What's new

Capabilities of PAF Dassault MIRAGE-III/V.

Should Pakistan upgrade its Mirages to South African Cheetah standard if not Beyond?

• Yes

Votes: 180 58.8%
  • No

Votes: 126 41.2%

• Total voters
A PAF Mirage III RP with the distinctive Camera nose.

1640720322426.png

1640720340668.png

PAF had new fighter with rd93, why would it spend money on an old fighter, ROSE upgrade as deemed enough and jet was suppose to be retired by 2020 though delays have pushed that date to 2030 now

there was an option to go big, that is to build a new fighter based upon mirage3 as ground up but that would mean two new fighters instead single one mas produced, wasnt worth it

Also I remember an interview with some PAF chief saying that you can only refurbish an aircraft so many times. I think that may be due to metal fatigue of the body.

Also I remember an interview with some PAF chief saying that you can only refurbish an aircraft so many times. I think that may be due to metal fatigue of the body.

I would be against retiring the Mirage fleet

Mirage still is a very good fighter and recon aircraft

PAF has rebuilt them from scratch extending the structural life

HOW LONG DO YOU EXPECT a mirage 3/5 to last in a battle with 150 su30mki buzzing around.

the mki pesa radar will pik up that mirage from 140 km away. HE will launch one or 2 BVRs from 90 km away.

THE POOR MIRAGE PILOT radar will not pik up MKI from outside 40km

You will be sending good pilots to their death

This aged well :rofl:

Mirages could be repurposed for Air to Ground Role we do have 100 + might as well knock out some ground targets

They do have their own Air to Air ammunition

F-16 C/D (Air Superiority / Front Line)
J10-P (Air Superiority / Front Line )
JF-17 Block III (Air Superiority / Front Line)
JF-17 Block 2B (Multi Mission )
JF-17 Block 2 (Multi Mission )
JF-17 Block 1 (if any unit remains to be converted )
Mirage (Air to Ground / Support )
F-7P (Support)

Last edited:
Mirages could be repurposed for Air to Ground Role we do have 100 + might as well knock out some ground targets

They do have their own Air to Air ammunition

F-16 C/D (Air Superiority / Front Line)
J10-P (Air Superiority / Front Line )
JF-17 Block III (Air Superiority / Front Line)
JF-17 Block 2B (Multi Mission )
JF-17 Block 2 (Multi Mission )
JF-17 Block 1 (if any unit remains to be converted )
Mirage (Air to Ground / Support )
F-7P (Support)

Yup, with JC-10, JF-17 and F-16 Mirage's are our least capable air defence fighters, best retire the Mirage IIIs and keep the ROSE ones for strike till we have enough JC-10s to replace them

Back
Top Bottom