What's new

Breaking news ! ! BD has gotten 19,467sq km maritime area from India :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Accroding to Recliff Talpotti was always India's.
Why did we always make a fuss about it. Its good that its gone forever

Really? Is that a question or you are expressing your opinion?

Bangladesh made a smart choice. If the existence of Talpotti was acknowledged then India would had taken it a basepoint and as theirs and we would had lost a significant amount of sea area in downstream.

PURE BS. South Talpatti is further west of delimitation line. If south Talpatti were Bangladesh baseline, 177.30 azimuth would get Bangladesh more territory plus South Talpatti Island. It is as simple of a calculation that deception spin can not mask it.

Wow we won 190467 square km of maritime territory :yahoo:Congrats to both countries for resolving this peacefully.
I read on fb that 35 oil and 21 gas blocks are now ours to explore

Wow we won 190467 square km of maritime territory :yahoo:Congrats to both countries for resolving this peacefully.
I read on fb that 35 oil and 21 gas blocks are now ours to explore

here comes Awami cheerleading band. When these territory are all along belonged to Bangladesh as we claim, how is that a win? Did we win the war to add new territory? NO.

About exploration blocks, indian subservient Awami League already given indian ONGC exlploration blocks without bidding process. Question should be asked if these resources are to be hand over to india, what is the worth of your and Awami claim?

Last edited:
I suppose you need to find the meaning of Dissenting. In all fairness, indian judge should have recused himself for conflict of interest and transparency. I was right all along now we can expect indian dissenting diatribes here. Count X + 1
Epic fail again. But expected. :coffee: Learn the meaning of 'concur' as well (if you can). And this was not his choice, this is protocol. The opinion is hosted in the home site itself. He was doing his work.

PURE BS. South Talpatti is further west of delimitation line. If south Talpatti were Bangladesh baseline, 177.30 azimuth would get Bangladesh more territory plus South Talpatti Island. It is as simple of a calculation that deception spin can not mask it.

But how can you prove your sovereignty over that island? If India had the sovereignty then you will loose not only Talpotti but also vast sdaline. India tried this and BD refuted saying that Talpotti does not exist.

We won nothing ! The India and Myanmar both claimed our territory and they got some .but atleast we solved it peacefully ! congratulation to my fellow Bdians ,Indians and Burmese . This is a key factor that actualy we can solve any dispute peacefully .

Burmese where they involved? :/

But how can you prove your sovereignty over that island? If India had the sovereignty then you will loose not only Talpotti but also vast sdaline. India tried this and BD refuted saying that Talpotti does not exist.

did not get your question. what you mean by proving sovereignty? India did not have sovereignty. Awami subservient conceded south Talpatti's existence. But tribunal accepted indian baseline claim which was complemented by Awami League concession and shifted delimitation line east of south Talpatti.

and another point here is that we don't exactly know how difficult it would've been to prove our sovereignty over South Talpatti.... we're not experts of hydrography..... experts can tell how easy or difficult it would be... its true that we all want a territory that we had claimed for decades..... I also wanted Talpatti back.... but the international court wouldn't listen to emotions....

and another point here is that we don't exactly know how difficult it would've been to prove our sovereignty over South Talpatti.... we're not experts of hydrography..... experts can tell how easy or difficult it would be... its true that we all want a territory that we had claimed for decades..... I also wanted Talpatti back.... but the international court wouldn't listen to emotions....

There is legal and judgement precedence on defining baseline based on low-water lines on low-tide elevations. Point is regime did not even try and outright conceded Talpattis existence. That is like saying Tungipara does not exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom