What's new

Capabilities of PAF Dassault MIRAGE-III/V.

Should Pakistan upgrade its Mirages to South African Cheetah standard if not Beyond?

• Yes

Votes: 180 58.8%
  • No

Votes: 126 41.2%

• Total voters
Centre pylon ha been used since the already present wiring for smart bombs can be used for this purpose as well. Changing the wiring through the wings is a long process (i once saw a Mirage fully disassembled, saw the wiring, and got the point)

Yes, its parent company i believe went bankrupt.

Nope, Grifo.

30 odd. Only ROSE 1 have been configured to fire it. ROSE 2 and 3 remain dedicated strike.

Centre only, due to wiring.

Due to already present wiring.

Its slated to be there till 2038.

They have now been dedicated for CAP / fighter sweeps / OCAOs.

Fighter sweeps / CAPs / OCAOs.

Not at the moment.
Nice,
Mirage par SD10 ki khushi mey Panzerkiel humey Army Air defense par koi si nayi update dey ga. 😆 choti choti huwahishein hain

So basically we are going to use these 50 year old Baba G for next 50 years also.
Just to put it in perspective, US has been flying B52s very effectively with appropriate upgrades since the 1950s. So surely we can do the same with the mirages until something better comes along to take their place that we can afford.

Just to put it in perspective, US has been flying B52s very effectively with appropriate upgrades since the 1950s. So surely we can do the same with the mirages until something better comes along to take their place that we can afford.
Billions being spent on B-52 re-engine program as we speak. Third/Fourth generation of pilots flying the same platform their grandads flew. Affectionately known as BUFF - Big Ugly Fat F***ker :)

Billions being spent on B-52 re-engine program as we speak. Third/Fourth generation of pilots flying the same platform their grandads flew. Affectionately known as BUFF - Big Ugly Fat F***ker :)
Regardless, they still get the job done, otherwise, the USAF would have dumped them a long time ago.

Considering, the crooked nature of Pakistani society and political system, we will never be flush with funds to buy the toys of our choice to defend the motherland. So we got no choice but to make the best use of what we have.

Last edited:
Regardless, they still get the job done, otherwise, the USAF would have dumped them a long time ago. Considering, the crooked nature of Pakistani society and political system, we will never be flush with funds to buy the toys of our choice to defend the motherland.
That is what I meant. It is an excellent platform that has served the USAF well over 70 years and its mission profile keeps evolving based on new threats. They are mothballing B-1Bs but B52s are still on active duty.

These guys denying such thing happened.
Guess they don’t use defence pk
I don’t like that guy anyways, I thought he was credible but he posts 20 things a day and 19 of them without sources or anything to back them up with. The one that does come out to be true is usually already posted by other people. People need to stop using him as a source.

Even if true the chances of seeing a photo is next to nothing. We saw the photo of H4 after almost 2 decades and have still not seen a photo of R-Darter.
If the aircraft are going to be used in CAP roles then we should see photos sooner rather than later. H4s aren’t carried during CAP and weren’t used anywhere until 27th February 2019. OTOH the SD-10As will need to be constantly carried when the aircraft is flying at CAP.

oo bie deep strike role kai aircraft pai BVR!? kis khotay kai bachay nai laga dia.. Mirage is not and cannot be an omnirole fighter.. utterly stupid idea if true but i am pretty sure news is not true
Please mind your language. Irrespective of your differences you do not disrespect anyone. You can disagree with an idea but use of foul language is not allowed.
Post reported.
A

A discussion of twitter accounts is useless, just like the accounts themselves. Please come back to the topic. Thanks.
Back to the topic. This seems like an attempt to provide the M3s with some teeth . Iam uncertain what benefits it will bring although something is better than nothing. You cannot change the flying dynamics of the plane but again unsure about what other reasons behind the move.
How do you convert this platform into a multirole one without utilizing the wing HPs? The centerline HP is the only one that carries all the CMs and the SOWs.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom