What's new

Bangladesh Sizes Up Typhoons for Fighter Requirement

Good comment. But as we all know, stance mainly needs to be defensive, yet excellently so, using top quality assets and well-positioned.
If i were the BAF chief, i would arrange 3 task force to handle india.

Task Force 1

Mission: Destroy IAF Radars and air bases

Task Force 2

Mission: Destroy Key Highways and railways to distrupt supply chain

Task Force 3

Mission: Destroy Indian Army bases and target key leaders in Eastern Command.

For the Equipment Its up to the air force to think and decide which weapons can be effective and cost less live to take on the task.

Jf-17 is designed to work in a strike package, with AWACS and other network support. If properly employed, Typhoons will lose lit bit advantage it has in aerial combat.

It will see PL-15 coming out of nowhere.

So is Typhoon.

The upcoming brank new Mk. 2 AESA radar would more likely "blind" the JF-17 Block 3.

Again, we are talking about a whole new level of capability with the latest UK version of the Typhoon.

Last time i heard,AESA radars are not that halwa that any one can blind.

Even Indians don't claim that their Rafael's Spectra EW suit can blind JF 17 B3's AESA radar.

I will say again - the new Mk. 2 radar is on a totally different level of capability with its new EW features. The Rafale F4 radar does not even come close to what it can do.

JF-17 Block 3 will be on a suicide mission if it goes against a beast like the upcoming UK version of the Typhoon.

I mean the next big thing to happen to military aviation after F-16 is Rafael. Why not spend your money wisely than churning out bills on some high-level fantasy of Typhoons. When it comes to bang for the buck Rafael is the modern-day kingpin.

I will say again - the new Mk. 2 radar is on a totally different level of capability with its new EW features. The Rafale F4 radar does not even come close to what it can do.

JF-17 Block 3 will be on a suicide mission if it goes against a beast like the upcoming UK version of the Typhoon.
Well,we are having exercise with KSA Typhoons.
PAF will know better about its capabilities.
JF 17 is small aircraft loaded with PL 15 and a capable radar.It can lose against Typhoon but not really a suicide mission.It can even have a chance to score a kill if operated perfectly.

But again,our exercises with KSA Typhoons,PAF & Turkish F16s,Chinese J10Cs and Qatari Rafaels will tell us about limitations of JF 17 and PAF will surely work out tactics for thunder pilots to deal with these western and Eastern beasts.

Well,we are having exercise with KSA Typhoons.
PAF will know better about its capabilities.
JF 17 is small aircraft loaded with PL 15 and a capable radar.It can lose against Typhoon but not really a suicide mission.It can even have a chance to score a kill if operated perfectly.

But again,our exercises with KSA Typhoons,PAF & Turkish F16s,Chinese J10Cs and Qatari Rafaels will tell us about limitations of JF 17 and PAF will surely work out tactics for thunder pilots to deal with these western and Eastern beasts.

KSA Typhoon have the decades old mechanically scanned array.

The upcoming UK version has the latest AESA radar with specific EW modes designed to blind enemy fighters.

Given the size of Bangladesh, the gripen would have been a good choice. Typhoon is too expensive to operate and bigger RCS. Also Myanmar do not have JF17 B3 and operates B2s. If they get B3s with AESA and china allows PL15 then it wont be that easy for typhoons.

I mean the next big thing to happen to military aviation after F-16 is Rafael. Why not spend your money wisely than churning out bills on some high-level fantasy of Typhoons. When it comes to bang for the buck Rafael is the modern-day kingpin.
India Air Force has them. Precisely, Bangladesh want nothing to do with Rafale.

India Air Force has them. Precisely, Bangladesh wants nothing to do with Rafale.
This is the mentality we need to stop. If my neighbour has a ps4 am gonna avoid a ps4 purchase. This retarded thought process needs to stop. In the end, we are at a disadvantage by not following through with the right purchase regardless of other operators/customers. For example, our army refuses to even buy a bolt of the Carl Gustav rocket launcher just because our neighbours to the East by chance use the same weapon. Due to our strict stubbornness, we are still operating decades-old RPG 7 with no change in the warhead, optics.

The tales of a hissy war.

This is the mentality we need to stop. If my neighbour has a ps4 am gonna avoid a ps4 purchase. This retarded thought process needs to stop. In the end, we are at a disadvantage by not following through with the right purchase regardless of other operators/customers. For example, our army refuses to even buy a bolt of the Carl Gustav rocket launcher just because our neighbours to the East by chance use the same weapon. Due to our strict stubbornness, we are still operating decades-old RPG 7 with no change in the warhead, optics.

The tales of a hissy war.

Ha ha ha :lol:

PS4's don't fight with each other in the sky though....:-)

It's not a retarded thought process.

The idea is, that if IAF has the Rafale, they already know its inherent platform weaknesses (by doing their own offensive exercises and by familiarization). Such as flight envelope limits, operational quirks for pilots, missile launch parameters and many, many other factors.

If Bangladesh chooses other platforms then that advantage is gone.

Do not please count on Chinese planes. BAF has already decided to induct Western planes. It can be EuroTyphoon or Rafael.

Why not JAS-39 latest version with Global Eye AWACS?? It's very deadly combo and will be cheaper to maintain and JAS-39 has better TAT / sortie ratio compared to EFT &. Rafales, also it is designed keeping in mind that Sweden facing much larger Russia so it can be operated from small roads with crew of 6 (if I m not wrong), it can carry similar weapons which other European jets can carry.

Back
Top Bottom