line or they withhold support, plus India is in no position to supply fuel, which comes with Russian reactors.

Hope this answers some of your questions, and now we can close this OLD thread, please.

The reason Bangladesh won't purchase any reactors from India anytime soon is simple, think what would happen if we did, we would be held to ransom from India to tow the line or they withhold support, plus India is in no position to supply fuel, which comes with Russian reactors.

Hope this answers some of your questions, and now we can close this OLD thread, please.
well,sir,i think you dont know about NFC(nuclear fuel complex)
Nuclear Fuel Complex - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
,it can very well supply the Ur-Zr fuel assemblies to BD,if BD decides to purchase the reactors,and BD will be benefitted more,if it decides to purchase indian FBR,because india is the only country in thee world which has constructed a 550MWe plant...NFC facility in karnatka,can produce enough thorium fuel bundles for 550MWe FBR

Sorry I think you misunderstood, Bangladesh has a unwritten policy not to buy strategic and defence assets from India, regardless of how good or cheap the products are. Our key weapon and strategic equipment suppliers are Russia when AL are in power and China when BNP are in power, as for affording, we can now easily afford these reactors and are considering two more from South Korea (neutral).

I am sure India has good tech in the nuclear field, but no Bangladesh gov even pro India AL, will risk public outrage, buying reactor tech from India, (sorry to say from recent experience, people don't trust our big neighbour).
sir,well if this is the matter,then perhaps,BD will have to pay more to russia and korea...when BD can simply ask NPCIL to install,700MWe PHWRs or 550MWe FBRs,at much affordable price,
do you know all the key components,like turbines,tubes,pressurizers,pumps will all have to be imported from russia,which will cost dearly to BD,but instead,this all can be saved if BD goes for indian reactor units(i am purely writing here from economical point of view,i hate to get political)...i mean in this era of mega economies and globalization,how can one country afford to be aloof and prefer NOT to trade with other?

sir,well if this is the matter,then perhaps,BD will have to pay more to russia and korea...when BD can simply ask NPCIL to install,700MWe PHWRs or 550MWe FBRs,at much affordable price,
do you know all the key components,like turbines,tubes,pressurizers,pumps will all have to be imported from russia,which will cost dearly to BD,but instead,this all can be saved if BD goes for indian reactor units(i am purely writing here from economical point of view,i hate to get political)...i mean in this era of mega economies and globalization,how can one country afford to be aloof and prefer NOT to trade with other?

When strategic maters such as nuclear power plants are discussed, they are rarely devoid of political and strategic consideration. But as I have already explained, we consider India a potential threat/bully, what ever you want to call it, so no gov in Bangladesh would want to risk endangering the national security buy buying these tech frm India. We would only go to china, Russia, France, south Korea etc, but not India for these items.

Let me give you a simple example, you would love to buy gas from Iran, but the most cost effective route would be to build a pipeline through Pakistan, but this will never happen as then furring tensions, India runs the risk of the supply being cut. Same with us buying anything from India we risk, supply and support being with held. More over India is a net importer of uranium, and is not able to supply the fuel over the duration of the plant life.

As for importing, whether it's from India or Russia, it's still importing, just the difference is price and quality.

When strategic maters such as nuclear power plants are discussed, they are rarely devoid of political and strategic consideration. But as I have already explained, we consider India a potential threat/bully, what ever you want to call it, so no gov in Bangladesh would want to risk endangering the national security buy buying these tech frm India. We would only go to china, Russia, France, south Korea etc, but not India for these items.

Let me give you a simple example, you would love to buy gas from Iran, but the most cost effective route would be to build a pipeline through Pakistan, but this will never happen as then furring tensions, India runs the risk of the supply being cut. Same with us buying anything from India we risk, supply and support being with held. More over India is a net importer of uranium, and is not able to supply the fuel over the duration of the plant life.

As for importing, whether it's from India or Russia, it's still importing, just the difference is price and quality.
damiendehron bhai plz let the thread die here, it's pointless to continue, we already signed the deal with Russians.

Ok ok fine I won't comment, I was commenting because I love reactor engineering...I just wanted to discuss about reactors, thats it...:)

Please Could any Indian members confirm this that back in 2007 we were building reactors that could produce only 200Mw power now we can build reactors that can produce more than 700Mw:P??
and back in those days we were using:woot: MATLAB in IBM-PC :disagree:and hopefully infrastructure has improved a lot by now ??

Just for the matter of personal gratification and pride he he :D

Please Could any Indian members confirm this that back in 2007 we were building reactors that could produce only 200Mw power now we can build reactors that can produce more than 700Mw:P??
and back in those days we were using:woot: MATLAB in IBM-PC :disagree:and hopefully infrastructure has improved a lot by now ??

Just for the matter of personal gratification and pride he he :D
Back then we were completing TAPS-3,4, i.e indigenous,550 MWe PWR power plants, and now we are doing 700 mwe reactors

Back
Top Bottom