What's new

BD successfully stops the rise of the Indian Delta Variant

@DalalErMaNodi

As regards oxygen situation at a specific hospital in Rajshahi(Rajshahi Medical School):

"At present, over 8,000 litres of oxygen are being supplied to the Covid-19 patients every day on an average in the hospital but the daily oxygen demand was only 2,500 litres in around two months back.

But, the oxygen demand has gone up by around 3,000 litres, particularly during the last couple of weeks
."

So the hospital is getting 8000 litres a day and is presently using 5500 litres.

It has quite a bit of spare capacity and I am presuming that this is the case at other hospitals that are treating Covid-19 patients in BD.

PS - As regards your "laughable" comment on my analysis backed up by hard data, you give no evidence to back it up but just your own opinions and anecdotes. You said pretty much the same thing a year ago that BD would face a monumental Covid-19 disaster and it seems you are the kind of person that forms a conclusion first and then looks for "evidence" to back this up it.
You can only compare BD to comparable countries like India and Indonesia with collapsed health systems and it is nowhere near as bad as them currently.

What you think is happening is not the actual reality that data is providing.

@DalalErMaNodi

As regards oxygen situation at a specific hospital in Rajshahi(Rajshahi Medical School):

"At present, over 8,000 litres of oxygen are being supplied to the Covid-19 patients every day on an average in the hospital but the daily oxygen demand was only 2,500 litres in around two months back.

But, the oxygen demand has gone up by around 3,000 litres, particularly during the last couple of weeks
."

So the hospital is getting 8000 litres a day and is presently using 5500 litres.

It has quite a bit of spare capacity and I am presuming that this is the case at other hospitals that are treating Covid-19 patients in BD.

PS - As regards your "laughable" comment on my analysis backed up by hard data, you give no evidence to back it up but just your own opinions and anecdotes. You said pretty much the same thing a year ago that BD would face a monumental Covid-19 disaster and it seems you are the kind of person that forms a conclusion first and then looks for "evidence" to back this up it.
You can only compare BD to comparable countries like India and Indonesia with collapsed health systems and it is nowhere near as bad as them currently.

What you think is happening is not the actual reality that data is providing.

You speak as If this 'Data' isn't tampered with.. like all else in Bangladesh..

You can believe what you want but to start a thread like this and announcing victory against the surge is not expected from a senior member such as yourself..

For the people's sake, let's hope your 'data' is factual.

You speak as If this 'Data' isn't tampered with.. like all else in Bangladesh..

You can believe what you want but to start a thread like this and announcing victory against the surge is not expected from a senior member such as yourself..

For the people's sake, let's hope your 'data' is factual.

Show me your evidence like pictures/videos of masses of people waiting outside hospitals suffocating to death like in India and Indonesia.

If you cannot then I suggest you just keep quiet and not comment on this thread any further.

Show me your evidence like pictures/videos of masses of people waiting outside hospitals suffocating to death like in India and Indonesia.

If you cannot then I suggest you just keep quiet and not comment on this thread any further.

I cannot be bothered with showing the blind to the light.

Maybe you shouldn't start fairytale threads, If you don't like people disputing your claims.

I cannot be bothered with showing the blind to the light.

Maybe you shouldn't start fairytale threads, If you don't like people disputing your claims.

Again where is your evidence?

You have none.

Even one hospital where there are dozens of people suffocating to death for lack of a bed would be something.

This is embarrassing now and you obviously are either not understanding or have some other agenda that you are trying to peddle.

Done with you now.

So the test positivity rate is still hovering around 30%, with a slight increase, even with the current relaxing of restrictions.

This bodes well for some decrease when the strict lockdown comes into effect this Saturday.

"
Covid-19: Infection rate climbs above 30%
Tribune Desk
  • Published at 06:33 pm July 21st, 2021
Doctors in Covid-19 ICU in Dhaka MHO

File photo: Doctors on duty inside a Covid-19 Intensive Care Unit (ICU) at a hospital in Dhaka Mahmud Hossain Opu/Dhaka Tribune

A total 7,614 new cases, 173 deaths in last 24 hours
The daily Covid-19 infection rate in Bangladesh climbed over 30% with 7,614 new cases detected in the 24 hours till 8am on Wednesday morning.
A total 24,974 samples were tested at authorized laboratories across the country over the period, amounting to a test positivity rate 30.48%, according to a press release from the Directorate General of Health Services.
The latest positive tests took the total number of confirmed cases of Covid-19 in the country to 1,136,503. Meanwhile, 173 deaths in the 24 hours to Wednesday morning took the overall death toll to 18,494.
Among the new deceased, one person was over the age of 91, while 10 people were in the 81-90 age group, 35 in the 71-80 group, 43 in the 61-70 group, 42 in the 51-60 group, 22 in the 41-50 group, 12 in the 31-40 group, six in the 21-30 group, and two in the 11-20 age group.
2021/07/x90-meat-range-1626595393545.gif
Dhaka division reported the highest 58 deaths, Khulna 38, Chattogram 32, Rangpur 16, Rajshahi 11, Barishal eight, Sylhet six, and Mymensingh four."

Again where is your evidence?

You have none.

Even one hospital where there are dozens of people suffocating to death for lack of a bed would be something.

This is embarrassing now and you obviously are either not understanding or have some other agenda that you are trying to peddle.

Done with you now.

Off with your incessant rant about evidence.. the only evidence you have is doctored 'data' and news articles from a country with 0 press freedom,.. You may be happy to consume Govt propaganda but don't try and convince the rest of us to go along with it.

I personally know dozens of doctors who have stated in no uncertain terms that the situation is getting from bad to worse.. but people like you want people to put their lives on the line and come out with proof, so that the government can silence them for good.

Good luck with your fairytales.. I mean you just brushed aside 200 daily deaths as If those poor folks aren't human but oh well, who am I even arguing with..

And as for agenda, you're the one with an agenda, starting false threads like these.

Maybe you ought to leave the safe confines of the UK, travel to BD and then come and tell us how it really is on the ground.

Until then your 'data' is nothing but hogwash.

People such as yourself have been predicting disaster for a year but it has not happened yet.

What happened to your prediction about everything going back to normal by August-September last year? You need to check overall situation not only Rajshahi's.

."

" Demand for oxygen has gradually been rising for the last couple of months in the wake of the escalation of patients in the hospital."

Guys no need for acrimony.

Let's just agree to disagree and not argue for arguments' sake.

We all know (and should acknowledge) that govt. data in Bangladesh is unreliable.

So the end result is that we don't really know what is going on. Let's just keep it there for now.

Back
Top Bottom