What's new

Bangladeshi killed in BSF firing, body returned 4 days later

Bangladeshi killed in BSF firing, body returned 4 days later

519452_1.jpg
21 Oct, 2020

The body of Omidul, who was shot dead by BSF at the Thakurpur border in Damurhuda upazila of Chuadanga district, was returned by Indian police four days later. His body was handed over at a BGB-BSF flag meeting at the Darshana ICP checkpost border in Damurhuda upazila around 5pm on Wednesday.
According to the BGB, Omidul went to the Thakurpur border of Damurhuda upazila on Sunday morning to fetch cows. He was shot dead by BSF members of Rangiyapota camp of Krishnanagar police station in Nadia district of India and his body was taken inside India. Four days after the killing, Darshan returned the body through a flag meeting across the border.
The meeting was attended by Chuadanga-6 BGB Deputy Captain Ahmed and Ferdos, BGB Darshan Company Commander Md. Barik Darshana Police Station SI Shariful Islam, Company Commander of BSF Camp Gede in Nadia District of India Shri Nagender, Krishnanagar Police Station, Customs and Immigration Officers.

So he crossed the border illegally and expected flowers?
He knew that BSF have strict orders to shoot anyone who crosses the border.

The smuggler got shot in India. India does the same thing to Pakistani infiltrators.

In an ideal world no one should get shot but I am not going to shed tears for a cow smuggler who brings in diseased Indian cows threatening biosecurity and hurting local cattle breeders in BD.
Did you shoot any of the Chinese infiltrators over recent months?

Didn't think so.

Simple statements are the mother of all misunderstandings.

What point were you, and are you trying to make, we shot them as well, but at their soldiers or their infiltrators, not civilians, there is a difference.

If you are just saying that Indians shot when someone crosses their border, then that is barbaric. Generally people try to avoid shooting civilians. And furthermore, if it is a hostile area like Kashmir then it kind of makes sense these things would happen.

But, Bangladesh and India are supposed to be best of friends, there is no hostile dispute, the people being shot are civilians, they are being killed on a regular basis, surely you are not defending the Indian right to shot Bengali civilians.

Well done on shooting back as you should shoot back.

The points I am making are:
1. Bangladeshi smugglers are not "innocent civilians." They are criminals who hurt Bangladesh in many different ways be it economically or health wise. Ideally they should be arrested or shot by BGB even before they could even approach India to bring in harmful products.
The shame is in the fact that India even gets the opportunity to shoot them.

2. I have no sympathy for BD smugglers. I want Indian smugglers to get shot by BGB. Start dropping Indian bodies and the Indian govt will act to curb BD bound smuggling.

3. Indian shooting of intruders is neither exclusive to BD nor has it increased in recent years unlike what some people try to imply here to belittle BD.

4. Agreed that "civilians" should not be getting shot. I am not justifying shooting of Pak civilians by India. I am just acknowledging reality.
Did you shoot any of the Chinese infiltrators over recent months?

Didn't think so.
We did to them what we did to Romanian infiltrators; neither country border BD.

1. Bangladeshi smugglers are not "innocent civilians." They are criminals who hurt Bangladesh in many different ways be it economically or health wise. Ideally they should be arrested or shot by BGB even before they could even approach India to bring in harmful products.
The shame is in the fact that India even gets the opportunity to shoot them.

2. I have no sympathy for BD smugglers. I want Indian smugglers to get shot by BGB. Start dropping Indian bodies and the Indian govt will act to curb BD bound smuggling.

3. Indian shooting of intruders is neither exclusive to BD nor has it increased in recent years unlike what some people try to imply here to belittle BD.

4. Agreed that "civilians" should not be getting shot. I am not justifying shooting of Pak civilians by India. I am just acknowledging reality.

We did to them what we did to Romanian infiltrators; neither country border BD.

I see your point, now.

Although I can understand your reasoning, I can't bring myself to believe that the person with the gun is the judge and the executioner. We live in an age where information gets twisted, especially by the authorities, so, I would rather have them caught, and allow the law take its course, then shot. Few people getting shot in a year can be described as a hazard of dealing with smuggling, but dozens, on a regular basis, it just doesn't feel right.

The only point you have made and are making is that you are parroting indo -awami justification of killing Bangladeshis. In a civil world if someone trespass, they get arrested and process through legal system, as they do in Europe or in US. There are thousands of indians cross US border through Mexico, not get shot to death. They processed and prosecuted according to law. But you are not a person with civility, you are with indo awami killing mind.

The only point you have made and are making is that you are parroting indo -awami justification of killing Bangladeshis. In a civil world if someone trespass, they get arrested and process through legal system, as they do in Europe or in US. There are thousands of indians cross US border through Mexico, not get shot to death. They processed and prosecuted according to law. But you are not a person with civility, you are with indo awami killing mind.

Strange way to demonstrate "awami justification of killing Bangladeshis.", way beyond what "8th grade, 4 birthday" cult minds can compute.

Truth is so harsh, even reality sounds like an Awami Cheerleading Band to your kind:

Screenshot_20201022-192507_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

http://odhikar.org/statistics/statistics-on-violations-in-the-border-area/

Last edited:
Strange way to demonstrate "awami justification of killing Bangladeshis."

Can’t blame others for border killing while smuggling cattle: Minister

Update- January 25, 2020, 09:32 PM

smuggling cattle ,  border killing ,  Rajshahi

Photo: Courtesy

Food Minister Sadhan Chandra Majumder on Saturday said the government will not take the responsibility if anyone is shot to death along the border while bringing cattle from India.
He made the remarks while talking to reporters after attending the founding anniversary programme of Damkurahat High School in Poba upazila of Rajshahi.
“It’ll be pointless to blame others unless our character is good,” he said when asked about the shooting down of three Bangladeshi nationals by members of Indian Border Security Force (BSF) in his constituency Porsha of Naogaon.
On January 23, the three Bangladeshis –- Sanjit Kumar, Mofizul Islam and Kamal Hossain -- were killed by BSF members along Doarpalla border in Porsha upazila of Naogaon.
ryRYkgGmhAKyc9nSRFDeq3jt0sH1DRwQvYRIKNMV.jpeg

BSF men also took away the bodies of two of the victims.
The minister said, “We won’t allow anyone to bring cattle from India. Our upazila, district law-and-order committees and BGB adopted a resolution in this regard. Bangladesh government won’t take the responsibility if anyone is shot to death while bringing cattle cutting the barbed-wire fence.”
He also said efforts are on to bring back the bodies of the two Bangladeshi nationals.
Border killing has been a contentious bilateral issue between the two neighbours who share a porous 4,100-km border.
Delhi had promised to bring down border killings to zero over the years but the BSF continues to shoot dead Bangladeshis along the border.

Can’t blame others for border killing while smuggling cattle: Minister

Update- January 25, 2020, 09:32 PM

smuggling cattle ,  border killing ,  Rajshahi

Photo: Courtesy

Food Minister Sadhan Chandra Majumder on Saturday said the government will not take the responsibility if anyone is shot to death along the border while bringing cattle from India.
He made the remarks while talking to reporters after attending the founding anniversary programme of Damkurahat High School in Poba upazila of Rajshahi.
“It’ll be pointless to blame others unless our character is good,” he said when asked about the shooting down of three Bangladeshi nationals by members of Indian Border Security Force (BSF) in his constituency Porsha of Naogaon.
On January 23, the three Bangladeshis –- Sanjit Kumar, Mofizul Islam and Kamal Hossain -- were killed by BSF members along Doarpalla border in Porsha upazila of Naogaon.
ryRYkgGmhAKyc9nSRFDeq3jt0sH1DRwQvYRIKNMV.jpeg

BSF men also took away the bodies of two of the victims.
The minister said, “We won’t allow anyone to bring cattle from India. Our upazila, district law-and-order committees and BGB adopted a resolution in this regard. Bangladesh government won’t take the responsibility if anyone is shot to death while bringing cattle cutting the barbed-wire fence.”
He also said efforts are on to bring back the bodies of the two Bangladeshi nationals.
Border killing has been a contentious bilateral issue between the two neighbours who share a porous 4,100-km border.
Delhi had promised to bring down border killings to zero over the years but the BSF continues to shoot dead Bangladeshis along the border.

I wish the above was actual government position about smuggling rather than just an opinion by an unimportant minister.
All government does is moan and cry about dead smugglers instead of dealing with smugglers themselves.

Are you claiming to be awami regime spokesperson that we should take your assumption OVER a minister stand? Get a better life than try to be regime parrot.

Which one is it: Me being a regime parrot or contradicting a minister?

Momen is not a minister now? BKZ can have 4 birthdays but BAL cannot have multiple ministers?

Food Minister more relevant for foreign affairs than Foreign Minister?

Dude, keep up. 8th Grade cult membership clearly not helping.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom