What's new

Capabilities of PAF Dassault MIRAGE-III/V.

Should Pakistan upgrade its Mirages to South African Cheetah standard if not Beyond?

• Yes

Votes: 180 58.8%
  • No

Votes: 126 41.2%

• Total voters
Hi,

Which sqdrn of mirage is deployed at Multan----I saw quiet a few of them flying around every day I was there.

Hi,

Which sqdrn of mirage is deployed at Multan----I saw quiet a few of them flying around every day I was there.
It is a forward operating base. I wonder if there is a permanent deployment of any squadron there. The Mirages could have come from the nearest PAF base Rafiqui, which does deploy No. 15 and No. 27 squadrons.

Last edited:
They are from rafiqui probably. But have been very active since last 3 months or so. Have witnessed 5/6 fly by every day.

Hi,

Multan airport and Airbase share the same runway. But Multan doesn't have a permanent full airbase by PAF, which i always found surprising, since the 1st Armoured Division of Pakistan Army is based there and Multan is home to the Strike Corps. So it would be natural to base a CAS squadron there.

I used to see Mirage flying there all the time, along with the venerable AH-1Fs of the Army

Multan airport and Airbase share the same runway. But Multan doesn't have a permanent full airbase by PAF, which i always found surprising, since the 1st Armoured Division of Pakistan Army is based there and Multan is home to the Strike Corps. So it would be natural to base a CAS squadron there.

I used to see Mirage flying there all the time, along with the venerable AH-1Fs of the Army

May be its a question of budge ? To run so many bases cost a huge cash.

f-104a-starfighter-paf-tc-130.jpg

Base was established by US, which we inherited. US also required F-16 blk52 to be offlimit to Chinese, and wanted to keep an eye on who was handling those jets. I have been to Jacobabad, boy hot as hell.

multan has the PAA base with Cobra helos in support of the 1st Armored Div which is part of the strike corps. PAF uses multan as a FOB during war-time.

Hi,

It is an active air base---my house is bout a 150 yds from the runway fence---and I hve been there since 1979. The mirages were there and then and are still there---then the cobra gunships came. The mirages still fly all the time alomost everyday---and so do the cobras----.

My 10 yrs old nephew gets to the roof top to see them flying---s i did when I was there thre weeks go.

Missing the A on the keyboard---it works when it wants to.

Mirage-IIIE Lebanese air force ... All Mirage was sold to Pakistan in 2000
1012146_453047831492470_731750617_n.jpg

Mirage-IIIE Lebanese air force ... All Mirage was sold to Pakistan in 2000
1012146_453047831492470_731750617_n.jpg

I think Pakistan has not marketed its products well in Muslim world. I am sure Lebanese Army needs Anza MK-IIIs, Baktar Shikan and UAVs....

I think Pakistan has not marketed its products well in Muslim world. I am sure Lebanese Army needs Anza MK-IIIs, Baktar Shikan and UAVs....

1st sensible thing you have said in a while....un-ban the guy!

Back
Top Bottom