What's new

BYD zooms past Tesla in China's electric-car market

Would you stop that.
Are there Tesla batteries in the Model S - NO
Are there Tesla batteries in the Model X - NO
Are there Tesla batteries in the non-entry level Model 3's not made in China - NO
Are there Tesla batteries in the non-entry level Model Y's not made in China - NO
Are there Tesla batteries in any of Tesla Model - NO

While CATL accounts for more than half of Tesla car batteries is a fact. Haha...

I suppose you think there are no LG Chem 2170 batteries put into any Tesla cars currently built in Shanghai? They all use CATL battery packs....

I suppose you think there are no LG Chem 2170 batteries put into any Tesla cars currently built in Shanghai? They all use CATL battery packs....
LG Chem is not Tesla, so I am still telling the truth. Lol...

LG Chem is not Tesla, so I am still telling the truth. Lol...

Well I do think it is very possible with the ramp up of GigaBerlin and GigaAustin that Tesla will dump all the non-entry level models built in China with the 2170 batteries and let the Chinese market have 100% CATL LFP batteries.

The 2170 batteries will be diverted to the US and EU markets for their higher end cars and eventually they will be switched to 4680. China will remain with just the CATL battery packs.

Last edited:
Well I do think it is very possible with the ramp up of GigaBerlin and GigaAustin that Tesla will dump all the non-entry level models built in China with the 2170 batteries and let the Chinese market have 100% CATL LFP batteries.

The 2170 batteries will be diverted to the US and EU markets for their higher end cars and eventually they will be switched to 4680. China will remain with just the CATL battery packs.
All empty predictions...Lol... I also think it is very possible BYD or CATL's future super batteries will dominate the world and make Tesla out of business... Haha...

One intention for bringing in Gigafactory was to leap frog China supply chain. Once the supplier upped their skills, it would be a matter of time China domestic car makers make very good EV.

Future tense doesn't count, you got a tiny pilot plant now, the real production will still be CATL or Panasonic no matter 4680 or 2170...

Sorry it looks like CATL is not even making batteries for the American made Model Y Standard Range nevermind the long range.

4680 built on site connecting two megacastings.

These Giga Texas 4680 AA-Like Batteries Are Wholly Manufactured by Tesla​

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom