What's new

BSF recovers banned medicines, Indian and Bangladeshi currencies

EjazR

Reaction score
BSF recovers banned medicines, Indian and Bangladeshi currencies - The Times of India

AGARTALA: The Border Security Force (BSF), customs and Tripura police recovered a big consignment of banned medicines and a huge amount of Indian and Bangladeshi currencies from Gandhigram, on the outskirts Agartala in a midnight operation.

BSF spokesperson B S Rawat on Monday said acting on an intelligence input, the joint enforcement team stormed the house of one Nirmal Shil (40) of Gandhigram and recovered 289 bottles of Phensedyl and 160 bottles of Recodex worth Rs 62,000.

During the search, they also seized Indian currency of Rs 59,60,000 and Bangladeshi currency of Rs 2,39,200 Taka from Shil's house, Rawat said.

He said the medicines were stored in the house for smuggling to Bangladesh. Shil's house had become the trade centre of illegal business, he said. However, the accused is absconding.

BSF had launched an operation against smuggling at the beginning of the year and so far they have seized Phyansidyl worth crore of rupees and an equal amount of illegal and fake currencies from various parts of the state.

Meanwhile, police has intensified its operation against National Liberation Front of Tripura (NLFT) as it has been reported that the outfit is reorganizing its outfit ahead of assembly poll to be held early next year.

Referring to the statement of the surrendered NLFT commander Barnajay Tripura (32), police said the outfit was collecting large sums of money for purchasing arms and ammunition from other militant groups of the region and conducting a recruitment drive .

What do you want now? promotion, medal or both?

Okay thank you for reporting and informing us Pakistanis on the developments of your border with Bangladesh, keep us updated.

BSF recovers banned medicines, Indian and Bangladeshi currencies - The Times of India

AGARTALA: The Border Security Force (BSF), customs and Tripura police recovered a big consignment of banned medicines and a huge amount of Indian and Bangladeshi currencies from Gandhigram, on the outskirts Agartala in a midnight operation.

BSF spokesperson B S Rawat on Monday said acting on an intelligence input, the joint enforcement team stormed the house of one Nirmal Shil (40) of Gandhigram and recovered 289 bottles of Phensedyl and 160 bottles of Recodex worth Rs 62,000.

During the search, they also seized Indian currency of Rs 59,60,000 and Bangladeshi currency of Rs 2,39,200 Taka from Shil's house, Rawat said.

He said the medicines were stored in the house for smuggling to Bangladesh. Shil's house had become the trade centre of illegal business, he said. However, the accused is absconding.

BSF had launched an operation against smuggling at the beginning of the year and so far they have seized Phyansidyl worth crore of rupees and an equal amount of illegal and fake currencies from various parts of the state.

Meanwhile, police has intensified its operation against National Liberation Front of Tripura (NLFT) as it has been reported that the outfit is reorganizing its outfit ahead of assembly poll to be held early next year.

Referring to the statement of the surrendered NLFT commander Barnajay Tripura (32), police said the outfit was collecting large sums of money for purchasing arms and ammunition from other militant groups of the region and conducting a recruitment drive .

Looks like insurgency in Tripura, one of the North East states, is alive and well.

Looks like insurgency in Tripura, one of the North East states, is alive and well.
and ur corrupted mind is enjoyng it to the fullest, rite ????? why wud u care abt the innocents getting affected....Bdeshis or indians......

and ur corrupted mind is enjoyng it to the fullest, rite ????? why wud u care abt the innocents getting affected....Bdeshis or indians......

North East states are our neighbors, we should always care about them. Why does that bother you?

I never said I support insurgents, just stating what is written in the news. In fact I stated many times in related threads that insurgency is not sustainable without a proper game plan and a sponsor like China who is committed to see it through the finish line. Without these, it is better to quit and lie low. It can and should however be used as a deterrence against uncontrolled future migration or "demographic invasion" from "mainland" India, which can forever change demographics with irreversible future geopolitical implications.

North East states are our neighbors, we should always care about them. Why does that bother you?

I never said I support insurgents, just stating what is written in the news. In fact I stated many times in related threads that insurgency is not sustainable without a proper game plan and a sponsor like China who is committed to see it through the finish line. Without these, it is better to quit and lie low. It can and should however be used as a deterrence against uncontrolled future migration or "demographic invasion" from "mainland" India, which can forever change demographics with irreversible future geopolitical implications.

1.. Awwwwwww....i wonder what the rohingyas might be feeling who were fired upon by BD security personnel.
2. the news doesnt state whether the insurgency is on the rise or on the wane....if it remotely does, then that wud say its on the decline coz ppl are getting caught.

n sorry about the corrupted mind thing

Back
Top Bottom