What's new

Butt and Asif found guilty

This should have been done long time ago. I don't care if you hold a legend or a Godfather status in cricket, if you commit a crime, be prepared to face the music. As much as I m saddened to lose some talented players, I sincerely believe that this would help Pakistan cricket in the long run. Let this be a clear message to everyone that you can not break the trust of the people and the game which has given you everything.

Why most of the time Pak cricketer caught in this type case ? they surly lacks commitment :angry: :hitwall:

Do sane Pakistani members stand for bigger issue. Young Pakistani generation is doing anything illegal to earn some extra bucks. ryI am huge fan of Pakistani cricket talent. Why these young chaps selling their country for some extra bucks. I was huge fan of Asif for his flawless bowling. But he is not different from Kasab who killed people for some bucks. Shame really shame.These guys are explaining Pakistan's today's situation.

good ab aya na maza send them jail 10 years and ban whole life .shame on you PCB look UK is doing your job:tdown:

---------- Post added at 05:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 PM ----------

Why most of the time Pak cricketer caught in this type case ? they surly lacks commitment :angry: :hitwall:

tum log phly cricket khelna seekh lo tab koi tum per juwa lagay ga na :rofl:

Do sane Pakistani members stand for bigger issue. Young Pakistani generation is doing anything illegal to earn some extra bucks. ryI am huge fan of Pakistani cricket talent. Why these young chaps selling their country for some extra bucks. I was huge fan of Asif for his flawless bowling. But he is not different from Kasab who killed people for some bucks. Shame really shame.These guys are explaining Pakistan's today's situation.

give me a break. they are not the same

But 7 years in Prison is too much for Butt....its just a game..

Butt and Asif found guilty

Salman Butt, the former Pakistan captain, has been found guilty of two offences - conspiracy to accept corrupt payments, and conspiracy to cheat - while his team-mate, the fast bowler, Mohammad Asif, has been found guilty of conspiracy to cheat.

The decision was reached on the 20th day of the trial at Southwark Crown Court, and required 16 hours of deliberation from the 12-man jury. Verdicts were reached on three of the four charges, with a hung jury returned for the charge of Asif's acceptance of corrupt payments.

Butt faces up to seven years in prison for his role in the conspiracy that shook world cricket in August 2010, following a sting by the now-defunct newspaper News of the World.

More to follow/

Source: Spot-fixing controversy: Salman Butt and Mohammad Asif found guilty | Pakistan Cricket News | ESPN Cricinfo

this is no breaking news; this was bound to happen. Shame on them!

Salman Butt was a bad influence on several players like Asif , the youngster Amir . He should have been removed from the Team long ago. His brother's influence cost Pakistan Cricket , a talented pacemen like Amir .

salman butt has now become father of a baby boy..just read some where.
both incidents happened same day.

Why? You have had indian cheaters. Other countries have had their share. Why you want to brush us with the same brush? cos of a few idiots?

My friend Indian cheaters like Azhar, Ajay Sharma and other never played for India after even allegations. But Pakistan is always giving second chance to fixers. I won't be surprised if Amir will play international match. Stop shielding your players and encourage new talent.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom