What's new

Brig (retd) Ijaz Shah has been appointed as Minister of Interior

pakistanis buy conspiracy theories too much. The CIA director Leon Panetta is a hard nosed politician and bureaucrat.
he saw the intel on Bin Laden. He did not trust Pakistanis. the CIA/Pentagon evaluated pros and cons. the rest is history. Obama signed off on dotted lines.
I am not into conspiracy theories in person, and I have addressed/corrected misconceptions of fellow nationals in regards to Operation Neptune Spear numerous times in this forum.

Treasure-trove of information in this link: https://nsarchive2.gwu.edu/NSAEBB/NSAEBB410/

Now Zoom in to this part: https://obamawhitehouse.archives.go...inistration-officials-killing-osama-bin-laden

"Four years ago, we uncovered his identity, and for operational reasons, I can’t go into details about his name or how we identified him, but about two years ago, after months of persistent effort, we identified areas in Pakistan where the courier and his brother operated. Still we were unable to pinpoint exactly where they lived, due to extensive operational security on their part. The fact that they were being so careful reinforced our belief that we were on the right track.

Then in August 2010, we found their residence, a compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan, a town about 35 miles north of Islamabad. The area is relatively affluent, with lots of retired military. It’s also insolated from the natural disasters and terrorist attacks that have afflicted other parts of Pakistan. When we saw the compound where the brothers lived, we were shocked by what we saw -- an extraordinarily unique compound. The compound sits on a large plot of land in an area that was relatively secluded when it was built. It is roughly eight times larger than the other homes in the area."

Emphasis mine. So Americans unmasked the location of Osama Bin Laden in Abbottabad by 2010, and did not bother to inform Pakistani security forces? Even though ISI nabbed another notable terrorist Omar Patek from Abbottabad in 2010, and Pakistani leadership handed him over to US afterwards?

"We shared our intelligence on this bin Laden compound with no other country, including Pakistan. That was for one reason and one reason alone: We believed it was essential to the security of the operation and our personnel. In fact, only a very small group of people inside our own government knew of this operation in advance.

Shortly after the raid, U.S. officials contacted senior Pakistani leaders to brief them on the intent and the results of the raid. We have also contacted a number of our close allies and partners throughout the world.

Since 9/11, the United States has made it clear to Pakistan that we would pursue bin Laden wherever he might be. Pakistan has long understood that we are at war with al Qaeda. The United States had a legal and moral obligation to act on the information it had."

As I pointed out earlier, Obama administration had ulterior motives in relation to Operation Neptune Spear - probing our defenses and how to take care of them if need be. SHAME ON YOU.

Absolutely wrong move, he is a tainted man regardless of anything was proven or not.

He is from musharrf’s era, the man is responsible for torture of Pakistani citizens at the hands of foreign agencies under his departments supervision and collaboration.

These are the people who handed DR Afiya over even though nothing can be proven against her.

Very unwise move by Imran Khan, change is to empower the civilians, is there no one from civilians of 200 million that is competent enough to fulfil this role.

Too much pressure on IK from establishment to fix things quickly.

Too much pressure on IK from establishment to fix things quickly.

Wrong decision, the guy is tainted and like many in our military are not far behind, if civilian governments were corrupt to core, the military if not ahead was not far behind.

Even the justice system is with the wrong doers and corrupt just take the Bahria town settlement as an example.

Well you are harvesting what you planted all these years, there is no easy and quick solution.

Civil supremacy, justice and harsh punishment regardless of how minor the crime is the key to prosperity.

Seek no friends to the east or the west there are none, there can never be peace with certain people so seek it not, just prepare to deliver the ultimate blow.

Last edited:
Wrong decision, the guy is tainted and like many in our military are not far behind, if civilian governments were corrupt to core, the military if not ahead was not far behind.

Even the justice system is with the wrong doers and corrupt just take the Bahrain town settlement as an example.

Well you are harvesting what you planted all these years, there is no easy and quick solution.

Civil supremacy, justice and harsh punishment regardless of how minor the crime is the key to prosperity.

Seek no friends to the east or the west there are none, there can never be peace with certain people so seek it not, just prepare to deliver the ultimate blow.
Being the subject of allegations alone is not enough to stop someone from running in the elections or holding public office. If allegations alone were to be a disqualifying factor, the majority of our politicians would not be eligible to hold office.

There are processes and systems in place, whether through the election commission or the justice system, to hold people accountable. Jahangir Tareen and Nawaz Sharif have both been the subject of these processes and have lost the ability to hold public office.

Being the subject of allegations alone is not enough to stop someone from running in the elections or holding public office. If allegations alone were to be a disqualifying factor, the majority of our politicians would not be eligible to hold office.

There are processes and systems in place, whether through the election commission or the justice system, to hold people accountable. Jahangir Tareen and Nawaz Sharif have both been the subject of these processes and have lost the ability to hold public office.

These processes are just formalities and not fit for purpose.

Nawaz Shareef living comfortably in a mansion built on the loot of public money. Decisions favouring him show that judiciary is not fit for for purpose or impartial.

Tareen reputation is hardly stellar however he was disqualified to counter disqualification of Nawaz.

Any how you are entitled to your views and opinion and I respect that.

These processes are just formalities and not fit for purpose.
I agree with that, but the answer is not to regress even further and start imprisoning and disqualifying people because of mere allegations, but to improve the institutions & processes needed for accountability and justice.

I agree with that, but the answer is not to regress even further and start imprisoning and disqualifying people because of mere allegations, but to improve the institutions & processes needed for accountability and justice.

Personally I would favour a new constitution total new laws all those British era section this and that gone.

Presidential system, no more poulation based system for provinces as it favours only one and creates division and resentment.

Total new regulatory system for the military and total new judiciary where government sets a guide for crime and punishment, courts convict and sentence based on the guide.

Good decision indeed. His role as minister of interior is going to be very important as with the initiation of Qatar dialogues, a new great game has started in the region. Indian threats, relocation of IS in Kunar and terrorist activities in Baluchistan and KPK are the part of this great game. In addition to manage internal and external threats, he will have to deal the political instability inside country.

Personally I would favour a new constitution total new laws all those British era section this and that gone.

Presidential system, no more poulation based system for provinces as it favours only one and creates division and resentment.

Total new regulatory system for the military and total new judiciary where government sets a guide for crime and punishment, courts convict and sentence based on the guide.
Yes but who will write that constitution.After all this drama i am sure IK even with a council cant do it.

Back
Top Bottom