What's new

Bhoja Air Flight crashes on final approach to Islamabad Airport.

How is CAA at fault here? Stop being ignorant and blaming everything on CAA

Yeah so what?

It is not the prime responsibility of CAA, alot of bodies are involved.

CAA is not responsible for weather but CAA is the prime body who control ground operations and it's there responsibility to ensure that crafts are properly maintained and are in safe condition. And like all other government institutes CAA is full of corrupt and incompetent Safarishi people. Business Men always look for profit they don't care for human lives specially in our part of world, It's responsibility of govt. bodies like CAA to monitor and ensure that this airliners are on track regarding the safety. There are lot of question which CAA have to answer but like every incident in Pakistan everyone will blame nature or in this case nature + pilot in some case foreign hands, after few days everyone will forget - That's happening since 47 and i don't see any change in this practice in next few decades. For me if i am not victim than why i have to care.

Well said.

The media is crazy, tried to increase its TRP showing the grief of people

Media in Pakistan is like WH0re - Paisa Phaink Tamasha Daikh

Plane is getting out of control, captain told tower

ISLAMABAD: The Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) on Saturday issued a preliminary investigation report on the Bhoja Air plane crash, DawnNews reported.

According to the report, three minutes before the crash, the plane’s captain had informed the control tower that the plane was getting out of his control.

The report moreover said that the fuel tank of the plane had exploded.

The plane was flying at the altitude of 2,000 metres when it had last contacted the control tower.

Minutes prior to its planned landing at the Benazir Bhutto International Airport, the plane had been descending at a speed of 500 kilometres per hour before it eventually crashed, the report revealed.

The Bhoja Air passenger jet crashed on Friday as it tried to land in a thunderstorm at Islamabad’s main airport, killing all 127 people on board. The small domestic airline, which resumed operations in March after an 11-year pause, had said the weather was the cause.

Bhoja Air started domestic operations in Pakistan in 1993 and eventually expanded to international flights to the United Arab Emirates in 1998. The company suspended operations in 2001 due to financial difficulties but resumed them in 2012.

Plane is getting out of control, captain told tower | DAWN.COM

Media in Pakistan is like WH0re - Paisa Phaink Tamasha Daikh

This is a very insensitive generalization of a whole industry to which i do not agree.

Yes, there are problems which need to be rectified but you cannot label a whole set of professionals like this without having any basic idea of how media works.

The field reporters and cameramen do make mistakes in situations such as these, most of you haven't been in such situations and can't judge the speed, or the pressure they're under.

Moreover, this is not a problem related to Pakistan only. You would realize this if you have had a chance to watch local channels of other countries.

I have no problem with specific criticism of media but generalized criticism like this just shows ignorance and is not helpful.

This is a very insensitive generalization of a whole industry to which i do not agree.

Yes, there are problems which need to be rectified but you cannot label a whole set of professionals like this without having any basic idea of how media works.

The field reporters and cameramen do make mistakes in situations such as these, most of you haven't been in such situations and can't judge the speed, or the pressure they're under.

Moreover, this is not a problem related to Pakistan only. You would realize this if you have had a chance to watch local channels of other countries.

I have no problem with specific criticism of media but generalized criticism like this just shows ignorance and is not helpful.

I am not talking about end-level cameramen or reporter, That's not big issue, you can give them code of conduct and train them. I am talking about the owner of this business and key anchors.

CAA is not responsible for weather but CAA is the prime body who control ground operations and it's there responsibility to ensure that crafts are properly maintained and are in safe condition. And like all other government institutes CAA is full of corrupt and incompetent Safarishi people. Business Men always look for profit they don't care for human lives specially in our part of world, It's responsibility of govt. bodies like CAA to monitor and ensure that this airliners are on track regarding the safety. There are lot of question which CAA have to answer but like every incident in Pakistan everyone will blame nature or in this case nature + pilot in some case foreign hands, after few days everyone will forget - That's happening since 47 and i don't see any change in this practice in next few decades. For me if i am not victim than why i have to care.

It is not the job of CAA to maintain aircraft. All CAA does is regulate air traffic norms and procedures, and had out licenses.

The company is at fault for not properly maintaining the aircraft, then the blame comes on CAA that why was a aircraft which was poorly maintained allowed to fly.

Although i is premature to blame the aircraft, weather gets the major blame.

The report moreover said that the fuel tank of the plane had exploded...

Most probably the plane got struck by lightning then. One of my relatives who saw it also said that the plane caught fire. (as did all the eye witnesses.)

Fuel level was also low, i think, that is why the aircraft fire quickly got extinguished.

It is not the job of CAA to maintain aircraft. All CAA does is regulate air traffic norms and procedures, and had out licenses.

The company is at fault for not properly maintaining the aircraft, then the blame comes on CAA that why was a aircraft which was poorly maintained allowed to fly.

Although i is premature to blame the aircraft, weather gets the major blame.

Where i said that maintenance is CAA's job - Anyway i guess you don't have any idea about CAA's responsibility

EDIT: Yeah - We have to wait for few years for investigation report which will declare weather and pilot i am already prepared for that

I am not talking about end-level cameramen or reporter, That's not big issue, you can give them code of conduct and train them. I am talking about the owner of this business and key anchors.

From calling a whole industry a *****, you have now downsized your ire to owners and anchors. But still, you are not specific. I could go on but this is not the purpose of the thread. So i will end my comment on the matter on this note; When you criticize a profession, you should know that good and bad exists in all professions. Yes, there are ethics. Some follow them. Some chose to ignore it. Secondly, try to be specific on what you actually think is wrong, rather than brush it all with one paint.

From calling a whole industry a *****, you have now downsized your ire to owners and anchors. But still, you are not specific. I could go on but this is not the purpose of the thread. So i will end my comment on the matter on this note; When you criticize a profession, you should know that good and bad exists in all professions. Yes, there are ethics. Some follow them. Some chose to ignore it. Secondly, try to be specific on what you actually think is wrong, rather than brush it all with one paint.

Media has done more wrong than good to Pakistan & it's society and i don't have any shame what i said. However, this thread is not related to Media so better discuss it in appropriate thread.

BTW - It's common sense when you name organization or industry when criticizing than this is referred to the policies and policy makers and influences. When i criticize Railway / FBR i don't specify name of each employee and person

Where i said that maintenance is CAA's job - Anyway i guess you don't have any idea about CAA's responsibility

EDIT: Yeah - We have to wait for few years for investigation report which will declare weather and pilot i am already prepared for that

You said it is the responsibility of Caa to handle ground ops. What did you mean by that?
If not maintenance. One body cannot be singled out and the pilot did take a risk according to the early evidences. He went under a cloud rather than delaying landing. According to early reports.

The license to bhoja air was also issued under mysterious circumstances after influence of political figures

The last report was a farce, let's hope this one comes good.

The PM has ordered a judicial investigation, what does that mean, a judge going investigate an air crash?

You said it is the responsibility of Caa to handle ground ops. What did you mean by that?
If not maintenance. One body cannot be singled out and the pilot did take a risk according to the early evidences. He went under a cloud rather than delaying landing. According to early reports.

CAA is responsible for all kind of civil aviation activities Air traffic, airport management, infrastructure, security, Safety, Airworthiness, Flight Standards, Flight Inspection, issuing licenses enforcing & monitoring regulation. They have authority to give license and have authority to cancel license of organization/person is not fulfilling set standards as per rules and regulation.

The license to bhoja air was also issued under mysterious circumstances after influence of political figures

So - Again who is more responsible for this? Political figure or Issuing authority (again CAA) who accept influence for personal gains?

CAA is responsible for all kind of civil aviation activities Air traffic, airport management, infrastructure, security, Safety, Airworthiness, Flight Standards, Flight Inspection, issuing licenses enforcing & monitoring regulation. They have authority to give license and have authority to cancel license of organization/person is not fulfilling set standards as per rules and regulation.

So - Again who is more responsible for this? Political figure or Issuing authority (again CAA) who accept influence for personal gains?

You used the word ground operations, and ground operations are not handled by CAA.

And I blame the whole system, not one body only.

Pakistan air crash: Bhoja Air owner taken into 'protective custody'

Pakistan Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani on Saturday announced setting up of a judicial commission to probe the crash of a private passenger plane that killed all 127 people on board near here in the country's second major air disaster in less than two years. Farooq Bhoja, the owner of Bhoja Air whose Boeing 737-200 plane crashed at 6.30 pm on Friday evening just before it was to land at the international airport in Islamabad, has been taken into "protective custody". He has also been barred from leaving the country, with authorities including his name on the "Exit Control List".
After visiting the state-run PIMS hospital in Islamabad where badly mutilated bodies of the victims, including women and children, had been shifted, Gilani told reporters that he had directed the interior minister to form a judicial commission to probe the crash which he described as a big tragedy.

Without investigation we cannot reach any conclusion, he said.

Gilani said many of the bodies have been handed over to their relatives after identification while the remaining will be given after the DNA tests which may take some time.

His comments came as Pakistani investigators launched probe against Farooq Bhoja, whose airliner's flight B4-213 from Karachi to Islamabad lost contact with air traffic control last evening as it was coming in to land at the Benazir Bhutto International Airport which serves both Islamabad and Rawalpindi.

The plane slammed into the ground at Hussainabad village, located less than 10 km from the airport, amidst bad weather.

Debris was scattered over an area of more than one kilometre and parts of the aircraft fell on some houses in the village though there were no casualties on the ground.

On the probe, interior minister Rehman Malik said the Federal Investigation Agency was directed to launch an investigation against Farooq Bhoja, a member of the family that owns Bhoja Air.

Bhoja was included on the interior ministry's Exit Control List, a document with names of people barred from travelling out of Pakistan, and he had been taken into "protective custody," Malik said.

An FIR had been registered and the investigation would determine whether the aircraft that crashed was "technically capable," he said.

The Director General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) had ascertained that the Bhoja Air aircraft had been tested and cleared by Pakistani authorities in South Africa, Malik said.

"What were the international standards followed during this testing? We will interrogate the team that tested the aircraft," he said.

The minister also noted that Prime Minister Gilani has ordered senior Pakistan Air Force officers to investigate the accident.

Bhoja Air was revived recently after being closed for over a decade due to financial problems. Media reports said the airline had a fleet of ageing aircraft, mostly Boeing 737-200s.

Following allegations about irregularities in the clearance of the airline, the DGCA had been asked to seal all its records, Malik said.

"We will investigate if there was any criminal intent and if this airline was deliberately cleared (despite lapses).

If this aircraft was over 20 years old, why was it bought as it may not have been equipped with facilities and modern gadgets," he said.

The airliner's black box had been found and would be sent abroad for decoding, Malik said.

All 121 passengers, including 11 children and infants, and six crew on the aircraft were killed instantly, officials said.

Mohammad Asif Majeed, Director of the Disaster Management Directorate, confirmed there were no survivors.

Islamabad and Rawalpindi had experienced bad weather, including rain and lightning, at the time of the accident, and several witnesses told TV news channels that they had seen the aircraft burst into flames after being hit by lightning shortly before it crashed.

However, there was no official confirmation of reports of a lightning strike.

Capt Arshad Mehmood, a Pakistan Navy pilot who lives near the site of the crash, told reporters that he had seen the aircraft stall and descend rapidly before it hit the ground.

He said he believed the pilot had "probably lost control" of the aircraft in "very rough weather."

This was the second major air disaster in the vicinity of the Pakistani capital since July 28, 2010, when an Air Blue airliner slammed into the Margalla Hills in cloudy weather, killing all 152 people on board.

The Civil Aviation Authority on Friday ordered an investigation to ascertain the cause of the crash.

Search teams that fanned out across the crash site faced problems in the initial stage due to rain and lack of electricity.

Authorities later sent generators and search lights to the site and investigators located the Bhoja Air airliner's "black box" or flight data recorder late in the night.

You used the word ground operations, and ground operations are not handled by CAA.

And I blame the whole system, not one body only.

You are looking term Ground Operations only from airliner's perspective

I think CAA and the Airline managment both are responsible for the accident. When they knew that weather is very bad in islamabad and there were heavy clouds so why didnt they diverted their flight to some other airport and why they permited the aircraft to land in such a bad weather as it was heavily raining

any how RIP for the departed souls.

I think CAA and the Airline managment both are responsible for the accident. When they knew that weather is very bad in islamabad and there were heavy clouds so why didnt they diverted their flight to some other airport and why they permited the aircraft to land in such a bad weather as it was heavily raining

any how RIP for the departed souls.

I don't know any rule exists to stop airliners to take-off if the weather at destination is known to be bad, but at the time of landing captain have (which is right) the authority to take decision to land or not. But private airliner misuse this authority and pilots are always under pressure to save fuel which is more than 40% operating cost. Around 3 years ago when cyclone hit Karachi i was waiting for boarding, All flights canceled/diverted at that time, EKK flight i was waiting for returned back to Dubai, they didn't took decision of Landing, And guess what only 2 landed flights were our private airliners. Some stupid people were fighting with EKK & PIA staff that if they can land than why you are delaying/cancelling flights.

But the point is CAA can set some minimum parameters regarding weather under which flights can take off or pilot can take decision to land otherwise he must divert.

Back
Top Bottom