What's new

Breaking: Fifty-five Chinese sailors are feared dead after their nuclear submarine got caught in a trap intended to ensnare British sub-surface vessel

Status
Not open for further replies.
This shit again? Do you rehash the story every month? The credibility is about as shit as the OP.

I will consider the news suspect till something more credible shows up. Hard to believe nobody else will have this news besides Daily Mail. A submarine sinking is about as hard to hide as a whale beaching.

All the China haters in evil UK and US are so desperate to come up with some bad news about China these days, be it be all the moronic shits every few weeks.

I will consider the news suspect till something more credible shows up. Hard to believe nobody else will have this news besides Daily Mail. A submarine sinking is about as hard to hide as a whale beaching.

I will agree with the first part. Rumors, no matter how widely circulated do not in themselves equal credible sources.

Calling them "intelligence sources" does not make them more reliable either.

On the other hand I'm not so sure about a submarine sinking being as difficult to hide as a whale beaching part. There have been cases of the wreckages of actual missing submarines only being located decades later. The Yellow Sea is around 380,000 square km in area even if it is relatively shallow.

Pretty detailed intel.

"Incident happened at 08.12 local resulting in the death of 55 crew members: 22 officers, 7 officer cadets, 9 petty officers, 17 sailors. Dead include the captain Colonel Xue Yong-Peng.

'Our understanding is death caused by hypoxia due to a system fault on the submarine. The submarine hit a chain and anchor obstacle used by the Chinese Navy to trap US and allied submarines.

'This resulted in systems failures that took six hours to repair and surface the vessel. The onboard oxygen system poisoned the crew after a catastrophic failure.'"

Likely to be true

Pretty detailed intel.

"Incident happened at 08.12 local resulting in the death of 55 crew members: 22 officers, 7 officer cadets, 9 petty officers, 17 sailors. Dead include the captain Colonel Xue Yong-Peng.

'Our understanding is death caused by hypoxia due to a system fault on the submarine. The submarine hit a chain and anchor obstacle used by the Chinese Navy to trap US and allied submarines.

'This resulted in systems failures that took six hours to repair and surface the vessel. The onboard oxygen system poisoned the crew after a catastrophic failure.'"

Likely to be true
Yeah, you moron Indian like it to be true no surprise.

I will agree with the first part. Rumors, no matter how widely circulated do not in themselves equal credible sources.

Calling them "intelligence sources" does not make them more reliable either.

On the other hand I'm not so sure about a submarine sinking being as difficult to hide as a whale beaching part. There have been cases of the wreckages of actual missing submarines only being located decades later. The Yellow Sea is around 380,000 square km in area even if it is relatively shallow.
1696365346910.png

It appears so close to the shore on the map and is obviously in a high traffic (shipping and military) area that 40 days into the accident, there would be YouTube videos of underwater footage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom