What's new

BREAKING: IRAQ TO BUY JF-17 FIGHTER JETS FROM PAKISTAN IN MAJOR BILLION DOLLAR PLUS DEFENSE DEAL

Status
Not open for further replies.
...heard that before.

Lets wait for it to be "OFFICIAL", before we all start goin' nuts with pages after pages discussing over it.
Once an Indian piled in his/her opinions on the possible sale, it's going to be pages and pages. Good old fun weekend reading if you can harbor the salt and vinegar in their posts.

Pakistani politicians jub tuk jhoot na bolain un ki bevi garam ne hoti

Do we actually have confirmation?

On the basis of the price alone - i find the news hard to belive ...
1.1 billion for 12 fighters + spares + maintenance is actually pretty cheap.

Local media sucks at defence reporting. PSF guys have been proven to be reliable in the past
PSF guys have also been known to bullshit, or are we gonna pretend that their claims of the AH-1Z finally coming to Pakistan a few years ago didn't happen?

90% of the aircraft's components, including the Russian engine, are of Chinese-origin. Pakistan is the only country that manufactures...

how is the sell percentage being shared?
Like your out of this universe 1000 gen TEJ@$$ which have more than 90% components are foreign, design by France and tested by USA in 90s (fly by wire tech) and we have 50% of share of profit on selling the jet

I said the same, 90% of Chinese OEM parts are manufactured by Pakistan for Jf17. Now at the international level, it's called TOT, you can label it as cooperation or anything up to you.

So you have gone from JF-17 is shit to China is the producer of the aircraft...

Our profit will only be marginal since we only assemble it from Chinese Provided kit
Time to indigenize JF 17 in the same way HIT did with Alkhalid.
Even though AK was co-produced with China but HIT can now independently manufacture AK without any Chinese help.

I hope at least the metal used for JF 17's body is produced in Pakistan.
Pakistan will make more profit providing training and supporting the servicing of the aircraft as well as munition sales.

Hopefully if/when Iraq goes for a follow in order, it can work with the PAC and CAC to build out a WS-19 equipped version with a dedicated IRST and other features to make it a competitive A2A platform against most platforms in the region.

Last edited:
I said the same, 90% of Chinese OEM parts are manufactured by Pakistan for Jf17. Now at the international level, it's called TOT, you can label it as cooperation or anything up to you.
You are not wrong - except its 85% and reducing. But at the end, if it sells, and there is a decent profit share available to PAC along with getting another nation hooked onto the supply chain.. who cares?

That it flies, does its job and is delivered on time and to both its primary customer’s requirements and export ones is what makes it a successful project.. don’t see many in the neighborhood

So you have gone from JF-17 is shit to China is the producer of the aircraft...
Gand mein khujli kahin se tu kam karni hai… jan itna zeher hai tu kahin tu jaley ga

Even I wanted to put it the same way: when you say "export," nothing much will come to Pakistan. Pakistan will only get the few chunks, majority of dollars will go to China.

Pakistan has almost full control of the aircraft since it was totally designed and developed for the Pakistan Air Force due to cooperation between both countries. Pakistan could have taken advantage and worked on its own indigenous parts to replace Chinese parts. But, Pakistan never tried it might lack the funds, it would be good to start with RADAR, missiles, etc... but Pakistan never tried it.

Pakistan could try replacing it with its own indigenous parts if dollars allow it. It will be great for Pakistan in the future including the sell perspective.
Agree

However most money will be made in support and training not equipment sale
And that is mostly PAF forte

This Arabic source is reporting it. Says the sale hasn't been officially signed pending approval of a defense bill in the Iraqi parliament this year. After which it will become official.

On the basis of the price alone - i find the news hard to belive ...
Price is not just for the planes but for training, weapons, and few other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom