What's new

Boeing’s latest sixth-gen fighter concept is a tail-less canard

Well to be honest, only US is struggling with regards to 5th gen fighters. They seem to have made it, but no money to maintain a significant amount of squadrons for it.

The Russians/Chinese do seem to be making and without worries of maintaining the squadrons.

I think this is the last generation the fighter pilot would keep his job. 7th Gen on wards, pilots will be a rare thing.

really??do you even know how many F-35 is going to be built for USA???Total Number of Stealth jets all over the world will be no where near the jets USA will get in next 15-20 years,actual estimated figure is 2443,not to mention other jets and bombers.. :whistle: I don't know where did you get that idea..

Would the Americans at least allow us to play catch up?

Other countries are catching up fast,They are behind by 7-10 years only.The gap will only get narrower since America is having trouble with producing scientist and engineers in the years to come.
In a decade or two,it will be India and China,That will rule.

GetAsset.aspx

:raise: it looks like a flying lamborghini :D

i love it

Well to be honest, only US is struggling with regards to 5th gen fighters. They seem to have made it, but no money to maintain a significant amount of squadrons for it.

The Russians/Chinese do seem to be making and without worries of maintaining the squadrons.

I think this is the last generation the fighter pilot would keep his job. 7th Gen on wards, pilots will be a rare thing.

What is the nature of these struggles? Technical or only financial? And how can Russia and China overcome these hurdles whereas USA cannot, in your view, Sir?

its all over the news..when other countries are trying to implement 4th and 5th gen aircrafts,USA is going for 6th gen..awesome..

GetAsset.aspx

Looks supercool..

Boeing unveils updated F/A-XX sixth-gen fighter concept

this link says it'll have self healing structure..:woot:

Sixth generation fighter aircraft: rise of the F/A-XX - Airforce Technology

Cant see anything good in this concept:

tailles - not so maneuverable.
front canards and lack of S-duct - not so stealthy.
lacks EOTS - not good for ground attack.
Poor cockpit visibility.

What is the nature of these struggles? Technical or only financial? And how can Russia and China overcome these hurdles whereas USA cannot, in your view, Sir?

Financial... Well technical in terms of those birds not meeting bloated expectations (they are damn good, but their expectations were even better...)

Russia/China have less bureaucracy. If a project needs funding a couple of heads of state will decide on it. In the US you need to follow a process, approvals and then **** off some other budget head from where you'd pull the funding to satisfy this project.

Moreover US's is financially volatile compared to China at least which has been on the up and up. US is doing better right now than say 2 years ago, but its as good as the next big debt crisis. A handful of these birds won't make a difference in a long drawn out war. Especially if we see US vs Russia or US vs China (as unlikely it may be) scenario.

really??do you even know how many F-35 is going to be built for USA???Total Number of Stealth jets all over the world will be no where near the jets USA will get in next 15-20 years,actual estimated figure is 2443,not to mention other jets and bombers.. :whistle: I don't know where did you get that idea..

What about F-22?

Really? How many squadrons do the Russians and the Chinese have? 0? Thought so....

How many financial problems do you see? Especially for the Chinese? Also zero.

How many financial problems do you see? Especially for the Chinese? Also zero.

I believe it is not about the money. F-35 programme is worth ~400 bill.$. This amounts approximately to the whole disclosed Chinese mil. budget over the last four years. It's more about technical hurdles.

You can read more about them on this link: http://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/pentagon-lowers-f-35-performance-bar-381031/
F-22 was a victim of cold war cuts, if they need to make extra, the tooling for it is stored, not destroyed as usually happens when a production line shuts down.

My point is that China and Russia dont have squadrons, much less in operational service. There is more F-35's flying then all of other 5th gen. non US fighters combined.

Lockheed Martin has delivered 19 System Development and Demonstration (SDD) aircraft from the factory.

https://www.f35.com/the-f-35/f-35-overview/production-and-testing.aspx

iirc Russia has 4 prototypes, China has 3x J-20 and 1 J-31 (maybe 2, not sure).

Yeah but Bigger one. So what about pakistan's 6th Gen :toast_sign:

what about pakistans 6th generation?
you guys haven't even made a decent jet comparable to the one we make in partnership with china so i would be talking if i was you, never mind plane you guys haven't even made a better tank then ours yet.
or missiles.
pakistan will slowly make a fighter of its own when they get good enough experience so it good good quality not like stuff made from india held together with duct tape.

what about pakistans 6th generation?
you guys haven't even made a decent jet comparable to the one we make in partnership with china so i would be talking if i was you, never mind plane you guys haven't even made a better tank then ours yet.
or missiles.
pakistan will slowly make a fighter of its own when they get good enough experience so it good good quality not like stuff made from india held together with duct tape.

What? Two jokes and you go into full troll mode? Relax, his first concept pic was obviously a joke, and his response to your question was also a joke. If you troll more you're just gonna ruin a perfectly civil thread.

EzioAltaïr;4133969 said:
What? Two jokes and you go into full troll mode? Relax, his first concept pic was obviously a joke, and his response to your question was also a joke. If you troll more you're just gonna ruin a perfectly civil thread.

oh if i troll more?
so what he said or did wasnt trolling?
prove me wrong in what i said if you or even he could.

oh if i troll more?
so what he said or did wasnt trolling?
prove me wrong in what i said if you or even he could.

Is it really offensive trolling to post a concept of a UFO with completely fake specs and saying it's our 6 Gen fighter?

And really? You ask me to disprove your comment that Tejas is held together with duct tape? Just look up riveting and welding. :P

EzioAltaïr;4133994 said:
Is it really offensive trolling to post a concept of a UFO with completely fake specs and saying it's our 6 Gen fighter?

And really? You ask me to disprove your comment that Tejas is held together with duct tape? Just look up riveting and welding. :P

right......

Other countries are catching up fast,They are behind by 7-10 years only.The gap will only get narrower since America is having trouble with producing scientist and engineers in the years to come.
In a decade or two,it will be India and China,That will rule.

Can you elaborate on 7-10 years. The F-22 introduced in 1997 and B-2 introduced in 1989 still don't have any parallel in the whole world. Thats 16 years and 24 years respectively itself atleast.

And as far scientists and engineers are concerned they don't need to produce them when they can import the best talents in the world. You may want to relook at the US doomsday scenario. Its not going to happen. US is and for the foreseeable future US will be the only technological superpower in the world.

Back
Top Bottom