What's new

Bikini or headscarf -- which offers more freedom?

LOL why is it burqa against Bikini always, I am all for that women (even men) should dress decently and modestly but their is huge difference between dressing decently and modestly and doting a burqa, a salwar-kameez does the job just fine

And thats why bikini-minded are always against burqa.

And i wonder if anyone had read the history as to for what purpose bikini was created

Disagreeing with something doesn't mean bashing, I asked you Don't you think men and women are equal in the sense both should have equality? So why don't men dot burqa and why don't women marry five times? As I said many rituals in Hinduism are moronic, people use their commonsense, accept that and try and change that but in your case you try to justify something stupid (that women should cover themselves from head to toe in presence of men)

Listen bud, If you prefer your sis,wife or mom to be able to dress in a bikini or a modest dupatta or whatever she wants.. good for you.
Now comparatively, if you feel like walking around in your skibbies that too is your choice, please do so.. since it is equality we are looking at here. But if a person feels uncomfortable with glaring eyes at her and decided to wear something to cover any part that invites such a response.. its her choice. Now as to why Islam promotes a certain degree of modesty...just answer this. (graphic description follows.. discretion is advised :) )
You are in your office and a woman wearing a tight dress with a low neckline bends down in front of you...her well curled hair drops in front making her look like a godess and you see all that most men desire to see and will keep your eyes glues on till the last possible instant.
If you are a normal straight male your Bp will register a measured rise, and a hormone release will follow which will trigger all sorts of bodily events and your imagination will run wild for the next 15 to 30 minutes and every other time you see her. This woman however is from an otherwise nice family..and would not dream of those acts that are cooking in your mind right now.
Now if the same woman wore a proper modest dress with a headscarf.. unless you are a thorough pervert.. you will pass a casual look and return to your work, your mind did not mentally assault her and her respect in your eyes will remain.
Now if in your place there was a man with a high probability to assault a woman to get what he wants.. who is safer?.. the woman who chose to dress a little provocatively or the one who chose the covering?

why dont men wear sari in India to show they are equal to women ?? Why it is always women who have to be put to the grind to adopt manly attire and attitude to prove that they are equal to men?????

Please leave us alone we DO NOT need to copy men and their ways of moving in the society to prove ourselves as equal or as better as men because i personally never felt that i am less able than men in many fields.

I dont think so dresses can define equality. There is much more to it just like this word "freedom, liberty".

Beating the drum around the bush, now are we? So tell me what majority of women are told go child wear a burqa, don’t mingle withy men but become a scientist all though we will send you to a madarsa and marry you off the day you turn 18

Listen bud, If you prefer your sis,wife or mom to be able to dress in a bikini or a modest dupatta or whatever she wants.. good for you.
Now comparatively, if you feel like walking around in your skibbies that too is your choice, please do so.. since it is equality we are looking at here. But if a person feels uncomfortable with glaring eyes at her and decided to wear something to cover any part that invites such a response.. its her choice. Now as to why Islam promotes a certain degree of modesty...just answer this. (graphic description follows.. discretion is advised :) )
You are in your office and a woman wearing a tight dress with a low neckline bends down in front of you...her well curled hair drops in front making her look like a godess and you see all that most men desire to see and will keep your eyes glues on till the last possible instant.
If you are a normal straight male your Bp will register a measured rise, and a hormone release will follow which will trigger all sorts of bodily events and your imagination will run wild for the next 15 to 30 minutes and every other time you see her. This woman however is from an otherwise nice family..and would not dream of those acts that are cooking in your mind right now.
Now if the same woman wore a proper modest dress with a headscarf.. unless you are a thorough pervert.. you will pass a casual look and return to your work, your mind did not mentally assault her and her respect in your eyes will remain.
Now if in your place there was a man with a high probability to assault a woman to get what he wants.. who is safer?.. the woman who chose to dress a little provocatively or the one who chose the covering?

Mate I am all for dressing modestly but a black burqa that covers the face with the cut out for eyes is taking things too far

I work with tens of women colleague and they dress appropriately, I don't have lusty feeling for them even though they don't wear a burqa

Beating the drum around the bush, now are we? So tell me what majority of women are told go child wear a burqa, don’t mingle withy men but become a scientist all though we will send you to a madarsa and marry you off the day you turn 18
Majority? Regardless of what you may believe, Muslim parents aren't jerks by default. I've seen chicks kick butt at work, school, sports and in all walks of life - hooded or not. The hoodies have little to do with their professional capabilities.

Why pick on the example of the enforced marriages, enforced burkhas and what not? Its the same as picking the example of a bikini wearing chick as a drunk wasted, knocked up woman, doing drugs and prostituting herself for money for drugs.

Why pick extreme examples? This kid in the story, she's simply wearing a headscarf of her own free volition - despite seeing her own mum's example. Why are some folks feeling some personal defeat from the choice this kid has made.

Majority? Regardless of what you may believe, Muslim parents aren't jerks by default. I've seen chicks kick butt at work, school, sports and in all walks of life - hooded or not. The hoodies have little to do with their professional capabilities.

Why pick on the example of the enforced marriages, enforced burkhas and what not? Its the same as picking the example of a bikini wearing chick as a drunk wasted, knocked up woman, doing drugs and prostituting herself for money for drugs.

Why pick extreme examples? This kid in the story, she's simply wearing a headscarf of her own free volition - despite seeing her own mum's example. Why are some folks feeling some personal defeat from the choice this kid has made.

LOL Asim she is a kid, when I was a kid my elder brothers and sisters used to dress me in girly dresses, frocks and all, put on lipstick and parade me through the colony and I enjoyed it (PHEW!!! Thank God they never took a picture :cheesy:)

You yourself said why harp on exceptions, isn't she an exception, even though we are not sure what will she choose when she is 18 and still she haven't opted for burqa, what I cringe against is the face covering black burqa and some women even wears black gloves not that is taking things a bit too far

LOL Asim she is a kid, when I was a kid my elder brothers and sisters used to dress me in girly dresses, frocks and all, put on lipstick and parade me through the colony and I enjoyed it (PHEW!!! Thank God they never took a picture :cheesy:)

You yourself said why harp on exceptions, isn't she an exception, even though we are not sure what will she choose when she is 18 and still she haven't opted for burqa, what I cringe against is the face covering black burqa and some women even wears black gloves not that is taking things a bit too far

If you decided to continue wearing frocks and lipstick and walk around town.. and then see people cringe at what you are wearing..would you protest?? :azn:

Dammit, I had decided to shut up and not post any more on this thread-but here goes.

This brings us to the next level of the argument, that about the level of sexual frustration of men in the sub-continent. It brings up uncomfortable questions.

I'm kinda from Delhi, have lived there for a while. If a woman gets raped, the first question the cops ask is: "What was she wearing?"
If she was wearing tight jeans at 7:30 PM and walking alone on the road and got snatched into a car and was raped-" She asked for it."

If she was wearing a salwar-kameez, "Poor thing. The bastards!"

So that means that we males have no control over ourselves, it's the woman's fault for bringing out these primal, beastly urges in us.

I have also had the chance to spend a few years in Vancouver, Canada and have on occasion found myself on a clothing-optional beach where I could see more T&A than I could have found possible.

It was a traumatic experience to start with, I was a bit scared about how I'd handle it. Living in the subcontinent is a world removed from the sexually and otherwise open societies of the west- we are just not used to it and we can't help but stare and let our minds kinda run away with it. But it gets better, after a while you don't notice nakedness and just see people.

On one end is a nude beach where everyone's naked and nobody stares, and the other is a bazaar in India / Pakistan where a slight shift in a woman's dupatta causes wet dreams.

Both scenarios are products of circumstance and evolution. I think the way to go is for men to develop some decency and not judge women by what they wear, and for women to assert their individuality by wearing clothes that they feel good wearing AND stand up to masochistic ********.

Last edited:
Mate I am all for dressing modestly but a black burqa that covers the face with the cut out for eyes is taking things too far

I work with tens of women colleague and they dress appropriately, I don't have lusty feeling for them even though they don't wear a burqa

:hang2::hang2::hang2: i think you are trying to pose as a learned and serious troll but sorry a troll is a troll.

You needs some medication.

and oh BTW i am typing on the forum debating with you from a a CAVE too bad i missed the Indian freedom :woot:

Dammit, I had decided to shut up and not post any more on this thread-but here goes.

This brings us to the next level of the argument, that about the level of sexual frustration of men in the sub-continent. It brings up uncomfortable questions.

I'm kinda from Delhi, have lived there for a while. If a woman gets raped, the first question the cops ask is: "What was she wearing?"
If she was wearing tight jeans at 7:30 PM and walking alone on the road and got snatched into a car and was raped-" She asked for it."

If she was wearing a salwar-kameez, "Poor thing. The bastards!"

So that means that we males have no control over ourselves, it's the woman's fault for bringing out these primal, beastly urges in us.

I have also had the chance to spend a few years in Vancouver, Canada and have on occasion found myself on a clothing-optional beach where I could see more T&A than I could have found possible.

It was a traumatic experience to start with, I was a bit scared about how I'd handle it. Living in the subcontinent is a world removed from the sexually and otherwise open societies of the west- we are just not used to it and we can't help but stare and let our minds kinda run away with it. But it gets better, after a while you don't notice nakedness and just see people.

On one end is a nude beach where everyone's naked and nobody stares, and the other is a bazaar in India / Pakistan where a slight shift in a woman's dupatta causes wet dreams.

Both scenarios are products of circumstance and evolution. I think the way to go is for men to develop some decency and not judge women by what they wear, and for women to assert their individuality by wearing clothes that they feel good wearing AND stand up to masochistic ********.

The level of rape in western cities is also alarming so what reason you will give for their frustration when they have all the ingredients of flesh exposed to them ??

why they need more **** sites and **** industry ??????? :)

:hang2::hang2::hang2: i think you are trying to pose as a learned and serious troll but sorry a troll is a troll.

and oh BTW i am typing on the forum debating with you from a a CAVE too bad i missed the Indian freedom :woot:

LOL Jana that is the best you can come up with? :what:

The level of rape in western cities is also alarming so what reason you will give for their frustration when they have all the ingredients of flesh exposed to them ??

why they need more **** sites and **** industry ??????? :)

Rape statistics are very very misleading. Rape is much more widely reported in the western world than in our countries, so it is difficult to judge a woman's safety in a particular country or city from a statistic.

Rape statistics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

My point was- Would you be comfortable in a place where you are judged by the clothes you choose to wear? Tight jeans=Slut, Salwar Kameez= Good, marriageable girl?

Is this the kind of society that you hope to be a part of? If that is the case, then I just wasted five minutes of my life.

Sorry for going off topic but what kind of internet connection do you get in this cave of yours.

You have lights too. ;)

Back
Top Bottom