What's new

British Typhoons beat Indias Sukhois in joint exercises

one thing is for sure that you Indians are truly under estimating EF, and just glowing MKI's. Which I guess is far from reality.

one thing is for sure that you Indians are truly under estimating EF, and just glowing MKI's. Which I guess is far from reality.

We did analyse EF for 2-3 years...so may be Indians will under estimate, but not IAF, coz they knew the air craft.

Remember this post. Typhoon is one of the leading fighters in the world. It can be way ahead of MKI except maneuverability in near future after....

1) It do not have AESA , Indian one will.
2) Full ground and marine attack capability, Indian one will.
3) Better sensors, better weapons like Meteor are coming.

Rafale has most of these except AESA.

i think European jets are reliable than USA f-35 because maintenance cost of f-35 is too high.
Norway & Australia are purchasing just 25-50 jets from USA
euro fighter performance is equal to f-22
here take a look
Eurofighter+Typhoon+1.JPG

RAF Fairford (Britain), July 24 (IANS) Britain’s frontline fighter jet Eurofighter Typhoon, shortlisted for India’s $10.4-billion combat jets tender, whacked the Indian Air Force (IAF) warhorse Sukhoi in one-on-one dog fights during bilateral air war games, if Britain’s air chief is to be believed.

‘Well, they lost,’ was Stephen Dalton’s response when IANS asked how the Russia-developed India-manufactured Su-30MKI air superiority jets performed against the Royal Air Force’s (RAF) Typhoons when they matched their wits during the joint exercises in recent years.

However, he was quick to add that the two aircraft are different in technologies, and that Typhoons are next generation, and hence there is no comparison.

Dalton was interacting with IANS at the recently held Royal International Air Tattoo military air show at the RAF base here.

The two aircraft were pitted against each other during ‘Indradhanush’ exercises in 2007 at Waddington in Britain and in 2010 at Kalaikunda in India.

Interestingly, the IAF had claimed in 2007 that Sukhoi’s performance against Typhoon had convinced the RAF of its superiority. ‘The RAF pilots were candid in their admission of the Su-30 MKI’s observed superior manoeuvring in the air, just as they had studied, prepared and anticipated,’ an Indian defence ministry release had said during the July 2007 Indradhanush.

It was, however, fair to Typhoon, saying the IAF pilots were impressed with its agility in the air.

Dalton was also all praise for the IAF for training its pilots to put any aircraft they fly to best use.

‘The issue is you are comparing technology and people. So, more often than not, technology can give you a great edge, a great lead. But actually it is always the people (behind the machines) who make the difference at the end of the day,’ he said.

‘It is not just how the aircraft did in the air. It is also about how the individual thinks, how they work, and their willingness to develop and to experiment.

‘I have always found the IAF to be extremely good. Yes, technology is a significant element, but also the individual is really important in this,’ he added.

Dalton also indicated that the IAF inventory of Sukhois, MiGs and Mirages are no match to the Typhoons.

‘Nothing that India has got is anything anywhere near this (the Typhoon). I would say that absolutely. This airplane is phenomenally different in both performance and technology in anything they (IAF) got right now,’ he said.

But, he added, it was not criticism, as Typhoon is the product of next generation technology.

‘I would say the IAF crew that I have worked with and seen are every bit as clever as any other air crew in the world, and in many cases better. It is all about the man as the machine that they operate,’ he added.

Dalton said the cooperation between the RAF and the IAF will continue, as Britain valued this relationship. ‘IAF has a lot of experience and I would like to suck that out and use it, quite frankly,’ he added.

‘British Typhoons whacked India’s Sukhois in joint exercises’ News

in short scrap mmrca, buy euro fighter typhoon

This competition was a comparison most for agility since the radars were operating in training mode.

In agility, EF beats the Sukhois......no problem.

In actual combat when both planes in full throttle and at full radar power, the Su is not an easy client to take out.

"Nothing that India has got is anything anywhere near this (the Typhoon). I would say that absolutely. This airplane is phenomenally different in both performance and technology in anything they (IAF) got right now," he said.
A marketing gimmick , nothing more.
But i assume IAF won't be amused with his news.

In hindsight, I now fully believe that Rafale is going to win MMRCA.

so, lets see- they waited 4 years before saying this. And they did not refute the mod statement which if i remember clearly stated that the mki showed superior handling and manouverability( polite way of saying that we beat em). I think its just a publicity stunt to try and convince the mod to buy the ' next gen ' eft.

But we must remember that the mki is not invincible and on their a day a chinese mig 19 could shoot one down.
Anyways the mki is getting a DEEP upgrade( aesa, higher thrust engine, better irst, newer missiles, better ew suite and avionics and sensor fusion etc) from next year onwards and will probably hold the crown of best 4.5 gen fighter in the world.

Full-on marketing PR going on for EF .. first , over Rafales @ Libya ...now over MKIs

I agree with many here that one-on-one comparison between 2 aircrafts in a non-ideal training environment ( no BVR , radars in off / training mode etc. ) is not the ideal way to judge them , be it PAF F16s , USAF F15/F16s , Typhoons or MKIs .

Btw IAF had laid down a list of 600 parameters for MMRCA tender .... hoping EF to top that list atleast.

A clear PR a stunt. Is it a coincidence that MMRCA commercial bids are to be revealed in next 7 days? Or this news comes on back of Dassualt claiming they kicked EFT's a$$ in Libya? The UK is desperate for money and the MMRCA would be a lucrative deal and a political bonus for a floundering GOVT when jobs are going left right and centre. The remarks are as transparent as then come. In Indradunesh-07 both sides were very much tight-lipped about outcome of exercise now economic crisis has happened and EFT is in final of MMRCA these remarks get made...hmmm, correlation?

And just to add we all know these exercises are more friend building opportunities than actual combat exercises. Just look at the wide variations- Indradunesh-07 both sides kept quite but it was believed MKI came out on top. But then in same ex 4 years later it suddenly loses in spectacular style?!! Cope India '04, IAF SU-30MK (not MKI) supposedly toasts the a$$es of F-15C and F-16 but then in Red Flag '08 against the same opponents the more advanced IAF MKIs lose 1v1 (MK "strong point" in '04) and has high number of friendly kills (because of data link or whatever, irrelevant). These are political exercises used to project images and messages. We all know most of the time the scenarios are orchestrated to make on side look much better ie 3v1 flights no BVR etc. And in most cases, certainly with IAF, the planes are not pushed to their maximum like they would be in real combat and are "dialed-down" in cases of radar, jamming etc (MKI RED FLAG).

It has often been said by experts that is is nearly impossible to compare high-end 4.5 gen fighters these days as plus/neg seem to balance out and there is so much much speculation and ambiguity surrounding top-end fighters anyway getting to this info is near impossible. It is almost easier to calculate the actual cost of one of these fighters!! (a little inside joke).

Oh and this is before you take into account future UPG- MKI is to be UPG'd to "SUPER" standard this decade- a formidable package with AESA, AIR-Launched Brahmos, advanced avionics, better engines, RAM coatings, improved cockpit and many more "classified" details.

Like nailing jelly to a wall!!!

EF > MKI , F-16C > EF = F-16C > MKI ?

Wow this epic :lol:

Sure .. keep dreaming... and as claimed j17>f16 so keep dreaming....

Its an exercise.. f15's were whacked by Mig21 Bisons.. so by that logic mig21 bisons >> f16

Back
Top Bottom