What's new

Book Review - THE INDIA DOCTRINE (1947-2007)

And i believe you will achieve this by the help of Pakistan.... Strange that not 3 decades ago you were trying to get away from them and only India stood between you and continued slavery when on one side were Pakistan , China and USA.

Let us hypothetically accept that what you are saying about India with regards to Bangladesh is concerned is true.. then please tell why did we reach such a stage. Why do you insist on harbouring people who would side with all those that killed in east pakistan to destroy India. India has not indulged in any activity to harm bangladesh instead it is you who have given shelter to those who would harm us.

Donot blame India for your destructive and narrow minded thinking....

Without reading the book your comments actually do not make any sense. You are assuming what my argument is in the book without actually knowing what it is .....

@MBI Munshi Bhai - How much do you think is the level of awareness about what really happened in '71 & the years leading up to '71 in Bangladesh ? Because in Pakistan we either don't talk about it at all or we demonize the Pakistan Army to no end as evil incarnate & as if everything happened in a vacuum !

Last edited by a moderator:
@MBI Munshi Bhai - How much do you think is the level of awareness about what really happened in '71 & the years leading up to '71 in Bangladesh ? Because in Pakistan we either don't talk about it at all or we demonize the Pakistan Army to no end as evil incarnate & as if everything happened in a vacuum !

Unfortunately the level of awareness is still very small but books like Dead Reckoning and The India Doctrine are slowly changing that but only amongst the elite class of Bangladesh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Without reading the book your comments actually do not make any sense. You are assuming what my argument is in the book without actually knowing what it is .....

Yes, I have not read the book.... but i am going by comments posted by you and other bangladeshi bloggers.... You have not replied to the questions that i did raise....

I do not find Ahmad Quraishi to be a credible journalist.

By having him write in this book, I think it damages the credibility of this book...

Yes, I have not read the book.... but i am going by comments posted by you and other bangladeshi bloggers.... You have not replied to the questions that i did raise....

Your question is irrelevant because it has no basis in the book .....

I do not find Ahmad Quraishi to be a credible journalist.

By having him write in this book, I think it damages the credibility of this book...

Ahmed Quraishi is very well connected in Pakistan and only wrote one chapter regarding Pakistani issues with India ......

No my question is relevant... it is not based on any book.... i would be all ears to any logical answers you may provide .....

No your question was related to the book and thus makes no sense. Without the book you have no question. You are presuming something on a book that you have never read.

No your question was related to the book and thus makes no sense. Without the book you have no question. You are presuming something on a book that you have never read.

Why r we arguing about weather or not i have read the book which makes my question relevant or irrelavant. Why don't you answer those questions instaed. I just need to understand the reasons why??

Why r we arguing about weather or not i have read the book which makes my question relevant or irrelavant. Why don't you answer those questions instaed. I just need to understand the reasons why??

why? why? why? what why? What is your question?

So now conspiracy theories taking shape of books!! Nobody in India wants a Akhand Bharat...that's a BS. And supporting pro-India political parties in neighboring countries? Who doesn't want a friendly Govt. in neighboring countries? And about harming Bangladesh....I really don't think anybody in India wants to harm Bangladesh....unlike you guys, we have no hatred for Bangladesh and we want you to succeed, not to fail. But after joining pdf I am getting an idea that some people in BD wants to follow the Pakistan way...that's a proven path to failure. Feels bad when such things come from BDs. Bhalo thakben :)

So now conspiracy theories taking shape of books!! Nobody in India wants a Akhand Bharat...that's a BS. And supporting pro-India political parties in neighboring countries? Who doesn't want a friendly Govt. in neighboring countries? And about harming Bangladesh....I really don't think anybody in India wants to harm Bangladesh....unlike you guys, we have no hatred for Bangladesh and we want you to succeed, not to fail. But after joining pdf I am getting an idea that some people in BD wants to follow the Pakistan way...that's a proven path to failure. Feels bad when such things come from BDs. Bhalo thakben :)

Your comments are based on speculation and conjecture but my book is based on copious amounts of facts and evidence.

No Sir, my comments are not based on speculation and conjecture, and your book may also be a well-researched book based on copious amounts of facts and evidence. But the fact is that India & Indians in general do not have any enmity towards BD, probably you are seeing the facts from a different perspective and that's why you are seeing distorted facts.

The problem is, if such views continue to grow in BD, then at some point it will lead to active enmity against India (we have already seen some of that in last BNP Govt.), at a certain tipping point, such active enmity from BD will face Indian counter-measures, this will further lead to increased enmity & distrust, and finally end up in a bitter relationship as in the case of India-Pakistan. I mean, in many cases you guys are just cooking up conspiracy theories when none exist in reality, some BDs are even finding conspiracies in "India invites Bangladeshis for research" and creating threads...what is happening with you guys?? Don't dig up an enmity when none exist.

Since you are a writer, get a Visa and come to India, stay in Kolkata for some time, mingle with people, and see how many "Enemies of Bangladesh" you find, also check how many takers are here for "Akhand Bharat". Just don't teach our Muslims your conspiracy theories & paranoia. Otherwise. just trust me and stop bothering about India...live in peace.

P.S. ei bachar Ilish Macher supply ta sudhu thik rakhben, taholei kono shatruta thakena. :toast_sign:

My book is not about India and Indians in general. It is about the political, bureaucratic, military, intelligence, religious and intellectual elites of India and their perspectives using their own words as found in books, articles, news reports and academic papers. Yes the consequences you mention may happen with people in Bangladesh being influenced by the contents of the book but that does not mean I should not write the truth. If GOI wanted me to change my perspective they should have invited me to India instead of threatening and victimization me through RAW. It is obvious the GOI knows that I have written the truth so they see no point in trying to adapt my perspective as my impression will be confirmed even after I visit India.

Back
Top Bottom