What's new

Beef Eating in Hinduism

Here we are bit extreme in all cases. Normally, Thursday and Saturday people follow a custom not to eat non veg (Laxmi and Shani bar respectively). Even onions and garlic are also considered to be harmful in these two days and get avoided. In North, perhaps garlic and onions pass as veg item too.

My dad says those are part of Taamsik Bhojan...... But on fasting day those are strictly avoided......

Here we are bit extreme in all cases. Normally, Thursday and Saturday people follow a custom not to eat non veg (Laxmi and Shani bar respectively). Even onions and garlic are also considered to be harmful in these two days and get avoided. In North, perhaps garlic and onions pass as veg item too.

why whats wrong with garlic and onion?

why whats wrong with garlic and onion?
Because normally it heats up your body and senses. But it is not mandatory though. If your body accepts it as sattik ahaar, then no issues.

My dad says those are part of Taamsik Bhojan...... But on fasting day those are strictly avoided......
Bhagabad Geeta specifies certain types of foods to be strictly avoided. Onion and Garlic have jati dosha i.e having tamasik gunas.

Because normally it heats up your body and senses. But it is not mandatory though. If your body accepts it as sattik ahaar, then no issues.

mamu khobordar hindutvabadi hoye geyona :pissed: i'm already tired with this forum:wacko:

In many states of India, beef consumption is legally banned, because of a false religious myth. This cow worship is not done out of animal love, as the same 'God' that exists in cows also exists in cockroaches. By this logic, we should be worshiping insects too. The central focus of cow worship is to show muslims as anti-hindus and to create a universal symbol for upper-caste hindu identification. What is not a myth is that, the so-called holy cow is used for un-holy purposes.

Source:1)hindu.com/2001/08/14/stories/13140833.htm2)nytimes.com/2002/08/17/books/holy-cow-a-myth-an-indian-finds-the-kick-is-real.html

Source: Beef Eating in Hinduism

I eat everything.. pork, beef, whatever... just not too fond of seafood but the odd fish n chips, amritsari macchi is good :agree:

full kaffir Hindu/brahmin :sarcastic:

i m vegetarian but i don understand selective love for cow or hatred for pig

really//// I hate it here in Bangalore... can't find beef anywhere to make steak.... I really miss beef... they're so so delicious
There is a hotel near jalahalli cross...

ya....there're.... i've been to one in MG Road... But they're not as much as like we do it in home with beer in the hand man....
There are some Malayali hotels in madiwala/koramangala areas that serves beef dishes...

Did indra eat beef?

Why dont you find out his number in google and ask him yourself.

Interesting thread. In America, virtually every restaurant advertising itself as "Indian" serves meat, (chicken, lamb & beef) and I have often wondered how authentic that was given Hindu religious values. I always assumed that many of the Indian immigrants who opened restaurants here were Muslim-Indians or Pakistani and simply called their restaurants "Indian" because that is what most Americans are familiar with.

Perhaps you would have known by know that Pakistanis and Bangladeshis too name their restaurents after "Indian" dishes .

In Pakistan,if you order veg in restaurant,the nearby people consider you to be poor :D

It is true,anyone else can confirm

Its a personal choice.. one should not impose their food habits on others.

Who are 'we'? Please speak for youself. Very less educated people in this country would share the same view as yours.
Its a We for Hindus... Dont bother to quote ...I am not addressing u .. .

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom